Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL HARRIS TONIGHT SAYS WE SHOULD OF WON THE FIRST GAME

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:03 pm

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris said:

“We should have won the first game - we had about a million chances. We were 2-0 up and then 3-2 up here and sometimes it's not just meant to be.

"Some of the football we played in the first half was outstanding and there were positives with Murph [Josh Murphy] scoring two goals and two young lads making debuts which is big for our football club.

"But the goals we conceded were just not good enough. They were three goals from crosses. When you concede goals it's not just the back four - maybe it's concentration, but the players will be disappointed.

"I'd love to be in the fifth round. You put your hand up to take a penalty and sometimes the goalkeeper makes a save.

"We have been the better team in all three games with Reading and haven't won any of them."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL HARRIS TONIGHT SAYS WE SHOULD OF WON THE FIRST GAME

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City manager Neil Harris said:

“We should have won the first game - we had about a million chances. We were 2-0 up and then 3-2 up here and sometimes it's not just meant to be.

"Some of the football we played in the first half was outstanding and there were positives with Murph [Josh Murphy] scoring two goals and two young lads making debuts which is big for our football club.

"But the goals we conceded were just not good enough. They were three goals from crosses. When you concede goals it's not just the back four - maybe it's concentration, but the players will be disappointed.

"I'd love to be in the fifth round. You put your hand up to take a penalty and sometimes the goalkeeper makes a save.

"We have been the better team in all three games with Reading and haven't won any of them."

zzzzz :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:35 pm

Get a grip Harris. Same old drivel.
It's becoming boring now.
From now on play your best eleven and stick with it.
Or don't you know it yet?
You've had plenty of time now to at least find your best eleven out of what you've got.
But i don't think you do know.
Prove me wrong please, starting at Luton on Saturday!

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:35 pm

He's deluded.

Does he honestly believe we've been the better team in all three games with Reading? He's obviously been watching three different games to the ones I've seen.

We've been good in parts of all three games. We've also been shit in parts of all three games and we've not won any of them.

The more I hear from him and see the way his team plays the more convinced I am that he is absolutely not the right man to take us forward.

But hey, he's cutting the costs like Slade did so no doubt the management are delighted with his performance so far.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:37 pm

You could say second half in cup at reading we were better but when else

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:50 pm

Never mind the first game you chump we should have won the second game comfortably.

2-0 up.
3-2 up .

Glatzel missing an open goal with the last kick of the game.

How many times "should" we have won the game?

Perhaps if you could work out how to get the players to perform for the whole game rather than just part of it you might win a few games.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:32 am

He's full of s**t !!! S**t tactics, s**t manager, s**t excuses!!!

Reading are s**t too and we can't even beat them in the last 9 games we have played, sooner our fans get their heads from out of the sand and admit we are s**t the better.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:08 am

Chippy82 wrote:You could say second half in cup at reading we were better but when else

agree about the away game , we were the better team Friday ,haven't seen tonights match..

Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:55 am

I agree with him on one thing, we definitely should be beating Reading reserves! Harris out!!!!

Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:16 am

My word Harris comes out with some rubbish! If we were the better team we would have won thise 3 matches not drawn them all and conceded all those goals! Facts speak volumes. He picks the side. NH tactics and formation! Get a defensive coach in or go on a coaching course! NH can’t do it can he?

Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:51 am

Unbelievable - you might not have wanted NH but this is becoming tiresome. Seriously losing the will to live reading this constant drivel.

Don’t you think he will be working on it in training day in day out but what he can’t coach is mistakes or wrong decisions made by the player during the game.

I did not Warnock after we got promoted - I had to listen to his shit day in day out - did I agree with it no but did I hound him out now.

I would love to see some of you on here run a team for a season as I am sure based on your opinions you are all top level coaches :thumbup: :x ;)

Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:51 am

Harris the fact you picked that donkey Flint to take the first pen solidifies what everyone is thinking... you are clueless.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:03 am

nubbsy wrote:Harris the fact you picked that donkey Flint to take the first pen solidifies what everyone is thinking... you are clueless.

you just don't know mate...maybe there were quite a few really not up for taking a pen..
or maybe Flint is best at them in training. some defenders and even keepers are..
there is plenty to complain about but
I don't think losing a penalty shoot out proves anything.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:31 am

davids wrote:He's deluded.

Does he honestly believe we've been the better team in all three games with Reading? He's obviously been watching three different games to the ones I've seen.

We've been good in parts of all three games. We've also been shit in parts of all three games and we've not won any of them.

The more I hear from him and see the way his team plays the more convinced I am that he is absolutely not the right man to take us forward.

But hey, he's cutting the costs like Slade did so no doubt the management are delighted with his performance so far.

we were definitely the better team overall in the home league game. cant comment on last night as i wasnt there.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:53 am

dogfound wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Harris the fact you picked that donkey Flint to take the first pen solidifies what everyone is thinking... you are clueless.

you just don't know mate...maybe there were quite a few really not up for taking a pen..
or maybe Flint is best at them in training. some defenders and even keepers are..
there is plenty to complain about but
I don't think losing a penalty shoot out proves anything.

I considered that but what does that say about our attacking players then if they haven't got the bottle to step up?

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:29 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
davids wrote:He's deluded.

we were definitely the better team overall in the home league game. cant comment on last night as i wasnt there.

Second half of the league game you're right.

First half we were insipid.