Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Critchley as City Manager

Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:37 pm

What about Neil Critchley as the new manager in the summer. Done a fantastic job with Liverpool under 23's. Would the fans be happy to go with someone like this. Trusted by Klopp, good contacts, know's the youngsters coming through and plays a pass and move modern game which is very pleasing on the eye.

Re: Neil Critchley as City Manager

Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:39 pm

Wardy64 wrote:What about Neil Critchley as the new manager in the summer. Done a fantastic job with Liverpool under 23's. Would the fans be happy to go with someone like this. Trusted by Klopp, good contacts, know's the youngsters coming through and plays a pass and move modern game which is very pleasing on the eye.

Harris will be here for years ,is record is good

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:00 pm

The problem is the people who make footballing decisions at our club know nothing about football.

They’ve never heard of him so why would they appoint him?

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:17 pm

Who had actually heard of him,before Liverpool drew with Shrewsbury,and decided to play their under 23s in replay?

Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:17 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:The problem is the people who make footballing decisions at our club know nothing about football.

Did they not know football when we've been promoted to the premiership twice ? You dont half talk some rubbish :lol:

Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:21 pm

Wardy64 wrote:What about Neil Critchley as the new manager in the summer. Done a fantastic job with Liverpool under 23's. Would the fans be happy to go with someone like this. Trusted by Klopp, good contacts, know's the youngsters coming through and plays a pass and move modern game which is very pleasing on the eye.

I know little of him but I'd rather someone like that who I assume gets his teams playing a certain way and we could actually build something from.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:The problem is the people who make footballing decisions at our club know nothing about football.

Did they not know football when we've been promoted to the premiership twice ? You dont half talk some rubbish :lol:

The first time was under Malky when there was no transfer committee you must be conveniently forgetting everything around that time it’s in fact the reason why we have a transfer committee.

The second time was because they’d fucked up so f*cking bad that they had no choice but to go and get somebody like Neil Warnock or we’d be in league one now. An like everybody likes to kick him in the balls for the bad signings you have to give Warnock credit for the brilliant ones he made the season we went up.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:03 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

The first time was under Malky when there was no transfer committee you must be conveniently forgetting everything around that time it’s in fact the reason why we have a transfer committee.

The second time was because they’d fucked up so f*cking bad that they had no choice but to go and get somebody like Neil Warnock or we’d be in league one now. An like everybody likes to kick him in the balls for the bad signings you have to give Warnock credit for the brilliant ones he made the season we went up.

So if a transfer turns out to be good it's the managers credit ,if thet are bad it's the committee that's what you are saying by the sounds of it ?

Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:37 pm

It’s nonsense to speculate on a new manager in the summer until the season is done.
IF we made the play offs, then Harris will have done a good enough job.
I’m not a Harris fan and last night showed some poor decisions and inexperience...but he’s here so I will support him and the team

Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:42 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

So if a transfer turns out to be good it's the managers credit ,if thet are bad it's the committee that's what you are saying by the sounds of it ?

No I’m not saying that.

Can’t you see when there isn’t a yes man in charge and the manager is allowed to get what he wants then good things happen.

Like I’ve said before do you think transfers like Fred Lex Immers Idriss Saadi And Zohore were requested by Slade or Trollope.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:13 pm

Could be worse choices.
He would be a gamble but is highly rated. Could be another Brendan rodgers or could be another Paul Trollope ?
If he was to bring the style he gets those liverpool kids playing and with good contacts I would be willing to give him a chance

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:07 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Aye and the ones who knew about football left us neck deep in the brown stuff.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:22 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

That’s exactly why we need a football person on the board that Tan trusts to stop this from happening.

The Manager either gets everything or nothing and either way at the end we are left fucked.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:04 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

fair enough..we aint in the brown stuff
but the club is like a bungee cord..
went from MM and OGS going mad to cheap option and cost cutting. to cheaper option. to panic and got lucky. then instead of spending in the summer wait till January when money seems no object again.to losing half a team and buying lesser replacements to another cheap option and now announcing more cost cutting...
i know all the good Tan has done and i really hope we get lucky with NH. but it will be getting lucky because there is no plan here.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:40 am

dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

went from MM and OGS going mad to cheap option and cost cutting. to cheaper option. to panic and got lucky. then instead of spending in the summer wait till January when money seems no object again.to losing half a team and buying lesser replacements to another cheap option and now announcing more cost cutting...
i know all the good Tan has done and i really hope we get lucky with NH. but it will be getting lucky because there is no plan here.

My belief is they thought Warnock and his vast amount of football experience, was a win win,falsely allowing him probably the lions share of input on new recruits without doing research,checking he was a good spender so to speak, I mean they were prepared to let him have sala (rip) at no small cost,and without being disrespectful to him,I did voice a concern at the time,that he'd had one golden spell at the time,a bit like zohore had.sad,y we will never know,but the hierarchy must be a little bit wary,as although we made money on Zohore, and Reid, will we recoup a vast amount for those he bought and left behind? :old: :bluebird:

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:06 am

bluesince62 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

My belief is they thought Warnock and his vast amount of football experience, was a win win,falsely allowing him probably the lions share of input on new recruits without doing research,checking he was a good spender so to speak, I mean they were prepared to let him have sala (rip) at no small cost,and without being disrespectful to him,I did voice a concern at the time,that he'd had one golden spell at the time,a bit like zohore had.sad,y we will never know,but the hierarchy must be a little bit wary,as although we made money on Zohore, and Reid, will we recoup a vast amount for those he bought and left behind? :old: :bluebird:

yes I keep reading this.. it doesn't hold water mate.
you can point a stick at anything and criticise { and you do } absolutely anything. but 15 mill don't buy you equal replacements for those we lost even if every transfer { gamble, because every transfer is at all levels } worked out perfectly and players gelled instantly.. its fantasy land to think so. as for recouping ..its really not much to recoup and I doubt very much anyone is going out and buying better for what was spent last summer. no they are not as good as we had they were never going to .. and yes we made money off zohore and reid.. despite me reading many many times they were almost worthless.. so do people stop and think, wow I got that wrong. ? or just move along to calling the next lot worthless...its the later and it cant be proved until sold, at which point the moaners move on to the next worthless players in their heads.
Sala.....enough has been written about that deal for the penny to drop with everyone that signing players is not easy even when you have loads of money..its not ps2 ,its not tescos..its real life where not everyone wants to come , or everyones wife even. and clubs don't accept OUR valuations because they have their own..

Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:53 am

Takes time to change a style and bring the right players in, but unless you can do that in 3 months Cardiff fans want you out the door.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:41 am

Did not realise we were looking for a new manager - we have a manager on a contract and with time will be able to overhaul a one dimensional side (I didn’t mention the word football because under Warnock it most certainly wasn’t)