Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ In the summer, I would be looking to really cut this squa

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:38 pm

NATHAN BLAKE:

“In the summer, I would be looking to really cut this squad, even if it meant giving golden handshakes. That’s easy for me to say, of course, it’s not my money. But I just look at two of my old teams, Wolves and Sheffield United, and look at what they are achieving. “

“They are proof that if you have the capability, the will and the correct plan in place then you can elevate your club very quickly. At the moment, we are sitting in 12th position in the Championship table and the mid-season transfer window has already come and gone”

Re: “ In the summer, I would be looking to really cut this

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:00 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:06 pm

cut it to what Nathan ?

Sheff Utd used 27 players in the league last season
and Wolves a whopping 31 the year before..

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:57 am

I think the squad is about right in numbers now,the trouble is its not got the quality! I think what he is saying is,the players are not good enough,and I believe that too,in answer to your question on another thread dogfound, I meant players past their best on big money contracts, not particularly their age,hope that explains it better :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:58 am

I think the squad is about right in numbers now,the trouble is its not got the quality! I think what he is saying is,the players are not good enough,and I believe that too,in answer to your question on another thread dogfound, I meant players past their best on big money contracts, not particularly their age,hope that explains it better :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:24 am

bluesince62 wrote:I think the squad is about right in numbers now,the trouble is its not got the quality! I think what he is saying is,the players are not good enough,and I believe that too,in answer to your question on another thread dogfound, I meant players past their best on big money contracts, not particularly their age,hope that explains it better :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

well we aint spending anything like this summer what we did last and what we spent last year was not enough to bring in quality..

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:21 pm

Consistently stupid. Nathan Blake is absolutely clueless, isn’t he?

Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:47 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Consistently stupid. Nathan Blake is absolutely clueless, isn’t he?

well youd think he would google the 2 clubs promotion seasons to check that what he thinks is true..

Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:40 pm

We just need to see off contracts of players that we can’t sell, and every time someone’s contract runs out, bring in another youngster, whilst also getting short term loan deals to keep the experience. And then within 2 years or so we will have a young squad of academy players who have Atleast a dozen championship games under their belt, and that’s where we start buying players to compliment them. That’s how we do a full rebuild to push for promotion

Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:47 pm

LeonSDC wrote:We just need to see off contracts of players that we can’t sell, and every time someone’s contract runs out, bring in another youngster, whilst also getting short term loan deals to keep the experience. And then within 2 years or so we will have a young squad of academy players who have Atleast a dozen championship games under their belt, and that’s where we start buying players to compliment them. That’s how we do a full rebuild to push for promotion

do you really think there is this untapped pool of talent in the academy that's been ignored.. ?