‘ CCFC There are 12pts here ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ CCFC There are 12pts here ‘

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:15 am

Reading is the most difficult game they are only five points behind us and we are playing them after playing them again in a 3 games in six days run, where they were able to change the whole team and still scrape a draw, so they should have had more players rested!
Bluebina

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:22 am

rontom wrote:Under Warnock for those 4 games we amassed the grand total of 3 points

Not quite right
Wigan 3 Cardiff 2
Cardiff 2 Luton 1
Reading 3 Cardiff 0
Cardiff 2 Huddersfield 1
So to beat the fans favourite Warnock, Harris really needs to beat 6 points and a minus 2 goal difference, there is the true target :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:00 am

bit ridiculous this. all 4 are winnable games sure, but we are 12th in the league with 2 away wins all season. we are inconsistent, so to expect us to win 5 league games in a row is wishful thinking at best.

8 points id be more than happy with, if we can get a third win and pick up 9/10 we would be in a great position.
paulh_85

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:50 am

paulh_85 wrote:bit ridiculous this. all 4 are winnable games sure, but we are 12th in the league with 2 away wins all season. we are inconsistent, so to expect us to win 5 league games in a row is wishful thinking at best.

8 points id be more than happy with, if we can get a third win and pick up 9/10 we would be in a great position.

Agreed and on paper, there is a chance of that happening :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby T1JMO » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:A week ago I stated these 4 games are all winnable and we should expect to beat all 4 teams

On paper we have a better squad and with only 2 defeats in our last 16 games the team and Neil Harris will feel the same.

I make it 3 defeats in the last 16 (and 4 in the last 17)?
T1JMO

Postby JulesK » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:23 pm

Bluebina wrote:
rontom wrote:Under Warnock for those 4 games we amassed the grand total of 3 points

Not quite right
Wigan 3 Cardiff 2
Cardiff 2 Luton 1
Reading 3 Cardiff 0
Cardiff 2 Huddersfield 1
So to beat the fans favourite Warnock, Harris really needs to beat 6 points and a minus 2 goal difference, there is the true target :thumbup:

I like this :thumbup: but no doubt the Harris haters will go on to some other target demanded of him and his group :D

One game at a time but looking at the tables I think there's a few twists and turns yet :o
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby phildavies » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:30 pm

Would take 10 points from the 4. Huddersfield are better side than their league position suggests. Either way we should be making the playoffs this season as long we don’t pick up any bad injuries in key areas and Harris at some stage realises that he can’t keep playing Pack as part of a two man midfield.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby rontom » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:17 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Not quite right
Wigan 3 Cardiff 2
Cardiff 2 Luton 1
Reading 3 Cardiff 0
Cardiff 2 Huddersfield 1

Yes I did correct my first post, but thanks for the decent reply, and not assuming I had some sort of agenda like poster of the first reply to my post
rontom

Postby BC-CB » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:41 pm

Fell at the first fence, hopefully 10 points from the games now. :bluebird:
BC-CB

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:49 pm

BC-CB wrote:Fell at the first fence, hopefully 10 points from the games now. :bluebird:

Yes we did , once again due to our first half performance.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby davids » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:20 am

My prediction is four points out of twelve.

Three more draws to look forward to which will consolidate our position of mediocrity in mid table.
davids

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:
BC-CB wrote:Fell at the first fence, hopefully 10 points from the games now. :bluebird:

Annis whilst it was poor it wasn reason we drew game that was down to defenders not defending simple ball into box... its frustrating as hell seeing same things regularly dragging us back! We are going good at scoring so easy to see problem this season is defending or lack of it... :o
pembroke allan

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:

To be honest, I wasn't expecting any points from the west brom game,but thought we would get 3 pts yesterday, so out of those two games we have taken 4pts (I'm happy with that,if we can keep it up,2pts per game) I know this thread is about the games starting with Reading, but if we can just put away them few chances,as per west brom,we could sneak up into the play off places yet! As the saying goes, it ain't over till the fat lady sings,and she hasn't even started her warm up yet :thumbup: this division always throws up something unexpected (us being promoted for instance) who really believed we would stay in the top 2 back then? Let alone the top 6!! Dissapointing result,but not the end of the worlday today.c'mon city :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:27 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

To be honest, I wasn't expecting any points from the west brom game,but thought we would get 3 pts yesterday, so out of those two games we have taken 4pts (I'm happy with that,if we can keep it up,2pts per game) I know this thread is about the games starting with Reading, but if we can just put away them few chances,as per west brom,we could sneak up into the play off places yet! As the saying goes, it ain't over till the fat lady sings,and she hasn't even started her warm up yet :thumbup: this division always throws up something unexpected (us being promoted for instance) who really believed we would stay in the top 2 back then? Let alone the top 6!! Dissapointing result,but not the end of the worlday today.c'mon city :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

If we can average 2 points per game through the rest of the season, that should be good enough for a play off place. Going to need a big improvement for that based on our current average points per game.
Steve Zodiak

Postby davids » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:17 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

If we can average 2 points per game through the rest of the season, that should be good enough for a play off place. Going to need a big improvement for that based on our current average points per game.

It'd be a start if we could play for 90 minutes each game instead of 45 minutes.
davids

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:44 am

:bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:46 am

You have to believe and aim for the most :bluebird:

7pts so far and another 3pts on Saturday will be brilliant :bluescarf:

:bluebird: Friday 31st Jan Cardiff City 1 Reading 1 Crowd 22,514. Away Support ( 1,141)

Sat 8th Feb Luton Town 0 Cardiff C 1 :thumbright: :bluebird: Crowd 10,049 Away Support (1,025 Sold out)

Wed 12th Feb Huddersfield Town 0 Cardiff City 3 :thumbright: :thumbright: Crowd Away Support (280 )

Sat 15th Feb Wigan Athletic H

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Foghorn65 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:56 pm

Looking great for all 9
Foghorn65

Postby Bluebina » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:25 pm

Bluebina wrote:Reading is the most difficult game they are only five points behind us and we are playing them after playing them again in a 3 games in six days run, where they were able to change the whole team and still scrape a draw, so they should have had more players rested!

Good result at Reading, we had to play a lot of games quickly and they were able to rest more players, after that we have done really well, especially when you take into account those extra cup games, thankfully we are now out of the cup!!!
Bluebina

Previous

Return to General Chat