Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Dalman: “ Firstly we don't have the money. And secondly,

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:13 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:McKay organised the illegal flight, he was nantes selling agent, why should we lose 15 million for other peoples negligence?

Agree Wez.
People are saying things like ‘do the right thing’ and ‘our club is an embarrassment’ - let’s wait to see the outcome first.

Not with their own money, if it was their money they would be doing the same no matter what they say :thumbup:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:15 am

PtB wrote:“Firstly, we don’t have the money”

That is a madness statement, the money should have been ring fenced the minute things went bad.

I totally agree with the clubs stance on it all but I feel that opening line is a very strange thing to say on a deal that was by all accounts as through until tragedy struck.

They can get the money if they need to, they are not going to say that through are they :thumbup:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:18 am

OrlandoBloo wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Go away roathy ,nantes employed mckay this was a fact ,they also employed him this month too

It doesn’t matter.

For vicarious liability to occur the offence has to be committed WHILE employed to a company. The fact he had previously worked for them or has worked for them since doesn’t matter, he’s previously worked for you too - does that mean you are saying Cardiff are liable too?

When the flight was arranged he was not employed by Nantes. It really is a straight forward case, Cardiff are just scrambling around looking for everything and anything.

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: Bore off Roathy no one cares :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:23 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:So the question now is.....

Where the hell has the £100mill parachute payment and tv income gone?? There is absolutely no way our clubs wage bill is that high

The season we went up we lost 38 million ,last season our wage bill was 60million

Just saw article and it's a very odd statement to make unless it's out of context and something was said before "we dont have the money " not sure how true that is but strange in any case considering he was suppose to be putting across clubs side of the story to counter bad publicity by press? Hes only added to that equation odd very odd n:roll:

I read a similar article a couple of weeks back where Dalman said it could bankrupt the club..

What is apparent is people at club need to have media lessons like footballers do so that they dont say things that are misconstrued... both the statements lack clarity and can be misinterpreted if people so desire! Dont believe for one minute we dont have the money
Or we'll go bankrupt but thats how both statements sounded like very poor indeed.

Spot on the thread is finished, we have the money, and made a poor statement, the court will decide next summer :thumbup:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:23 am

Quick question:

If you ordered something off Amazon for a fair bit of money and then during delivery by Amazon it got lost or destroyed, what would you do?

I highly doubt anyone's answer would be just accept the money is gone and move on. I'm sure we all pursue Amazon in these circumstances

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:29 am

jezzy666 wrote:Quick question:

If you ordered something off Amazon for a fair bit of money and then during delivery by Amazon it got lost or destroyed, what would you do?

I highly doubt anyone's answer would be just accept the money is gone and move on. I'm sure we all pursue Amazon in these circumstances

is that what happened. he did not arrive ?
or did he arrive pass a medical. sign.. turn down going with the team ,and instead started making arrangements to go back France having also turned down a commercial flight offered by our club..

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:30 am

Exactly ,mckay was paid by nantes to sell there player ,he arranged the illegal flight

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:31 am

That quote from Dalman, I believe they took from his previous quotes a few months ago when media Wales interviewed Dalman.
And have just done lazy journalism and added it again.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:20 am

wez1927 wrote:

Exactly ,mckay was paid by nantes to sell there player ,he arranged the illegal flight

He arranged the flight AFTER he completed the deal, meaning he was not an employee of Nantes.

This was AFTER Sala had his contract terminated with the club (19th), so neither were employees of Nantes and it was a personal trip and the travel wishes of Sala who had other options but chose this one.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:26 am

It’s not the same scenario.

If you bought a dog off amazon (not sure if you can but for arguments sake), it got delivered and all paperwork complete - then it wandered to the end of the road under its own free will and tragically lost its life to an unlicensed driver - would you stop the payment before it went through?

That’s more a like for like scenario. You are refusing to pay who you bought it from “because it wasn’t your fault” the puppy lost its life. It’s not really a reason not to pay. What you should be doing is paying and taking who you believe is at fault to court.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:38 am

luca wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He arranged the flight AFTER he completed the deal, meaning he was not an employee of Nantes.

This was AFTER Sala had his contract terminated with the club (19th), so neither were employees of Nantes and it was a personal trip and the travel wishes of Sala who had other options but chose this one.

The deal is not completed until CAS as adjudicated on things only then will the contract issue be resolved! until then you know precisely what we do nothing more nothing less! You may quote fifa judgement but that is their view on things but CAS as the power to change that view and nothing you say on here can change that fact however much you try to do so. :thumbup:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:43 am

pembroke allan wrote:
luca wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

The deal is not completed until CAS as adjudicated on things only then will the contract issue be resolved! until then you know precisely what we do nothing more nothing less! You may quote fifa judgement but that is their view on things but CAS as the power to change that view and nothing you say on here can change that fact however much you try to do so. :thumbup:

No, not quite. The deal was completed UNLESS CAS say otherwise. Not the other way around, it doesn’t work like that. It is an appeal hearing.

If you were sentenced to prison and you took the crazy position you have to an appeal court, you would still be in prison and guilty UNTIL the appeal court overturns, not a second before.

What we do know is facts of the case and dates of the case - so we can safely say what happened regardless.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:46 am

luca wrote:

If you bought a dog off amazon (not sure if you can but for arguments sake), it got delivered and all paperwork complete - then it wandered to the end of the road under its own free will and tragically lost its life to an unlicensed driver - would you stop the payment before it went through?

That’s more a like for like scenario. You are refusing to pay who you bought it from “because it wasn’t your fault” the puppy lost its life. It’s not really a reason not to pay. What you should be doing is paying and taking who you believe is at fault to court.

Here we go again....zzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:55 am

luca wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
luca wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

No, the deal was completed UNLESS cas say otherwise. Not it wasn’t until cas confirm.

It is an appeal hearing.

If you were sentenced to prison and you took it to an appeal court, you would still be in prison and guilty UNTIL the appeal court overturns.

What we do know is facts of the case and dates of the case - so we can safely say what happened regardless.

Deal is not completed until that appeal is heared otherwise club would have paid nante on completion of contracts! the club dispute contracts were completed satisfactory doesnt matter what paperwork is out there fact still remains there is question marks over their legality which is reason club gone to CAS! If Club win appeal the deal you say is completed would then be invalid :old:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
luca wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
luca wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

No, the deal was completed UNLESS cas say otherwise. Not it wasn’t until cas confirm.

It is an appeal hearing.

If you were sentenced to prison and you took it to an appeal court, you would still be in prison and guilty UNTIL the appeal court overturns.

Deal is not completed until that appeal is heared otherwise club would have paid nante on completion of contracts! the club dispute contracts were completed satisfactory doesnt matter what paperwork is out there fact still remains there is question marks over their legality which is reason club gone to CAS! If Club win appeal the deal you say is completed would then be invalid :old:

Of course the deal is complete, FIFA have told you this. What you are doing is appealing that - so as it stands you are liable, however they are suspending sanctions and giving you the chance to appeal.

The reasons the club have given to dispute the contracts not being complete doesn’t stack up to the facts. They say one of the clauses was Premier League registration, on inspection of the contracts it had no such clause. It had 4 clauses - each of which was fulfilled.

The legal case is not one going to CAS. CAS is not a court of law and do not deal in illegalities, they deal in sporting cases on civil conflict. They are hearing the same argument put to FIFA, that argument is in the public domain as is the exact reasons to why the arguments are fundamentally flawed.

But again, as it stands, the deal was complete. This reality can only be changed if CAS overturn, which they obviously won’t. Not a second before.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:27 pm

luca wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
luca wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
luca wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

It is an appeal hearing.

Of course the deal is complete, FIFA have told you this. What you are doing is appealing that - so as it stands you are liable, however they are suspending sanctions and giving you the chance to appeal.

The reasons the club have given to dispute the contracts not being complete doesn’t stack up to the facts. They say one of the clauses was Premier League registration, on inspection of the contracts it had no such clause. It had 4 clauses - each of which was fulfilled.

The legal case is not one going to CAS. CAS is not a court of law and do not deal in illegalities, they deal in sporting cases on civil conflict. They are hearing the same argument put to FIFA, that argument is in the public domain as is the exact reasons to why the arguments are fundamentally flawed.

But again, as it stands, the deal was complete. This reality can only be changed if CAS overturn, which they obviously won’t. Not a second before.

Thanks for confirming that if CAS overturned fifa ruling deal was not completed! Your opinion on the matter is accepted but it is only an opion same as mine is on the matter, and as such as no more credence than mine
have a nice day roathy :thumbup:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Thanks for confirming that if CAS overturned fifa ruling deal was not completed! Your opinion on the matter is accepted but it is only an opion same as mine is on the matter, and as such as no more credence than mine
have a nice day roathy :thumbup:

Indeed, that’s obvious. But not what we were discussing.

if I get signed my Man United and score 1000 goals I’ll be the greatest goalscorer in PL history too.

Doesn’t mean that is the case until it doesn’t happen though. Doesn’t work like that unfortunately. Likewise your case isn’t overturned until it happens too.

As I said, currently the deal is complete... which was the discussion.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:27 am

Bluebina wrote:
OrlandoBloo wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Go away roathy ,nantes employed mckay this was a fact ,they also employed him this month too

It doesn’t matter.

For vicarious liability to occur the offence has to be committed WHILE employed to a company. The fact he had previously worked for them or has worked for them since doesn’t matter, he’s previously worked for you too - does that mean you are saying Cardiff are liable too?

When the flight was arranged he was not employed by Nantes. It really is a straight forward case, Cardiff are just scrambling around looking for everything and anything.

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: Bore off Roathy no one cares :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

You feeding him with these childish responses which is exactly what he wants. in my opinion these stupid posts are more annoying than his. Stop reading his post if he upsets you so much. Simple.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:28 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
luca wrote:

Here we go again....zzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Stop feeding him. If you get upset by it.