Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Crowd 4,832 Only 638 more than the lowest crowd against

Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:24 am

RV Casual wrote:Poor crowd but the Club didn't help themselves, playing the same team for the 3rd time in what 10 days.

2500 travelled to Reading for game 1, 22,500 there for game 2 on Friday, something had to give and that was last night.

How many a Reading? Looks about, 3/400 tops. Should have kept the adult tickets at £10 and done kids for a quid.

Not sure that argument stacks up though to be fair RV

In the previous rounds you only managed 4,111 against Luton and 5,282 against Carlisle... so this 4,832 is in keeping with those. Not sure why people are trying to make excuses really.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:41 am

BlackMagic wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Poor crowd but the Club didn't help themselves, playing the same team for the 3rd time in what 10 days.

2500 travelled to Reading for game 1, 22,500 there for game 2 on Friday, something had to give and that was last night.

How many a Reading? Looks about, 3/400 tops. Should have kept the adult tickets at £10 and done kids for a quid.

In the previous rounds you only managed 4,111 against Luton and 5,282 against Carlisle... so this 4,832 is in keeping with those. Not sure why people are trying to make excuses really.

Biggest reason being a Tuesday night and kids have school Wednesday morning, others have work, unlike the Swansea scum where kids do as they please and the parents can just roll over and go back to sleep until their benefits clear :thumbup:

Jog on

Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:55 am

God I’m getting bored now about attendance’s,if fans want to go they will and if they don’t they won’t- simple :thumbup:

Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:00 am

snoopystorm wrote:
BlackMagic wrote:

Biggest reason being a Tuesday night and kids have school Wednesday morning, others have work, unlike the Swansea scum where kids do as they please and the parents can just roll over and go back to sleep until their benefits clear :thumbup:

Jog on

Just ignore it mate.

It wasn't even an argument, it was an explanation and suggestion. I agreed it was a poor crowd in the very first line, it knows that but just wants to draw you in, it has and will always fail though as I won't ever directly respond or converse with it.

Gov will be along shortly hopefully.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:14 am

RV Casual wrote:Just ignore it mate.

It wasn't even an argument, it was an explanation and suggestion. I agreed it was a poor crowd in the very first line, it knows that but just wants to draw you in, it has and will always fail though as I won't ever directly respond or converse with it.

I wasn’t arguing, I was discussing your point with you.

If you think the fact you played them 3 times explains it, then how come it is pretty much in keeping with your other cup attendances? To anyone looking at it, there is no excuses needed - that is your early/mid round cup attendance currently.

I am assuming snoopys points are tongue in cheek?

Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:17 am

BlackMagic wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Just ignore it mate.

I wasn’t arguing, I was discussing your point with you.

If you think the fact you played them 3 times explains it, then how come it is pretty much in keeping with your other cup attendances? To anyone looking at it, there is no excuses needed - that is your early round cup attendance currently.

I am assuming snoopys points are tongue in cheek?

Think the fact that we played 3 times in 10 days also disagrees with the Reading fans, there wasn’t 1600 of them there last night, 600 maybe but def not 1600...

Maybe you should stop trolling and turn up to a decent stadium (other than a welsh match) and watch a game instead of constantly dragging us down on a forum.... get your own house in order before you dis ours... how’s your owners?? Taken much more money off you yet???

Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:47 am

I agree that it's no surprise people fail to turn up for these games. When man u dropped out of the FA cup the competition died. I accept that the premier league is now the top priority and that won't change.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:16 am

There was no way there was 1600 treading fans there last night I would estimate 250 to 300 tops!!

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:21 am

blueheaven wrote:There was no way there was 1600 treading fans there last night I would estimate 250 to 300 tops!!

there is no way this pillock actually believes that either.. he is trying to be awkward/clever and get responses as he does on every thread..

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:21 am

blueheaven wrote:There was no way there was 1600 treading fans there last night I would estimate 250 to 300 tops!!

Who said 1,600 Reading?

Approx 350

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:22 am

theclaw wrote:God I’m getting bored now about attendance’s,if fans want to go they will and if they don’t they won’t- simple :thumbup:

Simple best to stay of them then :thumbright:

Many actually like debating them and seeing the crowds of our clubs and others :thumbright:

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:36 am

theclaw wrote:God I’m getting bored now about attendance’s,if fans want to go they will and if they don’t they won’t- simple :thumbup:

if they want to go they will and if they don't they wont ..correct
and exactly the same can be said about clicking on a thread that is clearly about attendance
if your interested click on it..if your not...don't .

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:55 am

dogfound wrote:

there is no way this pillock actually believes that either.. he is trying to be awkward/clever and get responses as he does on every thread..

Why would I not believe it? I read it on planetswans from a poster on the thread about the low attendance, that’s the same source that you are using for that 9,000 nonsense you bang on about. Ironic.

If you were a big brave boy and discussed things like a grown up and told me what the away attendance was or that the information on the thread is incorrect - then there is every chance I would believe you. :thumbright:

How am I being awkward or clever? Haven’t I just said that this attendance is in keeping with your other home cup attendances? Pray tell how that is either awkward or clever? You are far too sensitive, truly.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:15 am

BlackMagic wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Why would I not believe it? I read it on planetswans from a poster on the thread about the low attendance, that’s the same source that you are using for that 9,000 nonsense you bang on about. Ironic.

If you were a big brave boy and discussed things like a grown up and told me what the away attendance was or that the information on the thread is incorrect - then there is every chance I would believe you. :thumbright:

How am I being awkward or clever? Haven’t I just said that this attendance is in keeping with your other home cup attendances? Pray tell how that is either awkward or clever? You are far too sensitive, truly.

same source ? i haven't mentioned planet swans in this thread or the other.
so why not just toddle off little man.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:40 am

dogfound wrote:same source ? i haven't mentioned planet swans in this thread or the other.

How hurtful :lol:

Yes, same source. You only started piping up with that rubbish after 'goats the fairytale' read Planetswans and saw a silly comment from someone. He then put it on here, once challenged he changed it to ''his cousin'' - you then picked up and ran with it as if it was gospel. The usual way fantasy stories start on here. :thumbright:

Same source.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:29 am

BlackMagic wrote:
dogfound wrote:same source ? i haven't mentioned planet swans in this thread or the other.

Yes, same source. You only started piping up with that rubbish after 'goats the fairytale' read Planetswans and saw a silly comment from someone. He then put it on here, once challenged he changed it to ''his cousin'' - you then picked up and ran with it as if it was gospel. The usual way fantasy stories start on here. :thumbright:

Same source.

my source was goats ? no , I don't know goats cousin. I told you where I had it from ..Swansea fans.. and even invited you for a pint with them ..the invite is open btw. im down there again Monday. could be 3 firsts for you . first ever pint. realising that there is a reality outside your own head. and seeing a live Swansea fan. would do you the world of good tbh.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:01 am

dogfound wrote:
BlackMagic wrote:

Same source.

my source was goats ? no , I don't know goats cousin. I told you where I had it from ..Swansea fans.. and even invited you for a pint with them ..the invite is open btw. im down there again Monday. could be 3 firsts for you . first ever pint. realising that there is a reality outside your own head. and seeing a live Swansea fan. would do you the world of good tbh.

Then I simply don’t believe you, Dogfound.

There are many reasons for that, some of which I have already mentioned. We have almost 9000 for cup games against League 2 opposition... so very unlikely we would get similar for a league game. None of our ST’s were sold while still in the PL (which is usually the cause of inaccurate official attendances), meaning it is very unlikely 40% (?!) of the crowd didn’t turn up for a league game. It’s just utterly stupid beyond belief to be frank.

If you had said 11,000 then you may have got some to believe you (although still some stretch). Copying Goats’s silly figure and pretending you heard from another source won’t get many believing the nonsense I’m sure. Your insistence to make silly quips with every post only confirms that. Very much like when you pretended the swim away was about pedophilia - so you have form for the ludicrous when it comes to your big rivals. :laughing6:

Anyway, back to the thread - 4000-5000 is nothing out of the ordinary for your cup games this season is it? So no excuses necessary.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:40 am

Other Clubs have had better crowds than us admittedly but as I stated earlier in the thread the Club don't help themselves.

Take Swansea as an example, they played two cup games at home this season and had 8,000 for both, why? Kids for a quid at both. If under 18's could have gone against Carlisle and Reading for £1 we would have had a similar crowd, their season ticket holders could also buy for £7.50.

Kids for a quid at Cup games is just a no brainer and I hope the Club follow suit in the future.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:22 am

i think this should be used next time the topic comes up : are we a big club

a big club, regarding of who they are playing in the cup, will have big crowds. i think we are a mediocre sized club, with a false idea of being a big club. someone showed me a video of around 1800 leeds fans at a under 18s game away at United the other night, thats a big club

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:26 pm

bluebird04 wrote:i think this should be used next time the topic comes up : are we a big club

a big club, regarding of who they are playing in the cup, will have big crowds. i think we are a mediocre sized club, with a false idea of being a big club. someone showed me a video of around 1800 leeds fans at a under 18s game away at United the other night, thats a big club

they are well supported home and away and should be with their history..
but ive seen the video too and thought it very cringey.. they don't take 1800 everywhere, its this seeing themselves as Man Utds equals nonsense...obsessed with Man Utd.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:37 pm

BlackMagic wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlackMagic wrote:

Same source.

Then I simply don’t believe you, Dogfound.

There are many reasons for that, some of which I have already mentioned. We have almost 9000 for cup games against League 2 opposition... so very unlikely we would get similar for a league game. None of our ST’s were sold while still in the PL (which is usually the cause of inaccurate official attendances), meaning it is very unlikely 40% (?!) of the crowd didn’t turn up for a league game. It’s just utterly stupid beyond belief to be frank.

If you had said 11,000 then you may have got some to believe you (although still some stretch). Copying Goats’s silly figure and pretending you heard from another source won’t get many believing the nonsense I’m sure. Your insistence to make silly quips with every post only confirms that. Very much like when you pretended the swim away was about pedophilia - so you have form for the ludicrous when it comes to your big rivals. :laughing6:

Anyway, back to the thread - 4000-5000 is nothing out of the ordinary for your cup games this season is it? So no excuses necessary.

grown men chasing children :shock: not sure how that would go down in todays climate.. but go on, it was a different time and after all was in Swansea..
as for the attendance..yes it was poor. yes every Cardiff fan has said that.. but to pretend Reading had 1600 there wow.. absolute beaut..you read it on planetobsession :lol: :lol: and even put a link to the very source you claim goats had his 9k from, which you ridiculed. btw im sure goats originally said 10k ..its me that said 9k and i had it from a Swansea fan. your welcome to meet him and no im not going to record a convo with him and post it on to you like you suggested last time you declined the offer..

Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:15 pm

All Swansea have is swim away.. they wouldn’t come out to meet us in their town, so after that embarrassment they had to go to PT and pick on 5-6 lads.

And that friends, is a good result for the boys from Swansea Town..

No-ones ever come on and explained the no show..

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:10 pm

This thread is full of irony. A man who hasn't been to a live football match in many year commenting on the motives of people who regularly attend live football matches. Our third night game in seven days. The guy hasn't bought a season ticket in at least a decade, yet he feels entitled to comment on season ticket sales and what motivates people to buy them.
The man is a patronising fool.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:01 am

Whatever whys and wherefores it's a poor crowd. I reckon there were probably about 500 from Reading. The season is far from over and it was a chance to get to fifth round where we haven't been too often. The apathy is very disappointing.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:08 pm

dogfound wrote:grown men chasing children :shock: not sure how that would go down in todays climate.. but go on, it was a different time and after all was in Swansea..
as for the attendance..yes it was poor. yes every Cardiff fan has said that.. but to pretend Reading had 1600 there wow.. absolute beaut..you read it on planetobsession :lol: :lol: and even put a link to the very source you claim goats had his 9k from, which you ridiculed. btw im sure goats originally said 10k ..its me that said 9k and i had it from a Swansea fan. your welcome to meet him and no im not going to record a convo with him and post it on to you like you suggested last time you declined the offer..

Course it was Dogfound, course it was :laughing6:

It is these fantasy tales that let you down and make your other stories completely unbelievable. You seem to have a very large chip on your shoulder over something, maybe the last decade has worn you down - but you certainly aren’t talking rationally or portraying any sort of sense

Who pretended Reading had 1600 there? I said that is what I had heard, showed the source and asked if it was accurate - at no point did I say I believed it or indeed claimed it was correct. Fairly standard conversation.Where have I claimed Planetswans is a good source? It’s a terrible one. I think the chip on your shoulder is playing up again here?

You also thought wrong. Goats said 9k due to the silly comment on planetswans, I laughed at him and he provided said link. When I informed him why it was a ridiculous statement he pretended his cousin told him. No less than 48 hours later you come on the scene reciting the same fantasy tale of a fixture months previous - seems a little bit of a coincidence, don’t you think?

As I said, I don’t believe you for a second regarding your “friend” (it was friend’s’ in your previous tales, odd that). :laughing6:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:48 am

Ffs is this still going? It is easy for ANYONE To check by looking at the reading fans at cardiff city thread that was up not long after the game (by Annis if I remember correctly ) which was pictures of reading fans,and it is beyond doubt there were no more than 500!! Still a shit crowd even without the 1600 away fans :roll: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:31 am

bluesince62 wrote:Ffs is this still going? It is easy for ANYONE To check by looking at the reading fans at cardiff city thread that was up not long after the game (by Annis if I remember correctly ) which was pictures of reading fans,and it is beyond doubt there were no more than 500!! Still a shit crowd even without the 1600 away fans :roll: :old: :bluebird:

I don’t think anyone is talking about the Reading fans are they? Apart from dogfound intentionally pretending that I was claiming they brought 1600 back on page 1.

That was a number that was stated on Planetswans, I came on here and asked if it was accurate - how was I to know? Seemed a good place to ask.

The answer was “no” said in a very round about and troll type way as was the intention.. which of course turned a sensible debate into yet more nonsense. It’s what “the gang” tend to do.

But yes, my point was that people shouldn’t be searching for excuses and reasons because a cup attendance of 4000-5000 is a normal one for you as proven by the last 3. It’s not an offensive comment, just looking at data.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:10 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Whatever whys and wherefores it's a poor crowd. I reckon there were probably about 500 from Reading. The season is far from over and it was a chance to get to fifth round where we haven't been too often. The apathy is very disappointing.

Totally agree