You can't ignore it

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: You can't ignore it

Postby MoodyBluebird » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:23 am

I think there is a general apathy being felt and expressed by fans at present, exacerbated by the poor fare on offer.

Football success at all clubs is cyclical and we are no exception. The last 12 years have been an unparalleled success for all Cardiff City fans alive today but inevitably for a club of our size there will at some point be a downturn in our fortunes. This in turn will lead to smaller attendances, only bolstered occasionally by one-off cup games against PL opposition.

There is always hope of course. Many on here I suspect, myself included, saw the Slade/Trollope eras as the start of a gradual decline to anonymity but lo and behold within a season and a half we were back in the promised land again. Crowds increased and we were on the rise again.

For many, it can be a chore to go to a game on a wet Tuesday night, safe in the knowledge that the likelihood of you being on the edge of your seat is virtually zero. It is commendable therefore that we have so many more fans than we used to who are prepared for whatever reason to do this and long may it continue.
MoodyBluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:26 pm

We havent played anything enjoyable since Dave jones, Chopra, Jay B, McCormack etc.
Malky was a grind, OGS out of his depth, Slade - like watching paint dry, Trollope less said the better
Warnock - I enjoyed the confrontation and the us v them battles etc.
Harris - got to give him a full transfer window and see what he comes up with
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:35 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:I don’t know if I can renew yet as I’ll be unemployed in August having completed 22 years in my current job and there’s a chance any new job could include weekends and Tuesday evenings. This is the only reason I wouldn’t renew as there’s no substitute to meeting up with friends on match day and the football comes second to that. If anyone knows of any jobs going, please don’t hesitate to let me know. ;) :bluescarf:

Always jobs going at the stadium on match days if that’s any help

Thank you very much, that’s a good shout. I’ve had a few dealings with the club through my current job and have a security background, so have managed to do a bit of networking.

I’m hoping to go into Public Services teaching or Military Prep College as I’m nearing the end of a PGCE, but it’s good to have options as the mortgage doesn’t pay itself.
103 Barmy Army

Postby maccydee » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:16 am

It’s all relative to success

The hardcore will always be there. That numbers changes dependant on where we are.
maccydee

Postby boyo1927 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:33 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
CF14 Blue wrote:The fans are falling out of love with Cardiff City.

I'm 32 and have been a season ticket holder since the Ninian park days, so have my friends. Now we are all having kids and priorities take over. We are all still season ticket holders but for how long?

The football we have now will lose 2 of us I can guarantee that!

I'm not just saying this from a personal perspective but think of this. There are many more of the 2008 F.A cup final fans who are of Equal age. That is when the fan base boomed. They're going to slip away and if we continue the style we play I can guarantee next season we will have less that 16,000 season tickets sold.

We do not play and have not played attractive football for years! Coupled with this you can now watch (if you're savvy enough) every City game on IPTV. So where do we go from here because I see a massive fall unless we have a vision apart from the club saying " we need to cut back, trim the wage bill, wait for the sala saga to end, wait for Sam hammam to stop trying to sue us""

It might be a long road back this time.

It isn’t Cardiff City , it’s football in general, the games gone. Over paid players, taught to dive,complaining of injuries constantly instead of just getting on with it. I don’t think I’ll ever get another ST unless my son wants to have one when he comes of age.
Bring back lower league football I say.

Fully agree I preferred it in lower leagues. Premier league and var is all garbage. Players played millions and the fact so many games are on tv is impacting the desire to go...agree sometimes it's a.chore and I haven't gone to a few home games this year as it was on red button and couldn't be arsed....A huge factor for me is lack of banter and atmosphere with away fans. Its one of the key things I enjoyed and now canton cant hear away fans and they can't here us....
boyo1927

Postby castell-neath » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:51 pm

I think if i still lived within the city centre, or the outskirts I would probably renew. Its been years and years since i have NOT has a ST....had one for the Hamman years, DJ, MM the dreaded Rebrand years, RS, PT, NW years....and being able to get down and back in an afternoon would not be so bad. But since moving further away and starting a family, its hard to justify doing it week in week out with the commute and it taking up a good whole day for an unpleasant environment around me and crap football being played for 80% of the game.

I'll still watch on tv, listen on radio, buy my home/away/3rd kits, attend the odd game...but im also hoping a break from going all the time may rejuvinate my wanting to renew my ST lets hope, but at the moment i feel totally drained anf flat going to games
castell-neath

Postby dogfound » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:37 pm

castell-neath wrote:I think if i still lived within the city centre, or the outskirts I would probably renew. Its been years and years since i have NOT has a ST....had one for the Hamman years, DJ, MM the dreaded Rebrand years, RS, PT, NW years....and being able to get down and back in an afternoon would not be so bad. But since moving further away and starting a family, its hard to justify doing it week in week out with the commute and it taking up a good whole day for an unpleasant environment around me and crap football being played for 80% of the game.

I'll still watch on tv, listen on radio, buy my home/away/3rd kits, attend the odd game...but im also hoping a break from going all the time may rejuvinate my wanting to renew my ST lets hope, but at the moment i feel totally drained anf flat going to games

its like everything else mate , sometimes you just need a break from it..
dogfound

Previous

Return to General Chat