Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Josh Murphy ‘News’

Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:02 pm

Not saying this is fact but told today Josh Murphy was similarly vocal about wanting to move from Cardiff following relegation as Bobby Reid was but Cardiff were only willing to let one leave. Josh too was growing unhappy with the style of play and believed he could get out. Would probably explain a lot about his performances

Re: Josh Murphy ‘News’

Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:10 pm

He's a professional player with a good contract and a new manager. A new manager who does look like he wants to play a little more.

He needs to knuckle down. Work hard and perform well.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:11 pm

Not much of a professional if not moving stops him playing to his ability? In fact you'd think he would up his game so he catches eye of potential clubs in January/summer if leaves..

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:35 pm

I believe Josh is a very talented but not very versatile. He is a 433 wide forward and can't do anything else

On paper Warnock played that, but I doubt he was required to do as much defensively for Norwich as sir Neil expected. Whilst in the bright lights of the premier league he tolerated it, but a 46 game slog through the dimmer lights of the championship lost its shine. In essence we often played 4 5 and a distant 1, Josh isn't tough enough for that.

He wasn't part of the promotion squad, he was bought in, i bet he and his agent thought if he had a half decent season they would get offers and we'd sell him on.

I was surprised that no team came in for him, but there doesn't seem to be that much money sloshing around the championship.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:40 pm

He earns a very good wage from our club.
He owes us quite a few good performances.
Don’t know who these footballers think they are.
Hope whenever he next pays he gives 100%

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:47 pm

Bonner wrote:He earns a very good wage from our club.
He owes us quite a few good performances.
Don’t know who these footballers think they are.
Hope whenever he next pays he gives 100%

your frame of mind has zero to do with how much your being paid.
something is wrong. people are just guessing what it is. but ive watched the disappointment / frustration in his face having miss controlled a ball that would normally be bread and butter for him . he isn't consciously not trying

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:15 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Not saying this is fact but told today Josh Murphy was similarly vocal about wanting to move from Cardiff following relegation as Bobby Reid was but Cardiff were only willing to let one leave. Josh too was growing unhappy with the style of play and believed he could get out. Would probably explain a lot about his performances

I heard something similar regards him wanting out,looks like he believes he is too good for the championship!! Explains his sulky,moody attitude on the pitch thus far this season :roll: the boy needs to roll his sleeves up then,if he's looking for a move,not act disinterested, show some f@cking desire,sounds like spoilt brat syndrome to me,if he went now,it would cost us a huge financial hit,at least Reid had obviously sounded out a move to fulham,whereas I can't see a prem team taking him,and if they do it will be lower league,and for a couple of Mil, unless he grows a pair,plays to his abilities he is not going to attract a high bid from anywhere,and it's up to city on what kind of hit they are willing to take? Perhaps he was one of the one's Harris was talking about,with the wrong attitude at the club?? Shame really, as we won't be seeing his talents earn him the move he craves,I'd drop him to the u 23's for a spell,see if that wakes him up!! :old: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Sell him at the earliest opportunity.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:20 am

Thewifestheboss wrote:Sell him at the earliest opportunity.

Who's likely to want him? If scouts have been looking,he has shown them nothing to suggest he's worth a punt,if we sell him in the summer,I'd be very surprised if we managed to get back half of what we paid for him :oops: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:12 pm

That would be better than wasting money on his wages. He gives us nothing.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:24 pm

Have to say hes had a good first half tonight :thumbup: perhaps he reads the forum :lol: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:39 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Have to say hes had a good first half tonight :thumbup: perhaps he reads the forum :lol: :old: :bluebird:

He did :thumbright:

The 'news' on Josh Murphy is nothing new, as we were reporting that the Three Amigos (Murphy, Reid and Cunningham) were causing problems amongst the squad pre-season. It's why Reid was allowed to go, Cunningham was loaned out and Murphy read the Riot Act by the club

I have to say that Murphy did well tonight against a robust Reading who were pretty in places but ugly in others

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:39 am

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:Have to say hes had a good first half tonight :thumbup: perhaps he reads the forum :lol: :old: :bluebird:

He did :thumbright:

The 'news' on Josh Murphy is nothing new, as we were reporting that the Three Amigos (Murphy, Reid and Cunningham) were causing problems amongst the squad pre-season. It's why Reid was allowed to go, Cunningham was loaned out and Murphy read the Riot Act by the club

I have to say that Murphy did well tonight against a robust Reading who were pretty in places but ugly in others

I was gutted I posted after ;) have to say though,I missed the three amigos were causing trouble in camp,really puts a new light on it for me,and NW makes more sense,be a shame we won't get our money back on Murphy or Cunningham :roll: :old: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:43 pm

He's a winger who needs confidence, sadly he was bought for big money then dropped at every opportunity last season, sometimes deserved sometimes not but I doubt that did much for his confidence, again this season in and out.

Im not saying he deserves a place but if you want to see the best from him he needs a run of games and confidence.