Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Neil Harris bashers ‘

Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:55 am

Just a thought,could someone start a thread for the supporters who wish to slag him off,can do so,without having stacks of separate ones? Does anyone feel that it's a good way to go?

I don't recall what Warnock said being pasted up with a statement attached!! I'm personally getting fed up with certain posters,and the way they are tearing the manager down! How come These same posters weren't posting and pasting the dross that used to come from Warnock's mouth,so why Harris?

Warnock had the pre season to plug the gaps with decent players,and failed! Conveniently buggering off,when the shit was about to hit the fan,talking absolute tosh on his departure, "I've left a squad capable of finishing in the top two" well? Did fans believe that b@llocks ,because after seeing games,even a blind man could see how far from the truth that statement was,but because it was "sir" neil,nothing much was said on here??

Do these posters want to cause a divide .how come there were no protestations from certain posters then? I'm getting the impression that Harris could get us promoted,and still some posters would want him gone,stating ridiculous reasons as to why! He wasn't my choice as manager, the same as a lot on here,but he is here,can't we all just get behind him and the players,and see how he fares,as his record whilst not excellent,is not as bad as some make out,just my opinion of course,and lastly,do posters pick up a certain trend developing around Harris.

I for one feel a few bad results,and this board will go mad,with posters demanding a new manager.I can't see him going any time soon,so will give him and the team,my usual support. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Re: Harris bashers

Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:23 am

bluesince62 wrote:Just a thought,could someone start a thread for the supporters who wish to slag him off,can do so,without having stacks of separate ones? Does anyone feel that it's a good way to go? I don't recall what Warnock said being pasted up with a statement attached!! I'm personally getting fed up with certain posters,and the way they are tearing the manager down! How come These same posters weren't posting and pasting the dross that used to come from Warnock's mouth,so why Harris? Warnock had the pre season to plug the gaps with decent players,and failed! Conveniently buggering off,when the shit was about to hit the fan,talking absolute tosh on his departure, "I've left a squad capable of finishing in the top two" well? Did fans believe that b@llocks ,because after seeing games,even a blind man could see how far from the truth that statement was,but because it was "sir" neil,nothing much was said on here?? Do these posters want to cause a divide .how come there were no protestations from certain posters then? I'm getting the impression that Harris could get us promoted,and still some posters would want him gone,stating ridiculous reasons as to why! He wasn't my choice as manager, the same as a lot on here,but he is here,can't we all just get behind him and the players,and see how he fares,as his record whilst not excellent,is not as bad as some make out,just my opinion of course,and lastly,do posters pick up a certain trend developing around Harris, I for one feel a few bad results,and this board will go mad,with posters demanding a new manager.I can't see him going any time soon,so will give him and the team,my usual support. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Well said

Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:13 am

I would support very word there :old:
The squad Neil Warnock put together was totally unbalanced, oversized and missing quality in certain areas, we were playing hoofball it was absolutely dreadful to watch, I do believe that Warnock was starting to lose the dressing room, there was a brick wall built between the youngsters and the first team, we were going NOWHERE FAST.

To turn all that around and was not going to happen overnight. I like many others didn't think Harris was not the right appointment, however he is working through many of the issues left by Warnock and is slowly turning the ship in the right direction.
Those rose-tinted Warnock glasses need to be put in the bin :occasion5: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:29 am

Well said

Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:34 am

I agree, most of the time when i come on here all i see is a stack of Anti-Harris posts and immediately leave because it's just beating a dead horse at this point, and it's the usual recycled garbage the same people circle jerk over, one mega thread would solve that problem.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:08 am

Whistler wrote:I would support very word there :old:
The squad Neil Warnock put together was totally unbalanced, oversized and missing quality in certain areas, we were playing hoofball it was absolutely dreadful to watch, I do believe that Warnock was starting to lose the dressing room, there was a brick wall built between the youngsters and the first team, we were going NOWHERE FAST.

To turn all that around and was not going to happen overnight. I like many others didn't think Harris was not the right appointment, however he is working through many of the issues left by Warnock and is slowly turning the ship in the right direction.
Those rose-tinted Warnock glasses need to be put in the bin :occasion5: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Having read and heard a few things I'm beginning to believe NW's transfer policy was more about what was more advantageous for his sons football agency rather than what was advantageous for CCFC.

Also NW may or may not have lost the dressing room (I have no idea if that was the case) but I am certain he had lost interest in being CCFC manager due to a number of arguments behind the scenes with the clubs board/executive.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:12 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:I agree, most of the time when i come on here all i see is a stack of Anti-Harris posts and immediately leave because it's just beating a dead horse at this point, and it's the usual recycled garbage the same people circle jerk over, one mega thread would solve that problem.

The anti-Harris posts are becoming annoying and don't really achieve anything. I always back the manager and all things considered he is doing a reasonable job. I would back his replacement only if a stand out manager was in line to replace him. I can't see anyone on the horizon so we should make the most of what we have and again try to beat the odds.

Re: ‘ Neil Harris bashers ‘

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:20 am

Bluesince62, A well worded and truthful post Sir the best post that's been on here for a while regarding managers :thumbup:

May have to get your tin hat out though :D

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:31 am

wez1927 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:Just a thought,could someone start a thread for the supporters who wish to slag him off,can do so,without having stacks of separate ones? Does anyone feel that it's a good way to go? I don't recall what Warnock said being pasted up with a statement attached!! I'm personally getting fed up with certain posters,and the way they are tearing the manager down! How come These same posters weren't posting and pasting the dross that used to come from Warnock's mouth,so why Harris? Warnock had the pre season to plug the gaps with decent players,and failed! Conveniently buggering off,when the shit was about to hit the fan,talking absolute tosh on his departure, "I've left a squad capable of finishing in the top two" well? Did fans believe that b@llocks ,because after seeing games,even a blind man could see how far from the truth that statement was,but because it was "sir" neil,nothing much was said on here?? Do these posters want to cause a divide .how come there were no protestations from certain posters then? I'm getting the impression that Harris could get us promoted,and still some posters would want him gone,stating ridiculous reasons as to why! He wasn't my choice as manager, the same as a lot on here,but he is here,can't we all just get behind him and the players,and see how he fares,as his record whilst not excellent,is not as bad as some make out,just my opinion of course,and lastly,do posters pick up a certain trend developing around Harris, I for one feel a few bad results,and this board will go mad,with posters demanding a new manager.I can't see him going any time soon,so will give him and the team,my usual support. :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

Well said

Yes, well said mate

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:45 am

I posted thread ‘Harris out save next season’ because I felt strongly for the first time the appointment of current manager has the hallmarks of previous managers slade & Trollope. I felt I had the right to do that after supporting slade & Trollope blindly and being served with some dire stuff during their reign. I did not realise fans of long standing were not allowed in your world to point out negative aspects of the current manager. I felt I made a valid point and tried to reflect my own personal view that next season will be another dire season unless Harris goes. I also gave my reasons, they may be right or wrong, but I thought that what this forum was about.

There is no split between our fans, this is just debate. But it would be a sad day if we couldn’t agree to disagree and debate our team, our club, our city on this forum without discussing fans views on the current manager, good and bad. If you don’t want to be annoyed or offended by Harris bashers, don’t look at threads that suggest ‘anti Harris’ content. Really don’t see the need for your post tbh.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Gabalfa1963 wrote:I posted thread ‘Harris out save next season’ because I felt strongly for the first time the appointment of current manager has the hallmarks of previous managers slade & Trollope. I felt I had the right to do that after supporting slade & Trollope blindly and being served with some dire stuff during their reign. I did not realise fans of long standing were not allowed in your world to point out negative aspects of the current manager. I felt I made a valid point and tried to reflect my own personal view that next season will be another dire season unless Harris goes. I also gave my reasons, they may be right or wrong, but I thought that what this forum was about.

There is no split between our fans, this is just debate. But it would be a sad day if we couldn’t agree to disagree and debate our team, our club, our city on this forum without discussing fans views on the current manager, good and bad. If you don’t want to be annoyed or offended by Harris bashers, don’t look at threads that suggest ‘anti Harris’ content. Really don’t see the need for your post tbh.

Nothing like Trollope or Slade at all.

We are beginning to play better football than warnock had us playing.

I think harries will do well given a little time.

Warnock was playing more of a slade brand than harries is!!

Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:08 pm

No worries, your opinion and I respect it. My opinion differs but I won’t shout your down

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:35 pm

Ok can we have a separate thread for let’s call them ‘the blind Harris followers’

Where you can all act like it’s rosey in garden and talk about work in progress and say how brilliant his press conferences are.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:13 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Ok can we have a separate thread for let’s call them ‘the blind Harris followers’

Where you can all act like it’s rosey in garden and talk about work in progress and say how brilliant his press conferences are.

That’s the thing I don’t think anyone believes it is all rosey at all.
Main difference is some of us are willing to support him and can see the subtle changes.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:14 pm

Harris deserves to be judged in May, now lets get behind him :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:23 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:Harris deserves to be judged in May, now lets get behind him :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fair point.

Warnock’s got an easy ride, nobody wants to bash him due to his legendary status but surely if there had been someone with football sense/acumen/knowledge on the board rather than money men, it wasn’t rocket science to send him on his way after we were relegated and bring in someone positive fresh and younger in the summer rather than go through a farcical per season transfer window. This division was there for the taking but the lamentably poor board couldn’t see it.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:25 pm

I've nothing against Harris now or what he's doing with the squad he inherited. I was a bit disappointed with his appointment as I expected a "big name" manager with a proven track record of success at championship level and Harris was none of these. I think the majority of Harris bashers had nothing against the guy only disappointment the board had not gone for a higher profile manager. That said let's move on and support the guy 100%

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:28 pm

The guy is marmite and opinions will differ.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:40 pm

:roll:
Llan_Blue wrote:Ok can we have a separate thread for let’s call them ‘the blind Harris followers’

As opposed to doom and gloom? No problem. I can go with that.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:51 pm

Well every cloud I suppose as you wouldn't be posting on it with your constant negatively!

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:54 pm

Difference is there's never ending anti-harris posts saying basically the same thing every week, nobody thinks it's all rosy and it is a work in progress because he inherited an unbalanced Warnock team.
‘the blind Harris bummers’? what are you, 12? no need for the childish insults because not everyone is talking shit about harris

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:00 pm

Harris is full of contradictions and spin

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:32 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Harris is full of contradictions and spin

Is he the most intelligent of people? No. Is he inspirational? No
Is he a slick talker? No. But he wasn't appointed for his track record on mastermind or for rhetorical skills. He was appointed to get us playing better football, bring the youth through and get us into the top six. Are there indications that he can achieve this, possibly. Only time will tell.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:07 pm

Harris was' nt force to come here his problem is carrying out the wishes from above and trying to keep the fans onside which is a difficult ask,
fans wanted him to spend money, and the top did'nt, but he has confussed me though with his statments when interviewed.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:11 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:I agree, most of the time when i come on here all i see is a stack of Anti-Harris posts and immediately leave because it's just beating a dead horse at this point, and it's the usual recycled garbage the same people circle jerk over, one mega thread would solve that problem.

The anti-Harris posts are becoming annoying and don't really achieve anything. I always back the manager and all things considered he is doing a reasonable job. I would back his replacement only if a stand out manager was in line to replace him. I can't see anyone on the horizon so we should make the most of what we have and again try to beat the odds.

what I have always found annoying is people saying things and not backing them up ..

Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:17 pm

montyblue wrote:Harris was' nt force to come here his problem is carrying out the wishes from above and trying to keep the fans onside which is a difficult ask,
fans wanted him to spend money, and the top did'nt, but he has confussed me though with his statments when interviewed.

he confuses everyone.. pretending he doesn't contradict himself is flat out lying..
what comes out of his mouth is all him...

Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:18 pm

Patience is a virtue indeed 62.. for my money NH is doing well and I think he’ll bring us success. If he doesn’t, so what. But there are promising signs...

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:00 pm

JulesK wrote:

Well every cloud I suppose as you wouldn't be posting on it with your constant negatively!

Or, it seems, his homophobia, JukesK (now edited) :roll: :oops:

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:44 pm

See what you done there Sven, personally wouldn't expect any better from llan and a few others, hey ho.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:50 pm

30 league games played so far this season. Under Neil Warnock Played 16: W5, D6, L5. Under Neil Harris Played 14: W5,D7, L2. Average possession stats gone up, and football is easier on they eye. Okay we are not pulling up any trees at the moment but we are changing our style, and some of the football on display is really good, if somewhat inconsistent.Was not my first choice replacement for Neil Warnock but seems to be doing okay at changing things around. Come on, give the guy a break! Rome wasn't built in a day.