Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Neil Harris bashers ‘

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:55 pm

[quote="Gabalfa1963"]I posted thread ‘Harris out save next season’ because I felt strongly for the first time the appointment of current manager has the hallmarks of previous managers slade & Trollope. I felt I had the right to do that after supporting slade & Trollope blindly and being served with some dire stuff during their reign. I did not realise fans of long standing were not allowed in your world to point out negative aspects of the current manager. I felt I made a valid point and tried to reflect my own personal view that next season will be another dire season unless Harris goes. I also gave my reasons, they may be right or wrong, but I thought that what this forum was about.

There is no split between our fans, this is just debate. But it would be a sad day if we couldn’t agree to disagree and debate our team, our club, our city on this forum without discussing fans views on the current manager, good and bad. If you don’t want to be annoyed or offended by Harris bashers, don’t look at threads that suggest ‘anti Harris’ content. Really don’t see the need for your post tbh.[/quote

If you notice,I did say it was my opinion,and deliberately didn't name any poster /s as to not cause offence,as it was not intended to offend anone in particular,and of course ALL fans,longstanding or otherwise have the right to post how they feel,I did see your thread,but didn't argue with you over your views,and certainly haven't "shouted " anyone down over it,but as it's my right also to speak my mind too? Not all posts with quotes about Harris are immediately spot able, or are you suggesting I stop reading all threads?? And back to your "being offended by Harris bashers" Hmmmmmmmm, aren't you the one that's offended by this thread?you could have skipped over it,and not comment could you not? There are lots of us "longstanding supporters" who feel the same as I do,you respect their opinions but are pissed at me why? I and obviously other posters feel likewise on the topic in question,may I return your suggestion,and say if you don't like what's being discussed,do what you say,and don't look at threads that may/not be what you and others below want to hear ;) you seem to be getting your arse in your hand for nothing mate.but I stand by my op 100%. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:56 pm

bleubird62 wrote:30 league games played so far this season. Under Neil Warnock Played 16: W5, D6, L5. Under Neil Harris Played 14: W5,D7, L2. Average possession stats gone up, and football is easier on they eye. Okay we are not pulling up any trees at the moment but we are changing our style, and some of the football on display is really good, if somewhat inconsistent.Was not my first choice replacement for Neil Warnock but seems to be doing okay at changing things around. Come on, give the guy a break! Rome wasn't built in a day.

touches in opposition penalty area are down though ..but im so pleased the 5 yard pedestrian paced passes amongst the back 4 are easier on your eyes though , shame it costs us every single week..
btw this thread title should be lets bash Warnock again..
you find it impossible to back Harris without blaming Warnock in some way...the day that stops will be the day he no longer needs defending.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:09 pm

JulesK wrote:See what you done there Sven, personally wouldn't expect any better from llan and a few others, hey ho.

I seemed to have missed something? If he's making posts that contain homophobic language,then it needs to be Un censored so all can see? No place on here imho,this is the 21st century.but sometimes some cannot help their feelings being aired :roll: I knew the class fools would be on this topic eventually, but am glad others feel as I do regards the constant sniping of what is after all the manager,of the club we all support? No need to assassinate his character imo. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:25 pm

Wait there???? Sven accusing homophobia? That is absolutely out of order! What llan blue said was not homophobic or even in the context of!

Claiming it to be homophobic when I doubt anyone who read it felt the same is a cheap shot.

Almost like us being called racist for singing anti England songs at reading.

Sorry but I believe Sven should refute the homophobic claims.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:28 pm

Admittedly the use of phrase was childish but c’mon?? Homophobic??

Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:02 pm

Nin Ian wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:Harris is full of contradictions and spin

Is he the most intelligent of people? No. Is he inspirational? No
Is he a slick talker? No. But he wasn't appointed for his track record on mastermind or for rhetorical skills. He was appointed to get us playing better football, bring the youth through and get us into the top six. Are there indications that he can achieve this, possibly. Only time will tell.

you do not have to be a public relations expert or mastermind contestant to think the same thing 2 weeks running..

bring the youth through.. well they have to be good enough and to date he has done no more than any of our previous 3/4 managers.. playing a few of them in cup games..

Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:02 pm

dogfound wrote:
bleubird62 wrote:30 league games played so far this season. Under Neil Warnock Played 16: W5, D6, L5. Under Neil Harris Played 14: W5,D7, L2. Average possession stats gone up, and football is easier on they eye. Okay we are not pulling up any trees at the moment but we are changing our style, and some of the football on display is really good, if somewhat inconsistent.Was not my first choice replacement for Neil Warnock but seems to be doing okay at changing things around. Come on, give the guy a break! Rome wasn't built in a day.

touches in opposition penalty area are down though ..but im so pleased the 5 yard pedestrian paced passes amongst the back 4 are easier on your eyes though , shame it costs us every single week..
btw this thread title should be lets bash Warnock again..
you find it impossible to back Harris without blaming Warnock in some way...the day that stops will be the day he no longer needs defending.

Harris has got more points in less games than Warnock, probably against better opposition as well. You said in another thread that results are more important than the performance. Well, Harris is getting better results.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:11 am

Gabalfa1963 wrote:I posted thread ‘Harris out save next season’ because I felt strongly for the first time the appointment of current manager has the hallmarks of previous managers slade & Trollope. I felt I had the right to do that after supporting slade & Trollope blindly and being served with some dire stuff during their reign. I did not realise fans of long standing were not allowed in your world to point out negative aspects of the current manager. I felt I made a valid point and tried to reflect my own personal view that next season will be another dire season unless Harris goes. I also gave my reasons, they may be right or wrong, but I thought that what this forum was about.

There is no split between our fans, this is just debate. But it would be a sad day if we couldn’t agree to disagree and debate our team, our club, our city on this forum without discussing fans views on the current manager, good and bad. If you don’t want to be annoyed or offended by Harris bashers, don’t look at threads that suggest ‘anti Harris’ content. Really don’t see the need for your post tbh.

Was you a big fan of Neil Warnock?

If so can you explain why?

Can you also explain how Neil Harris is slade number 2?

Let me give you my opinion

Warnock as much as I thank him for uniting a club in turmoil at the time was extremely limited tactically far more than Harris so far, he bought players in general who were work horses lacking any real footballing quality and were in high wages in general, he did however galvanise those players to get an unlikely promotion, we done ok in the prem on limited budget but my issue with Neil is the relegation signings, yet more limited players tebchinally and a game plan that from game 1 was horrific, it worked last time but this time a team bereft of confidence dust could not get going and he changed nothing, similar formation same players week in week out and we won 0 that’s 0 away games in his games this season!!!

To say Harris is Slade 2 is massively disrespectful and totally dumbfounded with no logic to back that argument up at all, was he my first choice certainly not but his record whilst relatively average since taking over is better than Neil Warnock a was with wan rocks squad and not Harris’s

Since Warnock has left we have as many fans clambered for starting playing the ball more, whilst sometimes not penetrative enough goof forward we have certainly had the ball more this is evident in our possession stats which are much closer to 40/45% under Harris than 25% under warnock this shows a shift in playing style where peopl agree or not you can’t increase 20% average on possession and claim the style hasn’t changed

Granted it’s still not wonderful but it’s a far cry better to watch so far, only when he gets another 2 windows for me will we start to see the exact changes he wishes to make as currently we have one of the least technical city sides I have seen in my 20 years of watching city

I’m not saying Harris is the definitive answer but he’s done no worse than warnocknahs with warnocks squad not his and the football whist still not gray has been better

H fortunately for managers time is not something afforded to them anymore but it’s exactly what the current city manger needs and sacking him now would mean the next man in needs exactly the same, what the club really needs to do is define the style they wan the club to play permanently and hire a manager to fit that style, get that style played from under 7’s all the way to the main club, only this type of model breeds long term success swapping managers who are different tactically will never work long term ....

Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:57 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
Gabalfa1963 wrote:I posted thread ‘Harris out save next season’ because I felt strongly for the first time the appointment of current manager has the hallmarks of previous managers slade & Trollope. I felt I had the right to do that after supporting slade & Trollope blindly and being served with some dire stuff during their reign. I did not realise fans of long standing were not allowed in your world to point out negative aspects of the current manager. I felt I made a valid point and tried to reflect my own personal view that next season will be another dire season unless Harris goes. I also gave my reasons, they may be right or wrong, but I thought that what this forum was about.

There is no split between our fans, this is just debate. But it would be a sad day if we couldn’t agree to disagree and debate our team, our club, our city on this forum without discussing fans views on the current manager, good and bad. If you don’t want to be annoyed or offended by Harris bashers, don’t look at threads that suggest ‘anti Harris’ content. Really don’t see the need for your post tbh.

If so can you explain why?

Warnock as much as I thank him for uniting a club in turmoil at the time was extremely limited tactically far more than Harris so far, he bought players in general who were work horses lacking any real footballing quality and were in high wages in general, he did however galvanise those players to get an unlikely promotion, we done ok in the prem on limited budget but my issue with Neil is the relegation signings, yet more limited players tebchinally and a game plan that from game 1 was horrific, it worked last time but this time a team bereft of confidence dust could not get going and he changed nothing, similar formation same players week in week out and we won 0 that’s 0 away games in his games this season!!!

To say Harris is Slade 2 is massively disrespectful and totally dumbfounded with no logic to back that argument up at all, was he my first choice certainly not but his record whilst relatively average since taking over is better than Neil Warnock a was with wan rocks squad and not Harris’s

Since Warnock has left we have as many fans clambered for starting playing the ball more, whilst sometimes not penetrative enough goof forward we have certainly had the ball more this is evident in our possession stats which are much closer to 40/45% under Harris than 25% under warnock this shows a shift in playing style where peopl agree or not you can’t increase 20% average on possession and claim the style hasn’t changed

Granted it’s still not wonderful but it’s a far cry better to watch so far, only when he gets another 2 windows for me will we start to see the exact changes he wishes to make as currently we have one of the least technical city sides I have seen in my 20 years of watching city

I’m not saying Harris is the definitive answer but he’s done no worse than warnocknahs with warnocks squad not his and the football whist still not gray has been better

H fortunately for managers time is not something afforded to them anymore but it’s exactly what the current city manger needs and sacking him now would mean the next man in needs exactly the same, what the club really needs to do is define the style they wan the club to play permanently and hire a manager to fit that style, get that style played from under 7’s all the way to the main club, only this type of model breeds long term success swapping managers who are different tactically will never work long term ....

The trouble is,he tells me not to read threads that contain anti Harris rhetoric ( very hard these days ) then jumps on a thread that is about that topic spoiling the board for some of us, talking about how he is allowed his opinion,which is correct,just because he started a thread asking for "harris out",assumed it was all aimed at him??talking about not being allowed in my world to point out what he perceives are the current managers faults,ignoring the fact he has done marginally better in equivalent amount of games,as Mr Warnock did! And with none of his choice of players either,can I ask gabalfa this,where was the character assassination of Warnock after 15 games from you in particular? His record was worse,so how come you weren't voicing your displeasure at him also?? As he says though we are all allowed opinions, but back to the topic,why don't you create a page just for negative comments regards our manager,instead of silly posters like llan suggesting we do one just for positive things on one that is about mine,and quite clearly a fair few other posters displeasure of the continual sniping,analysing every word he breathes nonsense,and posters assuming anything said against the previols manager,as warnock bashing? He saved us,I get it,and appreciate it immensely,but for posters to go on like he was a god,in my eyes is just as bad,he walked because he could do no more with the squad,and hopped it,before the fans got vociferous and turned on him,a clever move in my eyes,looks better on his cv.so is it too much to ask those who want to slag the manager off,to at least let those who are behind him know that's the aim of the topic?? I mean I posted a thread for ccfc fans only,and even roathy had the decency to stop himself from commenting :lol: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:33 am

bluesince62 wrote:

If

The trouble is,he tells me not to read threads that contain anti Harris rhetoric ( very hard these days ) then jumps on a thread that is about that topic spoiling the board for some of us, talking about how he is allowed his opinion,which is correct,just because he started a thread asking for "harris out",assumed it was all aimed at him??talking about not being allowed in my world to point out what he perceives are the current managers faults,ignoring the fact he has done marginally better in equivalent amount of games,as Mr Warnock did! And with none of his choice of players either,can I ask gabalfa this,where was the character assassination of Warnock after 15 games from you in particular? His record was worse,so how come you weren't voicing your displeasure at him also?? As he says though we are all allowed opinions, but back to the topic,why don't you create a page just for negative comments regards our manager,instead of silly posters like llan suggesting we do one just for positive things on one that is about mine,and quite clearly a fair few other posters displeasure of the continual sniping,analysing every word he breathes nonsense,and posters assuming anything said against the previols manager,as warnock bashing? He saved us,I get it,and appreciate it immensely,but for posters to go on like he was a god,in my eyes is just as bad,he walked because he could do no more with the squad,and hopped it,before the fans got vociferous and turned on him,a clever move in my eyes,looks better on his cv.so is it too much to ask those who want to slag the manager off,to at least let those who are behind him know that's the aim of the topic?? I mean I posted a thread for ccfc fans only,and even roathy had the decency to stop himself from commenting :lol: :old: :bluebird:

so can you explain why?

Wow your a real tw*t arnt you son. Reason why I like Warnock was, saved our arses 1st season, got us promoted to prem, and left like he said he would. The fans wouldn’t have to turn on him, he’d walk before that. Given my reasons why I don’t think Harris is up to it. Your just trying to stir and I don’t think I’ll be replying to you again. Whew! I think you personally are trying to get conflict between us fans and I don’t like it so I’m withdrawing from commenting on yours because I’m not into that game.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:35 am

Of course Harris is SLADE the sequel... same circumstances, same uninspiring rhetoric.
Unlike Slade though I doubt Harris will get near the playoffs.
Harris hasn’t improved anything other than playing Tomlin.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:08 pm

' 3 WINS / 9PTS '
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=212883 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:15 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:Harris deserves to be judged in May, now lets get behind him :bluebird: :bluebird:

No Harris deserves to get judged partly in may and partly in October next year 10 games or so into new season after his summer transfers and see what hes been given to spend.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:45 pm

No I’ll judge him now. I want him out because if he’s given until October I can see us needing another Warnock type appointment to save us

Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:52 pm

Sven wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:Ok can we have a separate thread for let’s call them ‘the blind Harris followers’

Where you can all act like it’s rosey in garden and talk about work in progress and say how brilliant his press conferences are.

Well every cloud I suppose as you wouldn't be posting on it with your constant negatively!

Or, it seems, his homophobia, JukesK (now edited) :roll: :oops:

Hahhahhahahhahaha how is that homophobia you absolute cretin.

See this is what I was trying to explain to you svenny fella your not at all as intelligent as you think you are.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:53 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:No I’ll judge him now. I want him out because if he’s given until October I can see us needing another Warnock type appointment to save us

Shut up u dull xxnt

Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:54 pm

Don't bother reasoning with the idiots. We win today, to go above Swansea and just below the playoffs, and wankers like Barry Welsh are saying, "where would we be without Tomlin". Depressing, positivity drains and making me visit this board less and less.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:03 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:Don't bother reasoning with the idiots. We win today, to go above Swansea and just below the playoffs, and wankers like Barry Welsh are saying, "where would we be without Tomlin". Depressing, positivity drains and making me visit this board less and less.

Yeah thinking same mate I hardly visit the board these days. Loads of people slagging a manager off just coz not a big name or havent spent millions on players. Yet as proven got more points and better results this season than warnock who i dont want to knock either but facts are facts and harris is doing a better job this season than warnock

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:09 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
BAMBA CREW wrote:Don't bother reasoning with the idiots. We win today, to go above Swansea and just below the playoffs, and wankers like Barry Welsh are saying, "where would we be without Tomlin". Depressing, positivity drains and making me visit this board less and less.

Yeah thinking same mate I hardly visit the board these days. Loads of people slagging a manager off just coz not a big name or havent spent millions on players. Yet as proven got more points and better results this season than warnock who i dont want to knock either but facts are facts and harris is doing a better job this season than warnock

8th in the table, 4 points off the play offs and now only one side (WBA) has lost fewer games than us. Negative Barry still concentrating on slating the club at every opportunity. We all agree things are far from perfect, but it's a results business and irrespective of our views on the manager, his record is decent enough. I think one or two will still be moaning even if we get into the top six over the next few weeks.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:15 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:Ok can we have a separate thread for let’s call them ‘the blind Harris followers’

Where you can all act like it’s rosey in garden and talk about work in progress and say how brilliant his press conferences are.

Well every cloud I suppose as you wouldn't be posting on it with your constant negatively!

See this is what I was trying to explain to you svenny fella your not at all as intelligent as you think you are.

Cretin???? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I am (intelligent) and I know what constitutes as homophobia

You haven't 'explained' anything. You are just running in circles trying to dig yourself out of that hole but that is not the issue right now...

If you think that you will come on here and refer to other members in that manner because they have a different view to you, you are very much mistaken

I can more than handle unintelligent garb you put out there when it is just you being you (i.e. thoughtless) but on occasions such as that I have to draw a line and will

Wind your neck in on such matters, fella. It's just a football forum and if those are your genuine thoughts on people you don't know, you are incredibly ignorant as to what constitutes offence and/or homophobia

Now move on or ship out...! :roll:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:24 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:

Only got to look at hits for main thread after game normally full of comments but hardly any because no matter how positive fans are you will be cast as deluded or the like! There are lots of regular posters missing sign of of the times, just not worth the hassle either...:roll:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:27 pm

Gabalfa1963 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

If

so can you explain why?

Wow your a real tw*t arnt you son. Reason why I like Warnock was, saved our arses 1st season, got us promoted to prem, and left like he said he would. The fans wouldn’t have to turn on him, he’d walk before that. Given my reasons why I don’t think Harris is up to it. Your just trying to stir and I don’t think I’ll be replying to you again. Whew! I think you personally are trying to get conflict between us fans and I don’t like it so I’m withdrawing from commenting on yours because I’m not into that game.

WTF are you on about,can you explain? I've not asked you to explain jack sh!t to me,and your use of language is Un called for,you simply cannot take your own advice,regarding avoiding threads you don't want to hear!! And Iain't your son either judging by your username! ! I want this clubs fans to stay united,but you and the morons fighting at Luton are the ones causing a divide on board,and now can you say there isn't a divide,fighting amongst one another over views??? Please rest the thread again,I wasn't the one asking if you was a big fan of warnock :roll: I'm glad you will not continue to post on this thread,as that was the idea,trying to stop threads being massacred with negative b#llocks from people like you,and others! !! Resorting to keyboard Warrior type language,by calling someone you have never met a tw@t,please show me where I have called you similar?? :sleepy2: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:30 pm

Why can’t people just accept that other people have the opinion that we won’t get into the playoffs because they feel the manager isn’t good enough?

Why all this weirdness calling people Harris bashers and that?

Pathetic really people can be called Harris bashers and it’s fine but I say there the opposite and the bitter up his own ass mod goes off on one about homophobia.

There’s too sides yeah at the end of the season we will see who’s views where right. Myself and a few others don’t think our manager is good enough to go on a run of games getting us wins to get us into the play offs. I don’t sit here hoping city lose every game they play I’m just being realistic look at our squad and how we are playing and just think we are going to get a run of wins.

I’d love us too but I don’t feel like we will.

If anybody has a problem with that then that’s there problem. The snowflakes on this board like to dish it out but can’t take it back it seems.

According to this Messageboard over the last week I’m a Neil Harris bashing homophobic sheep.

Pathetic really. :lol:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:30 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:No I’ll judge him now. I want him out because if he’s given until October I can see us needing another Warnock type appointment to save us

Oh put your dummy back in will you :roll: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Sven wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
JulesK wrote:

Cretin???? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I am (intelligent) and I know what constitutes as homophobia

You haven't 'explained' anything. You are just running in circles trying to dig yourself out of that hole but that is not the issue right now...

If you think that you will come on here and refer to other members in that manner because they have a different view to you, you are very much mistaken

I can more than handle unintelligent garb you put out there when it is just you being you (i.e. thoughtless) but on occasions such as that I have to draw a line and will

Wind your neck in on such matters, fella. It's just a football forum and if those are your genuine thoughts on people you don't know, you are incredibly ignorant as to what constitutes offence and/or homophobia

Now move on or ship out...! :roll:

How’d you know I’m not gay?

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

Only got to look at hits for main thread after game normally full of comments but hardly any because no matter how positive fans are you will be cast as deluded or the like! There are lots of regular posters missing sign of of the times, just not worth the hassle either...:roll:

Imagine not coming into a Messageboard any more because of people’s comments :lol:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:41 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Why can’t people just accept that other people have the opinion that we won’t get into the playoffs because they feel the manager isn’t good enough?

Pathetic really people can be called Harris bashers and it’s fine but I say there the opposite and the bitter up his own ass mod goes off on one about homophobia.

There’s too sides yeah at the end of the season we will see who’s views where right. Myself and a few others don’t think our manager is good enough to go on a run of games getting us wins to get us into the play offs. I don’t sit here hoping city lose every game they play I’m just being realistic look at our squad and how we are playing and just think we are going to get a run of wins.

If anybody has a problem with that then that’s there problem. The snowflakes on this board like to dish it out but can’t take it back it seems.

According to this Messageboard over the last week I’m a Neil Harris bashing homophobic sheep.

Bit confused? "I'm just being realistic look at our squad and how we are playing,and just thinkwe are going to get a run of wins" so you do believe? :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:41 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

Imagine not coming into a Messageboard any more because of people’s comments :lol:

Exactly that’s how pathetic people have gotten they are unwilling to accept other people’s opinions.

It’s really embarrassing for them they think there better then the other side and there opinions matter more.

If there so confident then why don’t they just say we will see at the end of season and then they can have there I told you so moment.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:42 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:Why can’t people just accept that other people have the opinion that we won’t get into the playoffs because they feel the manager isn’t good enough?

Bit confused? "I'm just being realistic look at our squad and how we are playing,and just thinkwe are going to get a run of wins" so you do believe? :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

We haven’t had a run of wins all season what are you confused about??

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:42 pm