Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea lose 7m despite massive player sales

Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:23 am

goats wrote:
Looks like the same old passage, same outcome, he’s wrong as usual. :lol:

Really? Where? Beacuse there is a difference between the usual gang saying I am wrong... and me actually being wrong though, isn't there :laughing6:

As I correctly said - transfer fees are amortised and we would not have serviced immediate debt to the tune of the transfer fees reported and listed int he Wales Online article.

If people don't like that then there is little I can do, just the way it is :thumbright:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:27 am

It’s a bit like debating with a rat really.

When confronted with the truth it’s a change of tack.

I’ll leave it to everyone else to make their mind up as to..

1. He’s absolutely right
2. He’s tried to mislead and got caught out
Or
3. He really does not understand the topic he’s talking about

Can see it’s a waste of a rare day off to debate any further.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:32 am

Lawnmower wrote:It’s a bit like debating with a rat really.

1. He’s absolutely right
Or

I would say the way you and others approach debate with me is like a rat. Take one sentence with pre existing context and attribute it to a scenario you create yourself, a scenario in which those comments are not referring to.

Why would I want to mislead anyone? What possible benefit could there be to me or my club even if the scenario you made up was true?

Everyone will know deep down what is going on here, whether they are brave enough to admit it is another thing all together, but the common sense suggests I am absolutely spot on again and the usual suspects are dancing round the houses to claim otherwise, its usual practice :thumbright:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:36 am

Roathy having a hiding on this thread :lol:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:39 am

BobbyBlue wrote:Roathy having a hiding on this thread :lol:

By being proven correct? I don't think so, chap. :laughing6:

But I like the fact your post is a clear indication of the situation. That's always a go-to of the frustrated and shows the reality of the situation. Always. :thumbup:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:40 am

BlackMagic wrote:
It doesn’t say anything of the sort, that’s just the latest in a long line of examples where your very basic and limited understanding of things leads you to come to your own (incorrect) conclusions. Player income in 2018 would count for a fraction (your guess is as good as mine) of those fees, and also previous years owed amortisation on past sales.

Again, you need to understand that player sales are amortised you cannot count future payments in annual accounts. While we received SOME of the sales of players in 2018, we obviously didn’t receive all. Companies House has not been updated so I have no idea where you are getting that daft information for. In the kindest possible terms of course.

I can assure you if you go onto the Companies House website you can view the 2018 accounts for Swansea City. It clearly states you received £46m in income from player sales. You stated that any accounts would only show 25% of the ACTUAL income received. That means Swansea must have sold £200 worth of players in 2018, it is simple maths my friend and none of your waffle will change that.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:43 am

BlackMagic wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:It’s a bit like debating with a rat really.

1. He’s absolutely right
Or

I would say the way you and others approach debate with me is like a rat. Take one sentence with pre existing context and attribute it to a scenario you create yourself, a scenario in which those comments are not referring to.

Why would I want to mislead anyone? What possible benefit could there be to me or my club even if the scenario you made up was true?

Everyone will know deep down what is going on here, whether they are brave enough to admit it is another thing all together, but the common sense suggests I am absolutely spot on again and the usual suspects are dancing round the houses to claim otherwise, its usual practice :thumbright:

Apparently it is the Oscars tonight. Maybe this MB should introduce a 'Roathy' award for waffling. Problem is there would only be one winner ever. ;)

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:44 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
I can assure you if you go onto the Companies House website you can view the 2018 accounts for Swansea City. It clearly states you received £46m in income from player sales. You stated that any accounts would only show 25% of the ACTUAL income received. That means Swansea must have sold £200 worth of players in 2018, it is simple maths my friend and none of your waffle will change that.

Again, player sales are amortised. You have mistakenly looked at a figure and assumed that must mean full amounts of transfers agreed in 2018, again no. You clearly stated that all of the transfer fees agreed in 2018 went to pay off debts. This is not true.

Player transfers are made up from amortised payments over a number of years. Figures you are looking at in 2018 will be of previous years transfers also. When looking at what can be paid off immediate debt (not book balancing) then ONLY transfer fees PHYSICALLY received in that accounting year can count towards is, because you cannot pay immediate debts off with future revenue.

I really can't be any clearer than this, no matter what people want to change my point to. :thumbright:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:45 am

Apparently it is the Oscars tonight. Maybe this MB should introduce a 'Roathy' award for waffling. Problem is there would only be one winner ever. ;)

If waffling means explaining the correct situation when people get annoyed and try and change what I say, then I should win the award on experience alone.

I spent enough time trying to explain to you how you were wrong in your understanding regarding Premier League registration. Only when I pulled up FIFA saying that exact thing did you meekly accept it and back away quietly. :thumbright:

Can't think why...

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:48 am

BlackMagic wrote:

Again, player sales are amortised. You have mistakenly looked at a figure and assumed that must mean full amounts of transfers agreed in 2018, again no. You clearly stated that all of the transfer fees agreed in 2018 went to pay off debts. This is not true.

Player transfers are made up from amortised payments over a number of years. Figures you are looking at in 2018 will be of previous years transfers also. When looking at what can be paid off immediate debt (not book balancing) then ONLY transfer fees PHYSICALLY received in that accounting year can count towards is, because you cannot pay immediate debts off with future revenue.

I really can't be any clearer than this, no matter what people want to change my point to. :thumbright:

Whether the amounts are 'amortised' or not YOU clearly stated that the accounts only show 25% of the actual total of player sales. That makes £200m. Even if you are given 3 seasons of 'amortised' sales SCFC did-not sell £200m net of players

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:49 am

BlackMagic wrote:

If waffling means explaining the correct situation when people get annoyed and try and change what I say, then I should win the award on experience alone.

I spent enough time trying to explain to you how you were wrong in your understanding regarding Premier League registration. Only when I pulled up FIFA saying that exact thing did you meekly accept it and back away quietly. :thumbright:

Can't think why...

And the first Roathy goes to Roathy :D

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:55 am

BlackMagic wrote:

Whether the amounts are 'amortised' or not YOU clearly stated that the accounts only show 25% of the actual total of player sales. That makes £200m. Even if you are given 3 seasons of 'amortised' sales SCFC did-not sell £200m net of players

:lol: Go back and re-read this ''clear statement''.

I shall quote:- ''I wouldn’t know exactly. But a safe guess would be 25% of the total transfer fees.''

Nobody has any idea what is included in this due to not knowing the amortisation figures. The club have sold €168m of players in the season of these accounts and the 2 previous. 25% of that is €42m or 35m gbp. Not a bad guess at all, but as I say it isn't broken down so we cannot know.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:56 am

BlackMagic wrote:

Can't think why...

Thank you very much, much deserved.

Glad you have now accepted that Premier League registration has no impact on employment contract too. :thumbup:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:45 pm

Interesting reading!
https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/audit-service ... dustry.pdf

Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:28 pm

BlackMagic wrote:
BlackMagic wrote:

Can't think why...

Thank you very much, much deserved.

Glad you have now accepted that Premier League registration has no impact on employment contract too. :thumbup:

I will ask again what is the amortisation figure ?

Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:40 pm

BlackMagic wrote:

I shall quote:- ''I wouldn’t know exactly. But a safe guess would be 25% of the total transfer fees.''

Nobody has any idea what is included in this due to not knowing the amortisation figures. The club have sold €168m of players in the season of these accounts and the 2 previous. 25% of that is €42m or 35m gbp. Not a bad guess at all, but as I say it isn't broken down so we cannot know.

BTW I checked on Swansea’s transfer trading for the season 2017/18 the one that covers the reported accounts.

Transfers Out

Fernando Llorente to Spurs £13.6m
Gylfi Sigurdsson to Everton £44.4m
Bafétimbi Gomis to Galatasaray £2.25m
Jack Cork to Burnley £8.2m
Modou Barrow to Reading £1.5m

Total Received £69.9m

Transfers In

Roque Mesa from Las Palmas £11m
André Ayew £18m

Total Spent £29m

£69.9m - £29m = £42.9m

The figure £42.9m is exactly what the accounts for 2017/18 report as profit on player trading and was used to lower losses that season to £2m. This proves without doubt you have done nothing but waffle when it comes to amortization and again proves without a doubt you haven’t got a clue what you’re talking about when it comes to company accounts.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:43 pm

BlackMagic wrote:

So further proof you don't know what your talking about you simply pluck figures out of the air. For Christ sake Roathy you need serious professional help.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:I will ask again what is the amortisation figure ?

What do you mean what is the figure? Nobody knows.

I’m unsure why you expected a different answer the second time you asked. :?

Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:00 pm

BlackMagic wrote:

BTW I checked on Swansea’s transfer trading for the season 2017/18 the one that covers the reported accounts.

Transfers Out

Total Received £69.9m

Transfers In

André Ayew £18m

Total Spent £29m

£69.9m - £29m = £42.9m

The figure £42.9m is exactly what the accounts for 2017/18 report as profit on player trading and was used to lower losses that season to £2m. This proves without doubt you have done nothing but waffle when it comes to amortization and again proves without a doubt you haven’t got a clue what you’re talking about when it comes to company accounts.

Tony, after you embarrassed yourself on the Sala contract thread, I have no idea why you insist on talking garbage on this one too.

But alas, I will humour you.

In your fantasy list that you have shoehorned to fit your lack of understanding of Swansea City or our accounts, you left out the following:-

Renato Sanches IN £7.65m
Wilfried Bony IN £11.7m
Sam Clucas IN £14.67m
Cian Harris IN £267k

TOTAL TRANSFERS IN YOU IGNORED:- £34.2m

Stephen Kingsley OUT £2.97m

TOTAL TRANSFERS OUT YOU IGNORED:- £2.97m

This proves without doubt that you see what you want to see, shoehorn anything you find to fit that narrative and convince yourself you are right. You did the same on the Sala thread only to be shown incorrect and you have been shown to be incorrect here too.

These figures of course were amortised. :thumbright:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:04 pm

BlackMagic wrote:

So further proof you don't know what your talking about you simply pluck figures out of the air. For Christ sake Roathy you need serious professional help.

Eh? Are you feeling ok or what?

I made the factual point that we will not have paid off all of the reported transfer fees from that year or our immediate debt due to the fact fees such as this are amortised and you cannot pay off current debt with future funds.

This is not an opinion, this is not a guess, this is not a plucking out of the air exercise - this is fact.

I was asked what the figure of amortisation was (essentially transfer fee driven cash flow) - I responded like any other person would - “I don’t know”. Neither do you. Neither does anybody outside the boardroom.

Now you have taken these factual statements and concocted your own reality again and clearly getting giddy with your own excitement, completely lacking the awareness that what you are ranting on about is something nobody said, nobody was talking about and nobody claimed.

You are on your own kid. Well you and your made up and inaccurate transfer figures anyway

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:59 pm

“I’m at the stage in life where I can’t be arsed to argue with idiots, so even if you tell me 1+1=5 that’s just fine, you’re correct, enjoy” :thumbup:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:22 pm

BlackMagic wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I will ask again what is the amortisation figure ?

What do you mean what is the figure? Nobody knows.

I’m unsure why you expected a different answer the second time you asked. :?

It will be in the accounts ,for instance Cardiff's was 2.3 million for 2018 as we paid most of our transfer s in that summer for straight cash

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:41 pm

goats wrote:“I’m at the stage in life where I can’t be arsed to argue with idiots, so even if you tell me 1+1=5 that’s just fine, you’re correct, enjoy” :thumbup:

I’m not quite at that stage it, sometimes you just have to reply to such things

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:15 am

BlackMagic wrote:
goats wrote:“I’m at the stage in life where I can’t be arsed to argue with idiots, so even if you tell me 1+1=5 that’s just fine, you’re correct, enjoy” :thumbup:

I’m not quite at that stage it, sometimes you just have to reply to such things

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :wave:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:27 am

BlackMagic wrote:
BlackMagic wrote:

Transfers Out

Total Received £69.9m

Transfers In

André Ayew £18m

Total Spent £29m

£69.9m - £29m = £42.9m

Tony, after you embarrassed yourself on the Sala contract thread, I have no idea why you insist on talking garbage on this one too.

In your fantasy list that you have shoehorned to fit your lack of understanding of Swansea City or our accounts, you left out the following:-

Renato Sanches IN £7.65m
Wilfried Bony IN £11.7m
Sam Clucas IN £14.67m
Cian Harris IN £267k

This proves without doubt that you see what you want to see, shoehorn anything you find to fit that narrative and convince yourself you are right. You did the same on the Sala thread only to be shown incorrect and you have been shown to be incorrect here too.

hmmm..and where exactly have you 2 got these figures from ? FIFA 20 , transfrmarkt, or a radio active talking fish from Bristol..
shoehorned figures.... then make your own up.. :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:29 am

dogfound wrote:
BlackMagic wrote:
BlackMagic wrote:

Transfers Out

Total Received £69.9m

Transfers In

André Ayew £18m

Total Spent £29m

£69.9m - £29m = £42.9m

Renato Sanches IN £7.65m
Wilfried Bony IN £11.7m
Sam Clucas IN £14.67m
Cian Harris IN £267k

hmmm..and where exactly have you 2 got these figures from ? FIFA 20 , transfrmarkt, or a radio active talking fish from Bristol..

Which source would you like to use?

Happy for you to correct those figures with ones you feel are more accurate? (Sniggers) :laughing6:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:34 am

BlackMagic wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlackMagic wrote:
BlackMagic wrote:

Transfers Out

Total Received £69.9m

Transfers In

André Ayew £18m

Total Spent £29m

£69.9m - £29m = £42.9m

Renato Sanches IN £7.65m
Wilfried Bony IN £11.7m
Sam Clucas IN £14.67m
Cian Harris IN £267k

Which source would you like to use?

Happy for you to correct those figures with ones you feel are more accurate? (Sniggers) :laughing6:

accurate lists are not available and being a grown up im not going to use any site that is designed for children to get a grasp on transfers...
the one in Tonys post that sticks out is Gomis. hardly a straight forward one that as you owed him more than the wizard of oz type transfer fee quoted.. but eh oh...

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:37 am

dogfound wrote:

accurate lists are not available and being a grown up im not going to use any site that is designed for children to get a grasp on transfers...
the one in Tonys post that sticks out is Gomis. hardly a straight forward one that as you owed him more than the wizard of oz type transfer fee quoted.. but eh oh...

I have read that three times and have absolutely no idea what it is trying to say. I can’t imagine I will be trying a fourth time. :laughing6:

It sounds like you are having a go at Tony for bringing up some publicised individual transfer fees? Right?

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:43 am

BlackMagic wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I have read that three times and have absolutely no idea what it is trying to say. I can’t imagine I will be trying a fourth time. :laughing6:

It sounds like you are having a go at Tony for bringing up some publicised individual transfer fees? Right?

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:47 am

BlackMagic wrote:
dogfound wrote:

so you cant read or add up :o :o :o
both of you are using unreliable information .. if you can link me to either club or the FA or any other official source for all of these figures { ALL not the odd 1 or 2 } .. ill apologise.