Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Match day tickets

Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:30 pm

Why do we put the prices up on match day tickets. I was going to go down with my son and a couple of his friends as surprise but when I just went to buy them on line there £15 for me instead of £10 and £10 for kids instead of £5 . Surely we would get a bigger walk in crowd on the night if they stayed the same price .

Re: Match day tickets

Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:40 pm

I mentioned the walk up prices last week to add half original price on the day is scandalous should have stayed at 5-10£ no question ..

Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:40 pm

todder76 wrote:Why do we put the prices up on match day tickets. I was going to go down with my son and a couple of his friends as surprise but when I just went to buy them on line there £15 for me instead of £10 and £10 for kids instead of £5 . Surely we would get a bigger walk in crowd on the night if they stayed the same price .
if theres more than 5 k tonight I will be shocked

Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:45 pm

I agree I think it’s disgusting and they would want to get a crowd down there tonight but doubling ticket prices on the day is scandalous especially when we go to every home game you would expect the club to give a little back ie cheaper fa cup tickets

Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:46 pm

As the lad above has said a few of us raised this last week mate, absolutely daft to do it, and by that amount aswell.

Not sure if he still does but I think one of the trust leaders used to post on here, maybe its something he could raid with the club

Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:05 pm

I guess if they do it this way the majority of people who want to go buy in advance rather than wait and see.

Then they dont lose sales because people are put off by rain or it comes to the night and they had a hard day in work and cant be bothered etc.

I would think it also allows the club to staff appropriately and not waste money on staff that aren't needed.