A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Dalman: “ Firstly we don't have the money. And secondly,

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:09 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:So the question now is.....

Where the hell has the £100mill parachute payment and tv income gone?? There is absolutely no way our clubs wage bill is that high

The season we went up we lost 38 million ,last season our wage bill was 60million

Just saw article and it's a very odd statement to make unless it's out of context and something was said before "we dont have the money " not sure how true that is but strange in any case considering he was suppose to be putting across clubs side of the story to counter bad publicity by press? Hes only added to that equation odd very odd n:roll:

I read a similar article a couple of weeks back where Dalman said it could bankrupt the club..

What is apparent is people at club need to have media lessons like footballers do so that they dont say things that are misconstrued... both the statements lack clarity and can be misinterpreted if people so desire! Dont believe for one minute we dont have the money
Or we'll go bankrupt but thats how both statements sounded like very poor indeed.

Yes I suppose Dalman isn’t exactly going to say “We have the money ready, just in case we have to pay”

Apparently he did say similar in the Q&A though which is ok as it shows why we are doing what we are :thumbup:

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:15 pm

Don't think you are reading it right , what he saying we have not got the money to throw away to a bunch of crooks .

Even if we had loads of money he wouldn't have paid it

And I totally agree Nantes and Mackay are bent and all they are interested in was the money and still is they didn't care about the poor kid just the money and they were so keen to get rid of him they couldn't wait for the flight Cardiff City had arranged
and put on a plane that was not fit and a pilot who was not fit .

I fully support Cardiff on this something is totally wrong in all this not just the money I feel someone should be put in prison Mackay for 1

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:22 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Don't think you are reading it right , what he saying we have not got the money to throw away to a bunch of crooks .

Even if we had loads of money he wouldn't have paid it

And I totally agree Nantes and Mackay are bent and all they are interested in was the money and still is they didn't care about the poor kid just the money and they were so keen to get rid of him they couldn't wait for the flight Cardiff City had arranged
and put on a plane that was not fit and a pilot who was not fit .

I fully support Cardiff on this something is totally wrong in all this not just the money I feel someone should be put in prison Mackay for 1

Too right mackay will prob get a few million from the fee, for sending him to his death ffs....and this is ok? The world is phucked up if this is the case.

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:27 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Where the hell has the £100mill parachute payment and tv income gone?? There is absolutely no way our clubs wage bill is that high

The season we went up we lost 38 million ,last season our wage bill was 60million

Just saw article and it's a very odd statement to make unless it's out of context and something was said before "we dont have the money " not sure how true that is but strange in any case considering he was suppose to be putting across clubs side of the story to counter bad publicity by press? Hes only added to that equation odd very odd n:roll:

I read a similar article a couple of weeks back where Dalman said it could bankrupt the club..

What is apparent is people at club need to have media lessons like footballers do so that they dont say things that are misconstrued... both the statements lack clarity and can be misinterpreted if people so desire! Dont believe for one minute we dont have the money
Or we'll go bankrupt but thats how both statements sounded like very poor indeed.

Yes I suppose Dalman isn’t exactly going to say “We have the money ready, just in case we have to pay”

the trouble is , he has said many times we will pay .

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:43 pm

dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

If proved, I suppose they have to. Whether they have the money or not.

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:48 pm

dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

And we will if CAS say we must as they are the arbitrators of decisions? Dont think club will go against them because of transfer ban by fifa? But it wont stop club going after nante or anyone else involved in the tragedy that's for sure.

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:01 pm

He did not say we have not got the money, that is badly reported, the money is there in case they have to pay.

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:09 pm

wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Moving aside the point of weather we should or shouldn't pay for a moment.... How the hell do we not have the money? If this never happened we would have paid the money... So what's the difference

We would of had an asset ,the player to sell on ,this excuse the word is dead money now ,no asset just paying out

would you buy something expensive for your business on credit knowing the only way your getting the money to make repayments was to sell it ?

Would you pay something you believe was lost due to someone else's negligence?

We've paid out millions already for plenty of players signed through Sir Neils negligence. Murphy, Madine, Cunningham and Flint all might as well be lost for the value they are to us now.

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:11 pm

I was at the meeting Friday night and two things which were clear 1. If we are found liable the club will pay what is owed 2. He 100% said the club had the money set aside if they needed to pay.
Horses mouth

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:15 pm

Under EU Law, Nantes are required to ensure their employees and sub-contractors are competent for the roles they may undertake, and have to carry out checks under due diligence as do said sub-contractor. I foresee trouble for the Agent if the Pilot status reported is true.

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Moving aside the point of weather we should or shouldn't pay for a moment.... How the hell do we not have the money? If this never happened we would have paid the money... So what's the difference

We would of had an asset ,the player to sell on ,this excuse the word is dead money now ,no asset just paying out

would you buy something expensive for your business on credit knowing the only way your getting the money to make repayments was to sell it ?

there is a photo of him here at our ground mate. trust me he wasn't lost he arrived here and passed a medical..
now AFTER that he decided not to travel with the team but go back to France to say goodbyes.. turned down the commercial flight the club offered.. and made his own arrangements , turned out to be through McKay, but was looking for alternative means to go back even before the McKays got involved.
mate, id rather our club have 15 mill than not have it.. its just so far ive not seen anything that makes me think we shouldn't pay..
this lost in transit idea proper don't work..

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:35 pm

dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

there is a photo of him here at our ground mate. trust me he wasn't lost he arrived here and passed a medical..
now AFTER that he decided not to travel with the team but go back to France to say goodbyes.. turned down the commercial flight the club offered.. and made his own arrangements , turned out to be through McKay, but was looking for alternative means to go back even before the McKays got involved.
mate, id rather our club have 15 mill than not have it.. its just so far ive not seen anything that makes me think we shouldn't pay..

I agree we should pay. It’s embarrassing that we haven’t Paid already. Just pay up and then look to sue whoever is negligent or arranged the flights etc.

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:35 pm

dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

We've been discussing this far to long its causing things to be like Chinese whispers changing everytime theres a thread about it! Isn't the issue about whether the contract was fully sighned sealed and delivered correctly?

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:06 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

We've been discussing this far to long its causing things to be like Chinese whispers changing everytime theres a thread about it! Isn't the issue about whether the contract was fully sighned sealed and delivered correctly?

I don't know Allan. one minute its the contract , the next its Nantes are liable because of the flight..
I don't know what to think about MD going to France and offering them half either.. he feels very strongly blah blah.. but its Nantes that felt they were wronged and stood firm . ? no doubt that can be twisted to us being reasonable and them not so..
but wez asked me would I pay etc.. if I thought I was being wronged id not be offering half.. or accepting half.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:19 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I don't know Allan. one minute its the contract , the next its Nantes are liable because of the flight..
I don't know what to think about MD going to France and offering them half either.. he feels very strongly blah blah.. but its Nantes that felt they were wronged and stood firm . ? no doubt that can be twisted to us being reasonable and them not so..
but wez asked me would I pay etc.. if I thought I was being wronged id not be offering half.. or accepting half.

Non payment is about contract hence CAS...flight is another matter ? would I pay no not under the circumstances. And feel city are right not yo pay because you've got to believe that the contract was not legally finished, fifa only looked at one aspect of deal and they were very keen to pass buck over to both clubs why else would they say both clubs could appeal to CAS fifa's decision? Was there grounds to appeal you suspect there was or surely city wouldn't have taken that route as they know if contract was legitimate, and appealling to CAS won't change that..

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:24 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Non payment is about contract hence CAS...flight is another matter ? would I pay no not under the circumstances. And feel city are right not yo pay because you've got to believe that the contract was not legally finished, fifa only looked at one aspect of deal and they were very keen to pass buck over to both clubs why else would they say both clubs could appeal to CAS fifa's decision? Was there grounds to appeal you suspect there was or surely city wouldn't have taken that route as they know if contract was legitimate, and appealling to CAS won't change that..

same can be said for Nantes though. if they thought we had a decent case with this contract argument wouldn't they have bitten Dalmans hand off for half. ?
as for the flight.. well CAS have to find against Cardiff for us to benefit from that...which is strange in itself..

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:37 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

same can be said for Nantes though. if they thought we had a decent case with this contract argument wouldn't they have bitten Dalmans hand off for half. ?
as for the flight.. well CAS have to find against Cardiff for us to benefit from that...which is strange in itself..

Not unless they thought contracts weren't legitimate difficult to see it from their perspective as it's not our club!
Not sure of CAS decision will effect flight recriminations as if CAS say hes our player then we pay nante but would go after whoever responsible for the flight? if we win nante stand lose 15m unless they can sue somebody , Or they still had ameliano insured at that time? Tbh so many different things involved regarding the money side of things wont be surprised to see it last several years! Hence city doing trust fund for his family in case there is a problem..

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:45 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Not unless they thought contracts weren't legitimate difficult to see it from their perspective as it's not our club!
Not sure of CAS decision will effect flight recriminations as if CAS say hes our player then we pay nante but would go after whoever responsible for the flight? if we win nante stand lose 15m unless they can sue somebody , Or they still had ameliano insured at that time? Tbh so many different things involved regarding the money side of things wont be surprised to see it last several years! Hence city doing trust fund for his family in case there is a problem..

a lots been said about looking after his family. youd think though that all these footballers would be carrying substantial personal life insurance. i thought that's the sort of thing agents advised and sorted..

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:54 am

jesus.. its like the Paul Daniels show here..
I just replied to the idiots most recent post but by the time I pressed submit.. his post had been deleted and didn't exist.. :lol:
Last edited by dogfound on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:54 am

Dog
clubs have to ensure them that covers career ending injuries ect ect so presume it's not essential to be personally insured unless you want to be? And of course like everything else in this saga bet it's not simply a case of one clubs insurer paying up as could be clauses in it that prevents this happening, we wont know that of course ...

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:56 am

dogfound wrote:jesus.. its like the Paul Daniels show here..
I just replied to the idiot but by the time I pressed submit.. his post had been deleted and didn't exist.. :lol:

Like I said he buts in your conversation to get a response :o

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:01 am

pembroke allan wrote:Dog
clubs have to ensure them that covers career ending injuries ect ect so presume it's not essential to be personally insured unless you want to be? And of course like everything else in this saga bet it's not simply a case of one clubs insurer paying up as could be clauses in it that prevents this happening, we wont know that of course ...

yes im aware of club insurance which covers loss of an asset { hate using that word } and of course players future wages.. but players can have life changing injuries on holidays, out with mates, in the garden. or while out of contract etc.. so was of the idea this was all part of agents work..

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:02 am

pembroke allan wrote:
I just replied to the idiot but by the time I pressed submit.. his post had been deleted and didn't exist.. :lol:

I think sven zapped him before I could have my sixpence worth..

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:06 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think sven zapped him before I could have my sixpence worth..

That's what he loves when he gets no luck elsewhere he gets involved in other conversations but he cuts out bits that doesnt suit his post.. anyway did reply about insurance you last posted :thumbup:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:11 am

dogfound wrote:

yes im aware of club insurance which covers loss of an asset { hate using that word } and of course players future wages.. but players can have life changing injuries on holidays, out with mates, in the garden. or while out of contract etc.. so was of the idea this was all part of agents work..

Yes forgot about holidays :laughing6:
But judging by agents performance so far you've got to doubt anything he does, again is the questions about legitimacy of flight a problem with the insurers as you know they will find anything not to pay and we are talking millions. Here

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:25 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

But judging by agents performance so far you've got to doubt anything he does, again is the questions about legitimacy of flight a problem with the insurers as you know they will find anything not to pay and we are talking millions. Here

the flight was wrong on many levels. but not sure how negligent Mckay was, everyone wants a villain and he fits. but do you think when Vince phones up for 10 coaches he then checks they are all currently PSV MOTd , have tachometers legally calibrated up to date, are covered under the insurance policy of the coach company , the drivers all have correct licences and current CPC cards. or does he just trust whoever he speaks to on phone ? and if you ring a taxi company , do you jump in the cab or do the checks ? I think if he rang Henderson and Henderson is legit the negligence moves from Mckay to him..

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:36 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

the flight was wrong on many levels. but not sure how negligent Mckay was, everyone wants a villain and he fits. but do you think when Vince phones up for 10 coaches he then checks they are all currently PSV MOTd , have tachometers legally calibrated up to date, are covered under the insurance policy of the coach company , the drivers all have correct licences and current CPC cards. or does he just trust whoever he speaks to on phone ? and if you ring a taxi company , do you jump in the cab or do the checks ? I think if he rang Henderson and Henderson is legit the negligence moves from Mckay to him..

Not sure either guess it depends who's signature is on paper work or who authorised the pilot and plane.. as for your examples anyone who provides transportation for anyone as a legal duty to make sure it meets legal requirements whether it's the driver or the vehicle failing to do so is a criminal act it's not responsibility of the person requesting transportation to make sure driver or vehicle is lawful.. so in ameliano case it's looking like pilots responsibility but sure it's not that simple as it could be club or someone else knew some part of transport was illegal so they are also culpable it Can be complicated that's for sure.. :thumbup:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:20 am

I just don't understand some posters on this board who state that we should just pay up the money. Why should we? There are obviously complex issues here that most people on this board are not privy to.

I can gaurantee you that if it was your money, and you believed that something was not right, you would not just hand over the cash. I think that OUR club is totally within it's rights to explore what happened in this sad case, by all means possible, and then ultimately do the right thing.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:50 am

Theres an elderly cardiff fan on facebook, Andy, i do enjoy his posts, and i'll copy below what he posted, different to what annis wrote, andy stating dalman said they have the money and if they are ordered to pay they will. so not sure who misheard annis or andy.

Hello Girls and Boys.
I received an invitation last Friday to attend a meeting with Mehmet Dalman the Cardiff City Chairman & Ken Choo the Chief executive, along with other supporters and representatives of various supporter groups. I was more than happy to attend.
The meeting took place at the Stadium before the Reading game. The Lawyer representing the Club was also present.
The Chairman explained that the Club wanted to put their own message across regarding various issues to our own fan base.
Obviously the Emiliano Sala transfer fee was the first thing discussed.
The Club have taken endless criticism in the the national English and indeed our own media. Supporters everywhere have had their say on this. The Club should just pay the money and close the issue being the most common thing said.
Such a tragedy was always going to cause such views on what should happen.
Mr Dalman accepted the Club have not explained their case very well publicly.
We were told that the Club wanted to talk to Nantes about coming to an arrangement about each giving an amount to a Trust Fund to help Emiliano's family, this was declined and The Chairman was told to just go back to London.
Contrary to what I read in our local media today, the Chairman said they have put the money aside and if they are told to pay it they will. So yet again our local media are not helping.
Perhaps they misheard it. (Then again I'm the one with the hearing aids).
The Chairman stated he is the Guardian of our football Club and he will do what is right for us.
FIFA ordered us to pay the first installment of the transfer fee, but the Club did not comply and sent the case to the Court of Arbitration.
We were told that the Club are in the process of sending documents regarding their case this weekend to the French authorities. It will be for them to decide if criminal offences have been committed. If they do decide that, then the case will be pushed to a later date.
It has already been proven by relevant Air Accident authorities that neither the airplane or pilot (David Ibbotson, whom I give due respect) had the necessary authority/license to operate on such a journey.
The Club also have issues with the following, mainly to do with football Agent Willie McKay. He said he arranged the flight legally. The Club dispute this. He was also representing Nantes football Club.
The pilot was Colour Blind & not allowed to fly at night. Cardiff argue that Emiliano had not signed the correct registration documents to play in the Premier League. The Club Lawyer agreed with the Chairman that we have a good Legal case.
I asked the question as to whether the Club offered to arrange the travel for Emiliano and was told that they offered a flight on British Airways, but it was declined.
Fifa only wanted to deal with the football issue, but in Mr Dalman's opinion they could have locked Cardiff & Nantes in a room to sort things out.
Another major development was announced.
The Club has set up a Trust Fund for Emiliano Salah and invested a lot of money. The amount was not disclosed. The setting up of the Trust was explained in some detail by the Club Lawyer.
Mr Dalman, Ken Choo & Vincent Tan have been dealing with this with the help of Emiliano's family. You can imagine how difficult it must have been because of the families ongoing grief for the loss of their Son. Language & Legal hurdles to cross.
Cardiff City will invite the football world, including Nantes to make a contribution.
The Club feel the right timing of the Trust Fund announcement is now, as it has been a year since the tragedy.
As I stated earlier we were as supporters, gathered together to be able to ask our questions and in my opinion they were all dealt with and with the chance to put out these answers to our supporters, as I believe it is their right to hear what the Club has to say.
There were other issues discussed, which I will post probably tomorrow.
It's a lot to report and hopefully I have done so correctly. I have tried to report what I remember.
I wish you all well and thank you for reading my post. I'm definitely in danger of falling off the page now.
Keeping the faith as always.
Once a Bluebird always a Bluebird. Andy

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:05 am

There in lies our transfer policy until this is sorted.
Hardly likely to help if we spent a few million saying we could go bankrupt is it .
Austerity for 3 years I reckon.