Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea lose 7m despite massive player sales

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:52 am

dogfound wrote:so you cant read or add up :o :o :o
both of you are using unreliable information .. if you can link me to either club or the FA or any other official source for all of these figures { ALL not the odd 1 or 2 } .. ill apologise.

I can do both. It’s just you rarely can understand what is being written in legible grammar. I only don’t understand things when the posts seems to be written by a caveman.

It doesn’t matter what you believe regarding exact amounts, my point isn’t based on that, Tony’s is. Tony brought up a list of players he felt added up to an exact amount. I used the same reported figures to show how his figures missed out millions upon millions in fees both in and out, how much he missed out to the pound is of no significance to me or my point.

If you don’t like people using reported figures to show their points then you will need to direct that at Tony, I am just responding in keeping with the claim. I will pass on your displeasure if I come across him before you do :laughing6:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:00 pm

Sounds like you have a source we can use here Dogfound?

You recently said the following:-

dogfound wrote:Swansea have signed 3 kids ,picked up 1 point in their last 2 games and left a player who cost 15 { FIFTEEN } million pounds and has 20 appearances this season go for free..
yeah fantastic business.

This was in reference to Borja Baston right? Do you have that link to the FA where this is confirmed? We should be able to then look at the other transfers.

:laughing6:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:22 pm

dogfound wrote:
BlackMagic wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
BlackMagic wrote:

:lol: Go back and re-read this ''clear statement''.

I shall quote:- ''I wouldn’t know exactly. But a safe guess would be 25% of the total transfer fees.''

Nobody has any idea what is included in this due to not knowing the amortisation figures. The club have sold €168m of players in the season of these accounts and the 2 previous. 25% of that is €42m or 35m gbp. Not a bad guess at all, but as I say it isn't broken down so we cannot know.

BTW I checked on Swansea’s transfer trading for the season 2017/18 the one that covers the reported accounts.

Transfers Out

Fernando Llorente to Spurs £13.6m
Gylfi Sigurdsson to Everton £44.4m
Bafétimbi Gomis to Galatasaray £2.25m
Jack Cork to Burnley £8.2m
Modou Barrow to Reading £1.5m

Total Received £69.9m

Transfers In

Roque Mesa from Las Palmas £11m
André Ayew £18m

Total Spent £29m

£69.9m - £29m = £42.9m

The figure £42.9m is exactly what the accounts for 2017/18 report as profit on player trading and was used to lower losses that season to £2m. This proves without doubt you have done nothing but waffle when it comes to amortization and again proves without a doubt you haven’t got a clue what you’re talking about when it comes to company accounts.

Tony, after you embarrassed yourself on the Sala contract thread, I have no idea why you insist on talking garbage on this one too.

But alas, I will humour you.

In your fantasy list that you have shoehorned to fit your lack of understanding of Swansea City or our accounts, you left out the following:-

Renato Sanches IN £7.65m
Wilfried Bony IN £11.7m
Sam Clucas IN £14.67m
Cian Harris IN £267k

TOTAL TRANSFERS IN YOU IGNORED:- £34.2m

Stephen Kingsley OUT £2.97m

TOTAL TRANSFERS OUT YOU IGNORED:- £2.97m

This proves without doubt that you see what you want to see, shoehorn anything you find to fit that narrative and convince yourself you are right. You did the same on the Sala thread only to be shown incorrect and you have been shown to be incorrect here too.

These figures of course were amortised. :thumbright:

hmmm..and where exactly have you 2 got these figures from ? FIFA 20 , transfrmarkt, or a radio active talking fish from Bristol..
shoehorned figures.... then make your own up.. :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Ignore the idiot :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:31 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Ignore the idiot :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

No chance, he’s hilarious :laughing6:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:50 pm

BlackMagic wrote:Sounds like you have a source we can use here Dogfound?

You recently said the following:-

dogfound wrote:Swansea have signed 3 kids ,picked up 1 point in their last 2 games and left a player who cost 15 { FIFTEEN } million pounds and has 20 appearances this season go for free..
yeah fantastic business.

This was in reference to Borja Baston right? Do you have that link to the FA where this is confirmed? We should be able to then look at the other transfers.

:laughing6:

yes chatting roughly on a message board a transfer window .......that post does not require the degree of accuracy as well you { I think you have A braincell } know..that is required when talking about accounts .you to are using multiple rough guesses of various degrees of accuracy to talk about ACCOUNTS you twerp.. im sure Dalman doesn't tell our accountants that player x cost ABOUT 3 mill... it might have been 2.8 might have been 3 .3 but the talking fish saays 3mill on the button..

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:56 pm

dogfound wrote:

yes chatting roughly on a message board a transfer window .......that post does not require the degree of accuracy as well you { I think you have A braincell } know..that is required when talking about accounts .you to are using multiple rough guesses of various degrees of accuracy to talk about ACCOUNTS you twerp.. im sure Dalman doesn't tell our accountants that player x cost ABOUT 3 mill... it might have been 2.8 might have been 3 .3 but the talking fish saays 3mill on the button..

So if we take the decimal points away and claim to be chatting roughly on the message board... we can see that Tony has left out ‘roughly’ 35 million quid of transfer fees... right? :laughing6:

Glad we agree.