Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: NEIL HARRIS REALLY WANTED TO WIN THIS CUP MATCH / A

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:26 pm

My View / Opinion:

NEIL HARRIS REALLY WANTED TO WIN THIS CUP MATCH / AS HE SAID THE FA CUP MEANT A LOT TO HIM & SO TONIGHT HARRIS FIELDED A VERY STRONG CITY TEAM.

It was 2-2 FULL-TIME! Cardiff City 2-2 Reading then there was extra time!

CARDIFF LET A 2 GOAL LEAD SLIP AWAY THROUGH SLOPPY DEFENDING

ONCE AFAIN CARDIFF CANT PLAY FOR 90 MINS UNDER NEIL HARRIS :cry:

CARDIFF GO OUT ON PENALTIES :cry: :cry:

Harris will now have to do well in the championship to win over the many doubters.

THE PRESSURE NOW MOUNTS ON HARRIS.

Fair play one of the best first -halfs under Neil Harris , Cardiff were comfortable and never looked under pressure :thumbright: :bluebird:

Second-half: Cardiff conceded 2 goals, but could of been 5 if it was not for Neil Etheridge.

FA CUP 4TH RD REPLAY

FULL TIME (AET) Cardiff City 3-3 Reading
PENALTIES! Reading win 4-3 :cry: :cry:

Murphy x2
Glatzel
Crowd 4,832
Away Support 380

Cardiff City: Etheridge; Richards, Flint, Bamba, Bagan; Whyte, Vaulks, Pack; Ward, Glatzel

Subs: Smithies, Bennett, Sang, Morrison, Bowen, Mayembe, Paterson

Joel Bagan was given his debut and did not disappoint :thumbright: he had a very good game.

Cardiff were by far the better team for the first 20 mins and were rewarded in the 18th min with a goal from Josh Murphy after the Reading goalkeeper made a mistake and dropped it to Murphy 1-0 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff pressed a lot and their tactics worked well :bluebird:

Cardiff controlled most of the first-half and played well and deserved their 1-0 h/t :thumbright:

H/T 1-0 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Reading made a double change at the break: Aluko & McCleary replace Puscas & Adam.

Glatzel: 54th min a class finish, but it was all about the ball from Will Vaulks.

The midfielder bended one over the top with the outside of his boot and right into Glatzel’s path. The German took one touch and slotted superbly past Sam Walker. Excellent goal. 2-0 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

it was then end to end.

70th min reading scored 2-1 a header from O Richards :cry:
I felt Jazz Richards, could of marked better then.

77th min Callum Paterson came on for Danny Ward.

79th min a goal mouth scramble in the Cardiff box 2-2 :cry: :cry:

82nd min Joe Bennett replaced Joel Bagan.

86th min Readings Omar Richards let fly from close range and Etheridge made a spectacular diving save. :ayatollah:

88th min Stunning save yet again! Tyler Blackett was through on goal, but Etheridge made himself large and denied him! :ayatollah:

FULL-TIME! Cardiff City 2-2 Reading

Extra time!

Tom Sang came on for Gavin Whyte.

Bang Murphy scores his second goal 3-2 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

HALF-TIME (IN EXTRA-TIME) Cardiff City 3-2 Reading :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff City 3-3 Reading (Meite) :cry: :cry:

A cross was whipped in from the left and Cardiff just don’t deal with it and Meite was unmarked and turns it home! 3-3 :cry: :cry:

FINISHED 3-3

PENALTIES

Sone Aluko scores! Reading win!

Marlon Pack squeezes it home.
PENS

Jordan Obita hits down the middle and scores.

PENS

Will Vaulks steps up and hammers the bar.

PENS

Gabriel Osho steps up, slots it.

PENS
Aden Flint up for Cardiff. Saved!

PENS
McCleary scores! Down the middle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: NEIL HARRIS REALLY WANTED TO WIN THIS CUP MATCH

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:27 pm

Poor game management, this summer is going to be massive, if we keep harris and dont spend then we are 100% going to be in a relegation battle

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:28 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:31 pm

We were the home team and led three times but still chucked it away. Simply not good enough and to start with Flint taking the first penalty was a pathetic decision. Flint was responsible for the third goal. Needlessly out of the cup and Harris has a lot to answer for. What a let down this season is.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:33 pm

We’re reaping what Warnock sowed.

He wanted to win that bad, he put out biggest cart horse down for the first pen.

I'm sorry Harris you're f*cking deluded mate.

danielrees17 wrote:Poor game management, this summer is going to be massive, if we keep harris and dont spend then we are 100% going to be in a relegation battle

I'm very very worried if Harris is here next season.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:37 pm

Been saying it for weeks... no improvements in play style... no gameplan... not put any stamp on the side... next season I worry big time

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:37 pm

At 2-0 how we did not put that game to bed scandalous really the young lad in defence who's name I've forgot played well but second he pulled up took far too long to get him off reading took complete advantage of it I blame harris for that scored twice sorry it's not good enough .. we still havent managed a full game performance yet again under harris ahhh sooo annoyed ... well it's going be a long rest of season the summer said it on previous post think we need 6-8 in massive overhaul really will the money be there for it who knows

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:39 pm

nubbsy wrote:He wanted to win that bad, he put out biggest cart horse down for the first pen.

Did anyone want to take the penalty? Wouldn't be 1st time players reluctant to take a pen and not a recognised player takes one? But if thats case why not put glatzel Murphy ahead of him?
Dissatisfied with the game management by players? 5 mins left keep ball out of your area at all costs we failed miserably... :roll:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:39 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:We were the home team and led three times but still chucked it away. Simply not good enough and to start with Flint taking the first penalty was a pathetic decision. Flint was responsible for the third goal. Needlessly out of the cup and Harris has a lot to answer for. What a let down this season is.

Atrocious really

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:41 pm

Hes way way way out of his depth.

There have been some bad signings but the manager has literally come in and done nothing.

Hopefully the ship gets steadied and he gets moved on quickly. That’s all he’s here for he’s Russel Slade 2 keep us up not make a fuss won’t be allowed any money players will get shipped out if he wants them or not.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:42 pm

Don't really agree it was a very strong team for us. We played with our second choice goalie,though a good one. Two second choice central defenders and a youth team full back making his debut. Hardly surprising that we conceded three goals with that defence. Plus we brought on another youth team player making his debut. With all due respect to Harris that is not the team of a man who wants to go further in the cup and we lost to a scratch Reading side at home.

Have to say the way things are going,crap transfer window,endless draws I think next season will be the first for ages when we will be worried about relegation rather than the playoffs.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:42 pm

Crowd 4,832

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:Poor game management, this summer is going to be massive, if we keep harris and dont spend then we are 100% going to be in a relegation battle

I'm very very worried if Harris is here next season.

If theres next to no investment I think we will struggle big style

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:45 pm

Canton104 wrote:We’re reaping what Warnock sowed.

Agreed

City tv commentators were singing the praises of way city played 1st half and ended up saying musnt look just at result but way played overall.. :o

Crowd 4,832

Only 638 more than the lowest crowd against Colchester in 2015

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:49 pm

stentona wrote:

Agreed

Warnocks not picking the team setting out the tactics and making the subs.

He signed a few slow useless twats but when there out of the team we are STILL the same.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:50 pm

I don't care what anyone says anymore, ive totally had it with the club, ive been a season ticket holder for over 10 years now, spent hundreds and hundreds buying Cardiff branded stuff, programmes etc but this is my last season, I stopped going after the Swansea game and I couldn't give a toss what this club does anymore, its a joke of a club and im sick of the club taking our loyal fans for granted.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:50 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
stentona wrote:

Agreed

He signed a few slow useless twats but when there out of the team we are STILL the same.

Correct.

This is Neil Harris awful management.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
stentona wrote:

Agreed

Correct.

This is Neil Harris awful management.
it is that old chestnut yes players warnock signed now harris has been here longer than warnock managed..its harris picking the team picking the tactics buck stops with him now

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:01 pm

I can’t see where we are going under Harris.
Has the board decided that they are happy to be a mid to lower championship side?
Transfer window showed no ambition as did the appointment of Harris.
I have given him the benefit of the doubt when he was appointed but City are too big a step up.....and yes I know we haven’t lost many games but how many have we won and how many convincing 90 minute performances has he delivered????

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:06 pm

Think alot are making a mountain out of a mole hole
3 games against reading in 2 weeks and both pretty even sides. Penalties arnt somthing we see in the championship much it goes to show we are shit at them.
When players cant string a decent pass together is that the managers fault? I dont see it that way surely every player at the club has passed the ball for years.

Defence was the problem 3 - 3 with our second defence and 3 goals from 2 players that were struggling.

It's the fa cup let's see why he signed these 3 players and judge on who and why he brought them in

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:06 pm

Chriss 1988 just be thankful you never had to endure the 80s and 90s. Having said that with Harris at the helm those days could soon be back.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:10 pm

1st half was good and we played really well,second half how we stayed in the game I do not know.
Our defending especially by Flint was atrocious.
I have no confidence in Harris whatsoever.
If we go into next season with him in charge our crowds will plummet.
He just does not inspire any confidence in the team

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:19 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:He wanted to win that bad, he put out biggest cart horse down for the first pen.

Did anyone want to take the penalty? Wouldn't be 1st time players reluctant to take a pen and not a recognised player takes one? But if thats case why not put glatzel Murphy ahead of him?
Dissatisfied with the game management by players? 5 mins left keep ball out of your area at all costs we failed miserably... :roll:

Glatzel didn’t look comfortable for the last 4-5 mins mate and he missed 2 sitters so maybe that had something to do with it, just a guess

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:21 pm

stentona wrote:

Agreed

yes he started the corona virus too :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:25 pm

skiprat wrote:Chriss 1988 just be thankful you never had to endure the 80s and 90s. Having said that with Harris at the helm those days could soon be back.

I walked out first photo I seen was Eddie may god I miss them days

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:29 pm

Chippy82 wrote:
skiprat wrote:Chriss 1988 just be thankful you never had to endure the 80s and 90s. Having said that with Harris at the helm those days could soon be back.

I walked out first photo I seen was Eddie may god I miss them days not saying them days were bad I just miss them