Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:this idea the squad needs "serious investment" always confuses me, because i always assume people mean "spending money" to improve it. at the moment i would say we have one of the highest paid teams in the league. we could and should be getting rid of deadwood like Jazz back last summer and not extending his contract. plenty of teams are built on free transfers and loans, DJ used to do it for us for years, there is always quality out there, its all about finding the talent and paying the right money

Dave Jones brought all the big names in on high wages, but after 6yrs No promotions, so the debt for higher as we had no returns, plus as I say what really mattered to our fans was promotion and he failed.

Mcnaughton, Rae, Purse, Rog, Loovens, Chopra (first time), Burke, Whitts, (brought Rambo through)
thats just a few

he did that, while year after year, he had to sell our best player, he had the most exciting football i can remember.

NW came in, threw big wages and big transfer fees around and we're are a shambles at the moment. if DJ won that play off final, he would of gone down as our best manager amongst a load of fans.

threw big money....that's a joke surely ?
we signed 2 players that had been without a club for months ,loaned a keeper and signed Greg Halford in his 1st season and dragged us up to 12th and 62 points...
I agree with all of what you said about DJ ,he arrived here having not long lost kav, Collins, gabbidon, mcanuff, langly vidmar and more

i don't mean in his first season with regards to transfers, although £6m for Madine is still an absolute joke. although his first season, he spent a few Mil on Tomlin, (although now he is coming good) but he must of spent a fair few bob on wages.

in regards to threw money i mean, the last two years, look at the money he spent and what we got in return, (all the transfer fee's are rumoured and reported, but might not be accurate)

£6m - Flint
£4m - Smithies (when a decent back up would of been fine, he bought a number 1)
£4m - Cunningham
£4m - Pack
£10m - Reid
£10m - Murphy
£6m - Glatzel
£4m - Baccuna
£2m - Vaulks
£3m - Vassel
£1m - Bogle.

now annis argument was, DJ brought big names in on big wages and had no returns. i look at that and ask, what about NW, surely thats alot worse than DJ, i know he won us promotion. but my arguement is, you dont to spend money to find quality, you can do it on the cheap. and i used DJ as proof that it could be done, and has been done at the club

Bobby Reid sold for £11mill do you can wipe him out.
Plus we still have many of these players.

Neil Warnock earned promotion in 2nd season and earned £160mill min end off :thumbright:

6 yrs DJ won nothing.

so i am a bit confused annis, is your arguement then, you have to spend big money, to achieve promotion ?

Edited : he earned £160m Min, but then the CEO has come out and said we cannot afford to keep spending ? so where has the money NW earned gone

Not at all.

It’s about the right managers.

DJ’ spent big on signing on fees and massive wages and we won nothing in 6 yrs.

Malky and Warnock were allowed to buy players, but were the n my opinion and their records show better than Tans other 7 managers as they won promotions/trophies.

The facts are there our club received £160 mill in Oct from Tv/Sky/Prem/ Parachute payment.
Our losses are due to how our club is run in general and that for me is bad management at the Top.

We keep hearing every 2 yrs we need to calm down and run our club properly well then after 10yrs surely we should be not having to say this yet again.

We havnt recieved 160 million yet tho ? 100 million over last season and its 60 million in parachute payments over two years 35m this year in two payments and 35m same next, our wage bill will be more than the parachute payments this year also I very much doubt that the transfer fees have been paid in straight cash yet and probably split over the next couple of years

Re: CEO Ken Choo:”We can’t continue to spend in the Champion

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:30 pm

dogfound wrote:
eddiep wrote:Tan gave up pushing us on after back to blue
Never the same since

I think Dalman and Choo
Still learning. Tan wants stability and a club that runs itself now. Ready to pull out.

Warnock praising Dalman
For giving him the cash to
Get deals through his son.

Now we're skint with a listless squad

........ Again

Perhaps they will learn this time.

Lee Tomlin has just signed a new deal...he is represented by the agency Neil Warnocks son works for too...
so bit unfair to be implying things and doubt you would enjoy someone going around saying stuff like that about you either...

So much bullshit on this thread.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:44 pm

:happy1:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:this idea the squad needs "serious investment" always confuses me, because i always assume people mean "spending money" to improve it. at the moment i would say we have one of the highest paid teams in the league. we could and should be getting rid of deadwood like Jazz back last summer and not extending his contract. plenty of teams are built on free transfers and loans, DJ used to do it for us for years, there is always quality out there, its all about finding the talent and paying the right money

Dave Jones brought all the big names in on high wages, but after 6yrs No promotions, so the debt for higher as we had no returns, plus as I say what really mattered to our fans was promotion and he failed.

Mcnaughton, Rae, Purse, Rog, Loovens, Chopra (first time), Burke, Whitts, (brought Rambo through)
thats just a few

he did that, while year after year, he had to sell our best player, he had the most exciting football i can remember.

NW came in, threw big wages and big transfer fees around and we're are a shambles at the moment. if DJ won that play off final, he would of gone down as our best manager amongst a load of fans.

we signed 2 players that had been without a club for months ,loaned a keeper and signed Greg Halford in his 1st season and dragged us up to 12th and 62 points...
I agree with all of what you said about DJ ,he arrived here having not long lost kav, Collins, gabbidon, mcanuff, langly vidmar and more

i don't mean in his first season with regards to transfers, although £6m for Madine is still an absolute joke. although his first season, he spent a few Mil on Tomlin, (although now he is coming good) but he must of spent a fair few bob on wages.

in regards to threw money i mean, the last two years, look at the money he spent and what we got in return, (all the transfer fee's are rumoured and reported, but might not be accurate)

£6m - Flint
£4m - Cunningham
£4m - Pack
£10m - Reid
£10m - Murphy
£6m - Glatzel
£4m - Baccuna
£2m - Vaulks
£3m - Vassel
£1m - Bogle.

now annis argument was, DJ brought big names in on big wages and had no returns. i look at that and ask, what about NW, surely thats alot worse than DJ, i know he won us promotion. but my arguement is, you dont to spend money to find quality, you can do it on the cheap. and i used DJ as proof that it could be done, and has been done at the club

Neil Warnock earned promotion in 2nd season and earned £160mill min end off :thumbright:

6 yrs DJ won nothing.

so i am a bit confused annis, is your arguement then, you have to spend big money, to achieve promotion ?

Edited : he earned £160m Min, but then the CEO has come out and said we cannot afford to keep spending ? so where has the money NW earned gone

Not at all.

Malky and Warnock were allowed to buy players, but were the n my opinion and their records show better than Tans other 7 managers as they won promotions/trophies.

The facts are there our club received £160 mill in Oct from Tv/Sky/Prem/ Parachute payment.
Our losses are due to how our club is run in general and that for me is bad management at the Top.

We keep hearing every 2 yrs we need to calm down and run our club properly well then after 10yrs surely we should be not having to say this yet again.

We havnt recieved 160 million yet tho ? 100 million over last season and its 60 million in parachute payments over two years 35m this year in two payments and 35m same next, our wage bill will be more than the parachute payments this year also I very much doubt that the transfer fees have been paid in straight cash yet and probably split over the next couple of years

I know for a fact we had just under £160mill last Oct.

Plus more money to come in parachute payments.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:45 pm

The funny story is this topic derailed from what it’s really about Ken Choo and Dalmans comments.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote::happy1:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

thats just a few

£6m - Flint
£4m - Cunningham
£4m - Pack
£10m - Reid
£10m - Murphy
£6m - Glatzel
£4m - Baccuna
£2m - Vaulks
£3m - Vassel
£1m - Bogle.

6 yrs DJ won nothing.

Not at all.

I know for a fact we had just under £160mill last Oct.

Plus more money to come in parachute payments.

Seen the accounts did you :lol:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The funny story is this topic derailed from what it’s really about Ken Choo and Dalmans comments.

Not really as you mention why havnt we got any money ,thread seems bang on

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:13 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The funny story is this topic derailed from what it’s really about Ken Choo and Dalmans comments.

Your right bang on, that Tans committee have blown all the money .

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

so have the managers then ?

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:32 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Round we go again

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:35 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I thought that’s what the committee was about in total control of finances / signings etc etc

In fact this was stated by our Chairman Dalman & CEO Ken Choo 4 yrs ago :thumbright:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:38 pm

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
eddiep wrote:Tan gave up pushing us on after back to blue
Never the same since

I think Dalman and Choo
Still learning. Tan wants stability and a club that runs itself now. Ready to pull out.

Warnock praising Dalman
For giving him the cash to
Get deals through his son.

Now we're skint with a listless squad

........ Again

Perhaps they will learn this time.

Lee Tomlin has just signed a new deal...he is represented by the agency Neil Warnocks son works for too...
so bit unfair to be implying things and doubt you would enjoy someone going around saying stuff like that about you either...

So much bullshit on this thread.

mate if someone has evidence fair enough...
but its a f*cking jackanory fest on here at the moment.
ive even seen one bloke actually include Tomlins new contract in these anti Warnock implications

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I thought that’s what the committee was about in total control of finances / signings etc etc

In fact this was stated by our Chairman Dalman & CEO Ken Choo 4 yrs ago :thumbright:

Does the committee include the managers yes or no ? If so everyone is to blame

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:41 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Does the committee include the managers yes or no ? If so everyone is to blame

mate, take a good long hard look down the road at the fees and wages they paid . and yes they are struggling but they gave it a go..in their last season up alone they signed messa. ayew, bony and Clucas plus others all for fees that would be club record fees here.. all on enormous money.. they are still there are not bankrupt and even above us.ffs..
we have fans that moan about ,make lists, and call waste 2mill signings ffs.... who slaughter managers that spent less in 4 years than they did in one.. it bugs me we look a small time version of them...it bugs me even more that we have fans that wish we were even smaller..

Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:19 pm

So is the Money being spent outside the team?

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:41 pm

john52 wrote:So is the Money being spent outside the team?

Good Question :?:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:02 pm

People say where s the money, cardiff city borrow in a form of a loan 28 million in june 2018 also paid 35 million in transfer fees before we even kicked a ball in the premiership that's without wages and costs of that season last page of the 2018 accounts ,people need to get real how football finances work

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:05 pm

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00109065

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:07 pm

Part of the money

In the accounts langstone were paid

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:17 pm

wez1927 wrote:Part of the money

Why has my post been edited

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:

I have deleted my comments, I will just say this, part of the money was paid, plenty still not paid.
I will just say this my view Tan will come unstuck again and cost our club dearly once again in interest/lawyers etc etc Plus penalties.
I will leave it there :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:22 pm

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... n-10819251 are you saying this didn't happen ?

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I have deleted my comments, I will just say this, part of the money was paid, plenty still not paid.
I will just say this my view Tan will come unstuck again and cost our club dearly once again in interest/lawyers etc etc Plus penalties.
I will leave it there :thumbright: :thumbright:

Are you saying that the 5 million and the 2 million wasnt paid?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... n-10819251

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:23 pm

I dont know if you know Wez, City are playing its 2-2

I told you part of the money was paid, No where near all of it.

Thats it for me on this subject.

Just wait for the outcome once again :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I dont know if you know Wez, City are playing its 2-2

I told you part of the money was paid, No where near all of it.

Thats it for me on this subject.

Just wait for the outcome once again :thumbright: :thumbright:

Settlement in 2016 was 5 million within 30 days and 2 million if we got promoted, that's all what was left to pay and the 5 million was in the accounts, havnt released the 2018/19 accounts yet

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:20 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35444992

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:32 pm

So we won’t be spending millions on slow useless crap.

Best news I’ve heard all week.

The Transfer Committee are f*cking useless and cost this club millions of pounds. It doesn’t work not one of them have a clue what there doing.

Nothing will change because Tan won’t trust anybody to do the job properly.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:51 pm

So in theory, we would have a lot more money if we didn't have to pay a certain someone's loan to himself back in the first place

Expensive stuff these long walks and ice creams.

Malaysian flags must have cost a bit too.