' Under Neil Harris '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Under Neil Harris '

Postby stentona » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:43 pm

We have not been able to play two decent halves of football. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Is he capable of achieving consistently decent football?
Discuss...
stentona

' Under Neil Harris '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Under Neil Harris '

Postby montyblue » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:56 pm

We have are new signings now which are going to turn our season around.?
montyblue

Postby D.A.C. » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:09 pm

Harris is Vinny's little lap dog and a yes man. No manager with any ambition would come to us.

The Owner has lost interest, half of the players have lost interest and the fans are losing interest.

Time for Vinny to sell up for the club to move forward.
D.A.C.

Postby stentona » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:17 pm

D.A.C. wrote:Harris is Vinny's little lap dog and a yes man. No manager with any ambition would come to us.

The Owner has lost interest, half of the players have lost interest and the fans are losing interest.

Agreed. But it needs to be the right new owner with ambition :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
stentona

Postby aberdare-blue » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:27 pm

Get rid of the owner who is gonna make us debt free??? :roll:

Unless another billionaire fancies pumping a shit load in en I'll happily take em as our new owners, but dont think theres many about and hell of alot of crap owners around too, so I'll stick with Tan thanks.

Plus I wouldn't part with my money either judging by the shit the previous managers signings, alot of money wasted, blame previous managers if tan doesn't dip into his pockets
aberdare-blue

Postby dogfound » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:49 pm

D.A.C. wrote:Harris is Vinny's little lap dog and a yes man. No manager with any ambition would come to us.

yes we could do with a new enthusiastic rich owner ,could have done with one for about 5 years
but for now this one is not the worse owner in the world..
dogfound

Postby valleyrambill » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:18 am

Tan lost interest in his toy when the supporters showed him its not his toy and that running a football club is a lot more than just owning it .

Malky was doing a great job with City then we got to the cup final v Liverpool and he turns up we then got to the premiership he was here he thought he was the hero but he wasn't it was Malky who was our hero Tan hated it and got rid of Malky we then bring in a joke of a manager and we go down.

The supporters kept on about the stupid red that was Tans favourite colour its my club and I want it red sod the history but he was getting bad publicity so at the end he turned it Blue and lost interest.

The club was going down and thankfully he brought in Warnock then we got promoted or guess who turned up yes Tan we went down he loses interest again.

Now we are back to Slade time bring in a manager on the cheap and just stay in the championship (hopefully) he still has not learned spend a bit of money bring in a good manager and we will do well better crowds earn back some money.

I can see no improvement in the football and the supporters are losing the will to go, attendances will drop anf atmosphere will go down and we are back to where we were before Warnock . sad times I fear
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby D.A.C. » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:28 am

aberdare-blue wrote:Get rid of the owner who is gonna make us debt free??? :roll:

Unless another billionaire fancies pumping a shit load in en I'll happily take em as our new owners, but dont think theres many about and hell of alot of crap owners around too, so I'll stick with Tan thanks.

Plus I wouldn't part with my money either judging by the shit the previous managers signings, alot of money wasted, blame previous managers if tan doesn't dip into his pockets

Haha make us debt free. Some of our fans are deluded.
D.A.C.

Postby BAMBA CREW » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:52 am

Ah the old debt free carrot, to detract from the lack of investment and passion.

Been in the Premier League twice under Tan and we're worse off now than we were before he came.

On the pitch we're horrendous
BAMBA CREW

Postby thomasblue » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:09 am

BAMBA CREW wrote:Ah the old debt free carrot, to detract from the lack of investment and passion.

Been in the Premier League twice under Tan and we're worse off now than we were before he came.

Absolute rubbish

He is the est owner this club has ever had that is a undeniable fact.

When was the last time we were threatened with a winding up order?

When was the last time player were not played ?

When was the last time staff were not paid at the ground ?

All before Tan took over when Ridsdale and Hamman drove us to bankruptcy. Its ok though because they loved the club. Tan has worked miracles at our club and should be praised
thomasblue

Postby BAMBA CREW » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:20 am

thomasblue wrote:
BAMBA CREW wrote:Ah the old debt free carrot, to detract from the lack of investment and passion.

Absolute rubbish

All before Tan took over when Ridsdale and Hamman drove us to bankruptcy. Its ok though because they loved the club. Tan has worked miracles at our club and should be praised

Please provide me with the facts and figures to back this up and not just Tan saying, "we'll be debt free'.

He's got a real reputation for telling the truth and having the club's best interests at heart hasn't he? Don't trust the worm as far as I could throw him.
BAMBA CREW

Postby skiprat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:24 am

Are you serious Thomas blue?. He shut Cardiff city AFC "the bluebirds" down for 2 and half years and you call him the best owner ever PMSL.
Even in the dark days of the 80s at least the club was still there .cardiff red was absolutely embarrassing.
skiprat

Postby caerblue » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:33 am

I gave him a chance,just because of the fact the squad weren’t his,we in his first transfer window he brought in a journey man and a player from another clubs under 23s,the football in all fairness is slightly better,but the excuses are becoming repetitive,he will soon lose the crowds patients
caerblue

Postby thomasblue » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:41 am

skiprat wrote:Are you serious Thomas blue?. He shut Cardiff city AFC "the bluebirds" down for 2 and half years and you call him the best owner ever PMSL.
Even in the dark days of the 80s at least the club was still there .cardiff red was absolutely embarrassing.

He did not shut the club down at all. He tried to rebrand a club to make it more profitable financially. At the time he did not realise the importance to fans of colours and identity. He changed it back out of respect to the supporters and that has been his only mistake. He was poorly advised that is all. He has worked miracles for this club and without him I doubt we would have a club to talk about at all as we would have gone bust. That is another fact. He deserves a lot more thanks and respect than he gets.

Even sam wanted to change the branding to Cardiff Celts with a green kit so he was no different.

Football is a business to these men
thomasblue

Postby thomasblue » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:45 am

BAMBA CREW wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Absolute rubbish

Please provide me with the facts and figures to back this up and not just Tan saying, "we'll be debt free'.

He's got a real reputation for telling the truth and having the club's best interests at heart hasn't he? Don't trust the worm as far as I could throw him.

Ummm let's see

2 promotions
Big name managers
Multiple record breaking signings
Cup finals
No winding up orders
Tax man not chasing us
Constant investment in the squad
Debts falling and being converted

Dont really need to go into depth as it's a clearly visible fact.
thomasblue

Postby d20 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:00 am

He is useless !!!

poor tactics,game management and same old crap excuses after every single game

As a team we struggle to get back to back wins which we need in the league ,tonight a cup game we lead twice and his lack of game management is a joke ,i dont care if we have to defend for long periods of time but as soon as we went 3-2 up he should've shut up shop ,get them defending as a team and work to grind out a win which we need to start doing in our league games ,the guy is appalling .
d20

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:44 am

Still think we are too quick to judge. Yes, the football has not improved since earlier this season; but until Harris has a full summer 'transfer window' we are judging him on someone else's squad. With the financial restrictions and lack of quality players available, Harris wasn't able to use the January transfer window to any effect. As long as we have no chance of relegation, let's see what changes he makes for next season. I remember some Manchester United fans getting restless in the early days under Alex Ferguson.
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby nubbsy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:34 am

BAMBA CREW wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Absolute rubbish

Someone show this numpty the accounts and how much of our Debt Tan has converted.
nubbsy

Postby D.A.C. » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:34 am

thomasblue wrote:
BAMBA CREW wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Absolute rubbish

Ummm let's see

2 promotions
Big name managers
Cup finals
No winding up orders
Tax man not chasing us

Deluded. Visible fact? Since Tan changed us back to blue I doubt very much he has put a single penny of his own money in. Like you said the club has had 2 promotions and 2 lots of parachute payments he's only spending what the club has earned not his own money.

He is everything that is wrong with the game today. He see's us as customers not fans. The only reason he changed us back to blue was he saw the crowds getting lower, the merchandise sales at an all time low and that means less money in his pocket. Aprantley his Mum made him have a change of heart, yea good one Vinny.

As I said Harris is a perfect manager for him, cheap and a yes man. A little lap dog that will do whatever Tan tells him. I wouldn't be surprised if he is telling Harris what team to pick.

Next season it's going to get worse, expect all our better players to be sold and replaced with free transfers and kids.
D.A.C.

Postby thomasblue » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:57 pm

D.A.C. wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
BAMBA CREW wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Absolute rubbish

Ummm let's see

2 promotions
Big name managers
Cup finals
No winding up orders
Tax man not chasing us

Deluded. Visible fact? Since Tan changed us back to blue I doubt very much he has put a single penny of his own money in. Like you said the club has had 2 promotions and 2 lots of parachute payments he's only spending what the club has earned not his own money.

He is everything that is wrong with the game today. He see's us as customers not fans. The only reason he changed us back to blue was he saw the crowds getting lower, the merchandise sales at an all time low and that means less money in his pocket. Aprantley his Mum made him have a change of heart, yea good one Vinny.

As I said Harris is a perfect manager for him, cheap and a yes man. A little lap dog that will do whatever Tan tells him. I wouldn't be surprised if he is telling Harris what team to pick.

Next season it's going to get worse, expect all our better players to be sold and replaced with free transfers and kids.

If hes only spending what the club earn isn't that a good buisness model ? That means no more expensive loans or threats of bankruptcy.

He is a business man. Hes not a fan. And we dont have any with the money to keep this club going at the level Tan so generously does so. Tan is not here because he loves us hes here to make money and there is nothing wrong with that. Most clubs are the same.

I agree Harris is the perfect manager, he will take the blame as he is now, very much like russell slade. We will have a clear out , stabilise then go again with a clean slate
thomasblue

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:11 pm

stentona wrote:We have not been able to play two decent halves of football. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Discuss...

Was Warnock able to achieve two decent halves of football this season? One of the reasons Warnock left was because he knew the players he brought in weren't good enough to challenge for promotion this season, so what do you expect Harris (or any other manager) to do with the same players? You know, the players who lost 3-0 at Reading, who lost to Swansea and Bristol City etc?

Maybe you should rephrase your question to "is the squad Warnock assembled capable of achieving consistently decent football?"

I know everyone is frustrated at the moment, but it's also sad that a lot of people are choosing to blame Harris for every poor performance and defeat, when the reality is it's the players who should be taking just as much of the blame.

Neil Harris wouldn't have been my first choice for manager, but he's here with a difficult task of turning around this squad who failed Warnock this season with no financial backing to improve the squad to his liking at the moment.

You can all continue to slate Neil Harris for everything if you wish, but I will continue to stick up for him until he has the summer transfer window to reshape our failing squad. I will then wait to see how we start off next season before I feel I can fairly judge him.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:57 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
stentona wrote:We have not been able to play two decent halves of football. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Discuss...

Was Warnock able to achieve two decent halves of football this season? One of the reasons Warnock left was because he knew the players he brought in weren't good enough to challenge for promotion this season, so what do you expect Harris (or any other manager) to do with the same players? You know, the players who lost 3-0 at Reading, who lost to Swansea and Bristol City etc?

Maybe you should rephrase your question to "is the squad Warnock assembled capable of achieving consistently decent football?"

I know everyone is frustrated at the moment, but it's also sad that a lot of people are choosing to blame Harris for every poor performance and defeat, when the reality is it's the players who should be taking just as much of the blame.

Neil Harris wouldn't have been my first choice for manager, but he's here with a difficult task of turning around this squad who failed Warnock this season with no financial backing to improve the squad to his liking at the moment.

You can all continue to slate Neil Harris for everything if you wish, but I will continue to stick up for him until he has the summer transfer window to reshape our failing squad. I will then wait to see how we start off next season before I feel I can fairly judge him.

I agree.

Harris' appointment was pretty underwhelming but the main damage to the squad was done in the summer.

1. Warnock knew that Manga leaving would leave us short of pace at the back yet he replaced him with Flint :roll: :banghead: :laughing5:

2. Despite it being clear to every man and his dog that we needed pace at centre back, Warnock refused to pick Nelson alongside Morrison/Flint until forced by injury.

3. Warnock set out his stall by making Vaulkes his first signing as soon as last season finished and then didn't play him.

4. Warnock consistently either did not pick Tomlin to start or, more frequently, took him off after 60 mins. How many times has Tomlin scored/assisted after 60 mins since Harris took over ? Did Tomlin suddenly become fit as soon as Harris walked in through the door ?

5. Warnock spent £5m on Glatzel when it was clear he was never going to fit into the Warnock "big target man" style. Glatzel might still come good under Harris but it won't be in the role Warnock bought him for.

Now most of the above is just stuff that new managers inherit all the time and they have to unpick over a period of time. But I do think it's a little unfair the way many fans are pinning all the blame on Harris.

In my opinion he is trying to play in a different way but just hasn't got the players to do it. There are some who have benefited (e.g. Bennett has made overlaps in his last 10 games than in all Warnock's time !!) but others will have to be moved on if Harris is to make the changes he seems to be trying to do.

As long as things keep ticking over until the summer I'll give Harris some time, but once the summer window shuts so does the door to many excuses that Harris can currently rely on :thumbright:
piledriver64

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:19 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Absolute rubbish

Provide you? Who the fuk are u?
Your the one that should be providing the evidence to back up your BS.
Sneggyblubird

Postby BAMBA CREW » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:22 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
BAMBA CREW wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Absolute rubbish

Provide you? Who the fuk are u?
Your the one that should be providing the evidence to back up your BS.

Have a chamomile tea lad
BAMBA CREW

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:22 pm

thomasblue wrote:

Absolute rubbish

While I agree the club was in deep shit financially when he arrived and that we probably wouldn't have achieved what we have recently if he hadn't of come in, but a lot of the debt created since he has been here is because the club has been run poorly, which essentially is down to him. We have been promoted twice since he has been here yet the squad is probably worse than what it was before warnock came in and now we are told their is no more/little investment coming in. The debt still isnt fully cleared either? He deserves credit for stabilising the club and giving us a platform to build from but a lot of the mess is his own doing.
Escott1927

Postby moonboots » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:49 pm

I'm not losing interest in Cardiff City and NEVER WILL. You pick a team, preferably a local one, and support them for life, whether they are brilliant or shit. :thumbright:
PS Cheer up mun :thumbright:
moonboots

Postby stentona » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:51 pm

Looks like we've ended up with two discussions in one thread here. Nevermind, as they're both interesting topics and relevant to our current situation as a club.
My original question re. Harris has generated some good points:
1. He has inherited essentially a 'Warnock squad' and (IMO) deserves to be given an opportunity to rebuild over the summer.
2. Most would agree that the football has not particularly improved although results have.
3. Despite the above many think that he is not the right appointment (Tan's man?) and don't have a lot of confidence in him to move us forward as a club.

In addition to the views on Neil Harris there are still a wide range of opinions on Tan and his commitment to the club. This is a good topic for debate and I think the wide range of views reflect our frustrations, past experience, hopes and dreams as a passionate fanbase.

Whatever our views I know we will all agree that we want a bright, successful future for the whole of our club (not just the First Team Squad).

Bluebirds!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
stentona

Postby wez1927 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:29 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Discuss...

Totally agree ,I hope people give harris time
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby dogfound » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:17 am

stentona wrote:Looks like we've ended up with two discussions in one thread here. Nevermind, as they're both interesting topics and relevant to our current situation as a club.
My original question re. Harris has generated some good points:
1. He has inherited essentially a 'Warnock squad' and (IMO) deserves to be given an opportunity to rebuild over the summer.
2. Most would agree that the football has not particularly improved although results have.
3. Despite the above many think that he is not the right appointment (Tan's man?) and don't have a lot of confidence in him to move us forward as a club.

In addition to the views on Neil Harris there are still a wide range of opinions on Tan and his commitment to the club. This is a good topic for debate and I think the wide range of views reflect our frustrations, past experience, hopes and dreams as a passionate fanbase.

Whatever our views I know we will all agree that we want a bright, successful future for the whole of our club (not just the First Team Squad).

Bluebirds!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

many think he is not the right appointment..
im not sure its Harris , i think a lot of fans thought NW would be replaced by someone more high profile
dogfound

Return to General Chat