Heathrow Airport Terminal 2

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Cardiffboy95 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, it's not football related but not really too sure who else to answer this query. I have tried searching online, but not getting any luck.
Does anybody have experience of Heathrow Terminal 2? I'll tell you what it is. My brother is picking up a member of our family from Terminal 2 tomorrow morning. Their flight arrives at 6:40am and he wants to know how long it will take for her to clear customs / passport control so he doesn't arrive too early!

Any ideas? Once again, apologies it isn't to do with the game tonight!
Cardiffboy95

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Heathrow Airport Terminal 2

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:27 pm

Cardiffboy95 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Sorry, it's not football related but not really too sure who else to answer this query. I have tried searching online, but not getting any luck.
Does anybody have experience of Heathrow Terminal 2? I'll tell you what it is. My brother is picking up a member of our family from Terminal 2 tomorrow morning. Their flight arrives at 6:40am and he wants to know how long it will take for her to clear customs / passport control so he doesn't arrive too early!

Around an hour could be less just depends on what flights come in at same time and how long takes to unload baggage I would say give them at least the hour after plane due to land they'll just have to wait if earlier :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:34 pm

it varies flight to flight not airport to airport is my experience.. ive been stuck outside Cardiff waiting for my boy hour and 20 with no other flights.
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:37 pm

dogfound wrote:

it varies flight to flight not airport to airport is my experience.. ive been stuck outside Cardiff waiting for my boy hour and 20 with no other flights.

Yes I went through passport control baggage claim at Gatwick in December in 30mins? :o
pembroke allan

Postby snoopystorm » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:10 pm

Minimum time is normally an hour, best thing to do is wait somewhere away from the terminal (normally find where the minibuses are is the best place to park)then tell them to phone him, saves a parking fine/OTT parking charges
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:15 pm

I'm sat in a bar in terminal 2 Heathrow as I type!

Best advice from Snoopy above.

London airports, especially, vary tremendously with times due mainly to waiting for baggage and queues for arrivals.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bluedwr » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:02 pm

There's a decent enough cafe here..

https://theriversideonline.com/

Would recommend parking up, have a cuppa and wait for them to call you after picking up their bags. Drive from the cafe to T2 in approx 5-10 mins. They charge £5 or so just to enter the pick up zone though, robbing bastards!
Bluedwr

Return to General Chat