' Chairman and chief exec - tight financial constraints? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Chairman and chief exec - tight financial constraints?

Postby dogfound » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:14 am

Bonner wrote:Some fans live in cuckoo land asking where has the lineup gone.
Players signed, high wages, agents, all the staff at the club, financial cost of day to day running of club.
We also have a debt.. so we ha e to cut out cloth accordingly.
Just support the team .. that’s best we can do as fans

other clubs sign players for more money on higher wages. and have more staff..
ive gone along with this for years but at some point you have to start questioning...

HERE IS THE QUESTION..in the 10 years he has been here we have been in 2 play offs. had 2 promotions. spent 2 years in the prem. been to a cup final and had 7 years worth of enormous TV money. its been our most successful period since the 1920s.{ 90 years } .and THE most successful financially by a country mile ..and bar 1 year { the 1st year in prem } we haven't been big spenders..
so how unrealistic must his original business plan have been to still have a 9 figure debt at the end of all that ?
on top of that...RED...why did so many go along with it ?..the answer is that he promised money...I don't think one single person thought that for 8 years all we would hear is how big the debt to him is or that it would still be upwards of a hundred million quid in 8 years time...
there is something wrong somewhere..
dogfound

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby wez1927 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:10 am

dogfound wrote:
Players signed, high wages, agents, all the staff at the club, financial cost of day to day running of club.

ive gone along with this for years but at some point you have to start questioning...

HERE IS THE QUESTION..in the 10 years he has been here we have been in 2 play offs. had 2 promotions. spent 2 years in the prem. been to a cup final and had 7 years worth of enormous TV money. its been our most successful period since the 1920s.{ 90 years } .and THE most successful financially by a country mile ..and bar 1 year { the 1st year in prem } we haven't been big spenders..
so how unrealistic must his original business plan have been to still have a 9 figure debt at the end of all that ?
on top of that...RED...why did so many go along with it ?..the answer is that he promised money...I don't think one single person thought that for 8 years all we would hear is how big the debt to him is or that it would still be upwards of a hundred million quid in 8 years time...

Look at all the other championship clubs all heavily in debt ,the facts are that all the clubs in the championship spend more than they receive, when you wage bill is mostly more than your income then obviously you lose money ,I think at some point there needs to be a salary cap like in other sports
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:22 am

dogfound wrote:

Also other clubs have a bigger turnover ,shirt sales, commercial contracts ,sponsorships, our ticket prices are some of the cheapest in the championship look at Leeds and Sheffield Wednesdays prices ?
wez1927

Postby Cinderford_Davies_Blue » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:31 am

maybe a slade NO2 but that isnt harris fault is it, that is the board fault. Harris gets all this stick, feel sorry for him tbh,
Cinderford_Davies_Blue

Postby Alan_in_China » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:32 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:Look at a club like Leicester City, for many years we went toe to toe with them to get to the PL, now look at both clubs, we are light years apart. They have brilliant ambitious wealthy owners that want the club to prosper and flourish. They’ve won the PL, their having another go now to secure Champions League football next season. They recruit top managers, top players, they play to full houses, their owners have bought into the culture of the City, and now their spending £150 million pounds on a new state of the art training ground.
All we do is skimp and look for the cheapest options. We have owners who x are delighted with mediocrity. They have never bought into the way of life in the area. They are happy to just survive in the Championship in front of 18,000 or so spectators. And they constantly bleat that we are broke. Please please sell up and get out of our club. With these owners we will never proper. Clubs such as Brentford are steaming ahead of us. Look how Sheffield Utd have done in their first year of PL football with a bit of investment and ambition. Look at Wolves. All similar size clubs :oops: :bluebird:

:thumbright:
Alan_in_China

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:43 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:Look at a club like Leicester City, for many years we went toe to toe with them to get to the PL, now look at both clubs, we are light years apart. They have brilliant ambitious wealthy owners that want the club to prosper and flourish. They’ve won the PL, their having another go now to secure Champions League football next season. They recruit top managers, top players, they play to full houses, their owners have bought into the culture of the City, and now their spending £150 million pounds on a new state of the art training ground.
All we do is skimp and look for the cheapest options. We have owners who x are delighted with mediocrity. They have never bought into the way of life in the area. They are happy to just survive in the Championship in front of 18,000 or so spectators. And they constantly bleat that we are broke. Please please sell up and get out of our club. With these owners we will never proper. Clubs such as Brentford are steaming ahead of us. Look how Sheffield Utd have done in their first year of PL football with a bit of investment and ambition. Look at Wolves. All similar size clubs :oops: :bluebird:

:thumbright:

It is a lot easier to say sell up than actually doing it. I doubt if there is a queue of rich investors out there who can't wait to gamble and potentially lose millions of pounds in Cardiff City. There is more likely to be a few businessmen who may believe it's possible to make a quick buck from buying and then asset stripping. Selling a football club to the right sort of person is not easy. Look how many of our previous owners have really invested in this club. Only one that I can remember since the late 60's.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:00 am

RageJon wrote:Concentrate on the youth and let's start creating talent instead of buying mediocre crap

This should have been the policy from the beginning of VT's regime in 2010. Developing players getting a good season or two out of them before selling on is one of the only few ways of making money in the corrupt world of football finance.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby wez1927 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:02 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
RageJon wrote:Concentrate on the youth and let's start creating talent instead of buying mediocre crap

This should have been the policy from the beginning of VT's regime in 2010. Developing players getting a good season or two out of them before selling on is one of the only few ways of making money in the corrupt world of football finance.

We might have a crop of just those youngsters coming through as long as they dont get pinched like motodo
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:09 pm

Totally agree Tony, its now 2020.

I know quite a few coaches who left from 2010-2015 due to many cut backs and then of course the Jacks arrived in Merthyr, Newport and CARDIFF, that hurt us big time as we were not doing anything.

Tony, I am hoping we have learnt from those days and that might finally we have 3 or 4 and they are given a chance like the other night :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I know quite a few coaches who left from 2010-2015 due to many cut backs and then of course the Jacks arrived in Merthyr, Newport and CARDIFF, that hurt us big time as we were not doing anything.

Tony, I am hoping we have learnt from those days and that we might finally have 3 or 4 and they are given a chance like the other night :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Positivity i like it :lol: the academy has some great youngster now hope they can be brought through
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tony, I am hoping we have learnt from those days and that we might finally have 3 or 4 and they are given a chance like the other night :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Positivity i like it :lol: the academy has some great youngster now hope they can be brought through

Wez, I am Always positive about our youth if they are brought through or given a chance, I love it when they play for us :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby dogfound » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Look at all the other championship clubs all heavily in debt ,the facts are that all the clubs in the championship spend more than they receive, when you wage bill is mostly more than your income then obviously you lose money ,I think at some point there needs to be a salary cap like in other sports

answer the question.. what sort of business plan is this...?
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:05 pm

you 2 think the academy has not been trying to produce ?
or that managers, not just at our club have ignored our overflowing talent pool ? :shock:
dogfound

Postby Nin Ian » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:27 pm

wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Dont like the sound of a salary cap. I can't stand the stuff in my salad, let alone on my head. Boom boom.
Nin Ian

Previous

Return to General Chat