Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Honesty

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:36 am

All that most fans want is for owners and managers to be honest ,all these different stories , since Warnock went by the club don't do tan the manager or anyone else any good because,when fans see through what they said it gets our backs up ,I've missed one home game since we have been in the new stadium and for the first time I'm not sure if I'll renew my season ticket ,just because of all this smoke and mirrors again,if you read this forum tan be honest and most fans will stick by the club,

Re: Honesty

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:45 am

When you have made up your mind let us know :thumbup:

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:47 am

He has told us plenty of times what his vision is for the future. If fans choose not to listen or to believe, he can hardly be blamed for that.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:51 am

Did you ask for the same from Sam when he was in charge.

I remember being at several meetings where he blatantly lied to the select few that were present. I am sure some of the older posters will remember these meetings. Those were the days

Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:17 pm

Dobbin wrote:Did you ask for the same from Sam when he was in charge.

I remember being at several meetings where he blatantly lied to the select few that were present. I am sure some of the older posters will remember these meetings. Those were the days

I have heard similar stories myself but I can't comment because I was not at the meetings. There is nothing currently happening that surprises me. I have listened to what is being said, and have posted on here plenty of times saying that we will not be seeing any big spending. No inside knowledge or trying to be clever, all I have done is repeat what those at the top have said. When I give my opinions, many fans disagree which is perfectly fine. We all have different views, but I am not sure if some disagree because they don't want to hear what I am saying, or if they have heard Tan making a statement that I have missed. Tan made a big mistake changing our colours, and I think most of us were cheesed off at the time. He eventually reversed his decision, and made it clear there would be a price to pay for that. Most fans were happy enough at the time, and those who listened knew what was ahead. We may not agree with what he is doing, but we shouldn't be surprised at what is happening.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:15 pm

Problem is people only hear what they want to hear and then post or comment to suit their agenda.

Agreed for those that listened what is happening now is everything that Tan has said would happen. The only thing that has surprised me is how much money was given to Warnock to spend despite the message coming from the board and Tan.

Fans got the blue back but everyone said they would rather that and be in league two. Well we have blue and we are in the championship so better than expected.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:43 pm

the thread was not about Sam..
was not mentioned until you did... this is exactly what I meant on the other thread about taking sides..how honest, Sam, the Kumars, or Bartley Wilson were has zero to do with it..

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:05 pm

dogfound wrote:

was not mentioned until you did... this is exactly what I meant on the other thread about taking sides..how honest, Sam, the Kumars, or Bartley Wilson were has zero to do with it..

It wasn't (about Sam) but the point is valid when all is considered and people realise Harris is being largely singled out by many and it's becoming a snowball effect. It's certainly the earliest I've seen someone at the club so vilified and (let's be honest) whilst the football hasn't been exciting, the results have been steady and with few losses

Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:12 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

It wasn't (about Sam) but the point is valid when all is considered and people realise Harris is being largely singled out by many and it's becoming a snowball effect. It's certainly the earliest I've seen someone at the club so vilified and (let's be honest) whilst the football hasn't been exciting, the results have been steady and with few losses

its not about Harris either.. well not only Harris. its about mixed messages this last few weeks and wanting honesty.
yes results are ok.. the football ? its a bit mixed but its going to be with a new manager .. the contradictions are there though and it really is not the odd one..and that's what most of the moans have been about..

but my post was about taking sides.. Tan or Sam..Warnock or Harris..

Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:18 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

its not about Harris either.. well not only Harris. its about mixed messages this last few weeks and wanting honesty.
yes results are ok.. the football ? its a bit mixed but its going to be with a new manager .. the contradictions are there though and it really is not the odd one..and that's what most of the moans have been about..

but my post was about taking sides.. Tan or Sam..Warnock or Harris..

Yes, appreciate that :thumbup:

Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:53 pm

dogfound wrote:

My response was not about taking sides it was trying to balance things out a little - the original poster said that had missed only one game in the new stadium so made the assumption right or wrong that must have been around in the Sam days. The comparison was if wanted honesty did the same thoughts occur during the Sam reign.

When Sam arrived on the scene everyone jumped on the ride and we did have some great times, then came the problems and that’s where the dishonesty started. Sam also during his reign changed the badge whilst not as bad as a colour change did we have protests and people refusing to go back until he left no not that I can recall.

Tan has done some good things but also the colour change will always be his negative legacy no matter what happens. I am not sure why the OP has suddenly raised the issue now - the message has been clear back to blue no investment and he is slowly making the club debt free.

Some of the things I have heard from delegates and executive board members whilst at champions league draws and fixtures you realise that we are really not in a bad place at all !

I give everyone a fair chance and don’t take sides at all - I just feel that the recent bashing of Tan and Harris is ridiculous

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:32 am

Dobbin wrote:
dogfound wrote:

My response was not about taking sides it was trying to balance things out a little - the original poster said that had missed only one game in the new stadium so made the assumption right or wrong that must have been around in the Sam days. The comparison was if wanted honesty did the same thoughts occur during the Sam reign.

When Sam arrived on the scene everyone jumped on the ride and we did have some great times, then came the problems and that’s where the dishonesty started. Sam also during his reign changed the badge whilst not as bad as a colour change did we have protests and people refusing to go back until he left no not that I can recall.

Tan has done some good things but also the colour change will always be his negative legacy no matter what happens. I am not sure why the OP has suddenly raised the issue now - the message has been clear back to blue no investment and he is slowly making the club debt free.

Some of the things I have heard from delegates and executive board members whilst at champions league draws and fixtures you realise that we are really not in a bad place at all !

I give everyone a fair chance and don’t take sides at all - I just feel that the recent bashing of Tan and Harris is ridiculous

My only problem with that is,if tan TRULY stuck to his word of no investment if we go back to blue,where has the money for the transfers come from,not withstanding the 15m offer for sala? So he hasn't stopped funds completely has he,he is this season having to cut his cloth,due to poor choices of players by neil Warnock and wasting millions,and I know others were just as responsible for some silly buys (acorn) but we can only blame Warnock for the current incumbents,after all it was a squad he built, I wish he had gone before the season had started,giving the club time to search for a manager,rather than have to look for one,who would have wanted this squad during the season.but it is what it is,let's hope we become debt free,as that was tans aim.but I for one would prefer he stayed around a bit longer,as we have no idea what a new owner (if there is any interested ) would have planned for the club,because without investing a fair few bob.we could slide into oblivion with the wrong type at the helm.but I had to start a thread regards the constant jibes at Harris, due to topics being spoilt with certain posters intent on voicing displeasure with one or the other,or both.have fans really forgot where we were before tan took us over? I do,and it wasn't a place I enjoyed,knowing there was a possibility the club I love,could be gone,possibly forever! ! To see fans attack what is after all (by our choice,or not) supposed to be one of us? Maybe if supporters put as much energy in getting behind the team and manager,the ccs wouldn't be like a library ;) :old: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:50 pm

Yes I was around at the time of Sam and before,mid week games at the nin with only 2k odd there,so I'm not a glory hunter ,the main point I was trying to make was ,and it wasn't having a go at tan, he's put plenty of money in this club , he's made mistakes just like people before him,just a bit more honesty,for example, it would be easy to say we are not spending till next season,then you don't get fans hopes up of spending millions,I'll support the team whatever, all I said was I might not renew season ticket didn't say I would stop going