Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EXCITMENT

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:28 am

Exicment! This is all I need. Sorry I'm not feelng it!
Love my club. Turn up and pay with my boy to enjoy the team putting in a shift.
Not seeing it.
Sterile atmosphere. Is this a library?
Don't mind if we get beat so long as we put in a shift!

Re: EXCITMENT

Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:50 am

Simple f*cking balls into the box for two goals, complete lack of passion and talent in the middle of the pitch.

Vaulks is league one at best, Pack too slow, can't pass, Flint a liability, Whyte, can run and that's it (he has potential though), Glatzel a luxury in this team sadly, could be really good but we haven't players to compliment him, Ward tried hard but lacks quality.

The only shining light was Murphy and the young lad. Bamba played well but his legs are gone.

To sum it up, if any of that starting eleven left the club, I wouldn't bat an eye lid. That's the sad truth. There's more players in our squad that need to go than there is that we need to keep.

This is Warnocks doing, he bought the players, I love him for what he did for us but Harris has taken over a poisoned chalice here

Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:05 am

BAMBA CREW wrote:Simple f*cking balls into the box for two goals, complete lack of passion and talent in the middle of the pitch.

Vaulks is league one at best, Pack too slow, can't pass, Flint a liability, Whyte, can run and that's it (he has potential though), Glatzel a luxury in this team sadly, could be really good but we haven't players to compliment him, Ward tried hard but lacks quality.

The only shining light was Murphy and the young lad. Bamba played well but his legs are gone.

To sum it up, if any of that starting eleven left the club, I wouldn't bat an eye lid. That's the sad truth. There's more players in our squad that need to go than there is that we need to keep.

This is Warnocks doing, he bought the players, I love him for what he did for us but Harris has taken over a poisoned chalice here
good post ,harris needs time

Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:59 am

BAMBA CREW wrote:Simple f*cking balls into the box for two goals, complete lack of passion and talent in the middle of the pitch.

maybe he will sign players to compliment glatzel in the summer...god help us
the father ted team..

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:47 am

brettski wrote:Exicment! This is all I need. Sorry I'm not feelng it!
Not seeing it.

Surely that’s backwards? I couldn’t give a f**k if we played hoof all for 46 games and scored a scrappy late winner. The performance doesn’t matter, the result does.
Go and watch Man City or Liverpool if it’s excitement you’re after.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:51 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Not seeing it.

Surely that’s backwards? I couldn’t give a f**k if we played hoof all for 46 games and scored a scrappy late winner. The performance doesn’t matter, the result does.

correct..both our promotion campaigns were win = everyone happy.. lose = everyone complain about the football..
and i remember we got relegated to the dungeon end of 90s the burrows / ayre year.. we had a decent team played some of the best football in the division but went down..i just wanted to stay up mate by hook or by crook..saying how nice the football was don't really cut it when you've just got relegated.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:35 am

dogfound wrote:
Not seeing it.

correct..both our promotion campaigns were win = everyone happy.. lose = everyone complain about the football..
and i remember we got relegated to the dungeon end of 90s the burrows / ayre year.. we had a decent team played some of the best football in the division but went down..i just wanted to stay up mate by hook or by crook..saying how nice the football was don't really cut it when you've just got relegated.

Playing hoofball is fine if you are winning or even if you are doing it well. And we were/are doing neither. I would probably say Warnock went even more direct (than usual) this season with a team not good enough to do it. It was awful to watch and it wasn't effective. Hence why he isn't here anymore. That brand of football at this level is dying/dead which makes it difficult to bring players in who are willing to do it. If the club wants to attract better players and progress, then it needs to play football that is more appealing to modern footballers.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:43 am

Escott1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Not seeing it.

Playing hoofball is fine if you are winning or even if you are doing it well. And we were/are doing neither. I would probably say Warnock went even more direct (than usual) this season with a team not good enough to do it. It was awful to watch and it wasn't effective. Hence why he isn't here anymore. That brand of football at this level is dying/dead which makes it difficult to bring players in who are willing to do it. If the club wants to attract better players and progress, then it needs to play football that is more appealing to modern footballers.

I don't think anything is dead, football revolves and is most of the time a team trying to beat a better or worse team than themselves. if your playing a team or teams with a technical { often financially funded } advantage you then have to find another way..and be better at the other way.. not sure we were more direct this season or that you can be more direct than the promotion season. it was get the ball, look up , try to hit the target. and we were good at it , all our attacking stats held up. poss was always crap but touches in opposition box, shots, goals, corners all high.
anyway that's how we pulled away from relegation and how we got promoted.. not sure either would have happened trying to play a more possession based passing game. this year not much changed re game plan, what changed was personnel , we concede to many..

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:16 pm

Not seeing it.

I used to feel the same,just getting the 3 points was the important part,but over the years watching hoof ball,has you called it has drained the batteries,loads I know have stopped going even when in the premiership,because nobody felt entertained

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:18 pm

caerblue wrote:
Not seeing it.

I used to feel the same,just getting the 3 points was the important part,but over the years watching hoof ball,has you called it has drained the batteries,loads I know have stopped going even when in the premiership,because nobody felt entertained

I’ve almost lost interest completely. It isn’t the football on show or the club itself , it’s the way the games gone totally.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:24 pm

caerblue wrote:
Not seeing it.

I’ve almost lost interest completely. It isn’t the football on show or the club itself , it’s the way the games gone totally.

Totally agree,money is killing the game,the fa cup over the past few seasons is the perfect example for most clubs,even in the lower leagues,with league positioning more important

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:47 pm

caerblue wrote:
Not seeing it.

the big irony at the moment is we start off rolling the ball out passing about , keeping possession . suck a goal or 2.. then go direct which gets everyone off their bums pull goals back and pple say why couldn't we do that from the start :?

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:57 pm

dogfound wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Not seeing it.

I don't think anything is dead, football revolves and is most of the time a team trying to beat a better or worse team than themselves. if your playing a team or teams with a technical { often financially funded } advantage you then have to find another way..and be better at the other way.. not sure we were more direct this season or that you can be more direct than the promotion season. it was get the ball, look up , try to hit the target. and we were good at it , all our attacking stats held up. poss was always crap but touches in opposition box, shots, goals, corners all high.
anyway that's how we pulled away from relegation and how we got promoted.. not sure either would have happened trying to play a more possession based passing game. this year not much changed re game plan, what changed was personnel , we concede to many..

Might be the case in the prem. Not so much in the championship as the league is more of an even playing field. Which is why it is so competitive. A team might set up slightly more defensively against a better team but their overall game plan wouldn't change that much. We are probably the only team in the top two divisions who play like we do now. It is dying mate, the tactics are dated which is why teams do not do it anymore. Millwall moved away from it (since Harris left, not very reassuring) and they are doing much better because they changed things.

No we probably wouldnt have gained promotion playing a more passing based game because the team weren't suited to do it. We might still play direct football but we are no where near effective at doing it. We used our wingers much better in our promotion season. They have been passengers so far. Everything this season was long. Goal kicks, throw-ins in both halves, balls out from the back, free kicks from pretty much any where on the field were all pumped long. Was like our game plan was to try and break off the second ball. That doesn't appeal to many players these days unless you buy from lower leagues or pay over the odds to bring 'better' players in.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:48 pm

caerblue wrote:
Not seeing it.

that might change. I know a lot who drifted away and then started taking their kids and got hooked again.. or decided to take in a game met people they hadn't seen in eons and just kept going..
KTF.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:02 pm

After the derby at home it hit home for me. Quiet atmosphere for large periods of the game, players not giving the full blood & guts.

It's been a disappointing season of the back of great season ticket sales.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:59 am

dogfound wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Not seeing it.

that might change. I know a lot who drifted away and then started taking their kids and got hooked again.. or decided to take in a game met people they hadn't seen in eons and just kept going..
KTF.

I’ll definitely take my son when he’s old enough.
I went to my first game when I was 2 I believe. My dad continued to take me for the next 16 years - I can’t thank him enough for some of the best days in my life. Wales away too.