Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Penalties

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:42 pm

Why is Flint taken the first pen. :banghead:

Re: Penalties

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:44 pm

peterboroughbluebird wrote:Why is Flint taken the first pen. :banghead:

Strange one I know but maybe nobody else wanted to and he stepped up.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:51 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Well he should of been sat back down.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Well he should of been sat back down.

I agree.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:24 pm

Four strikers on the pitch (I accept one is a youngster) yet not one of them wanted to get out there and take the penalties? I just don’t get it.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:27 pm

Shocking.
Packs penalty was pretty woeful too and the gk helped him by diving over the top of it. One of his few forward passes all night.
Anyone see or know who our other two penalty takers were to be? I'm assuming two from Bennett, Paterson, Murphy and Glatzel. But who if those didn't fancy it for Flint to take one?

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:30 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Shocking.
Packs penalty was pretty woeful too and the gk helped him by diving over the top of it. One of his few forward passes all night.
Anyone see or know who our other two penalty takers were to be? I'm assuming two from Bennett, Paterson, Murphy and Glatzel. But who if those didn't fancy it for Flint to take one?

They should of been told to grow some balls and made to take them instead of letting the worlds most clumsiest centre half take one.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:33 pm

Should of gave it to bamba

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:35 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Shocking.

They should of been told to grow some balls and made to take them instead of letting the worlds most clumsiest centre half take one.

I agree. I wonder how many fans would put Flint on penalty duties? Its truly baffling.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:36 pm

Why is 'peterboroughbluebird' starting a new thread about the thread (Match Day) that is already running? :?

Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:30 am

In fairness to Flint it's the first penalty he has ever missed in a professional game.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:59 am

The penalties were a disgrace. Even Pack’s should have been saved. Glatzel has scored for us form the spot in games so why not send him up first. Sending up a CB was just stupid and his pen was awful. Then Vaulks just seemed like he tried to hit the ball as hard as he could without aiming.

Surely Glatzel, Murphy and Patterson should have been keen to be the first 3 up to take one.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:06 am

thomasblue wrote:In fairness to Flint it's the first penalty he has ever missed in a professional game.

how many has he scored..

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:58 pm

dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:In fairness to Flint it's the first penalty he has ever missed in a professional game.

how many has he scored..

None
But at least he has a 100% record

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:33 pm

thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

how many has he scored..

None
But at least he has a 100% record

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
fair play I really did burst out laughing.. wasn't the answer I expected at all.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:59 am

I suspect its a 100% record that will remain indefinitely as he's not likely to take another one