Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Latest News on Striker Isaac Vassell ‘

Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:43 am

He has spent must if the last two and a half seasons injured. And has zero pedigree of scoring goals at anywhere near the level of top end of championship.

Hopefully the £3 million mooted is a newspaper headline and his salary is heavily linked to appearances and goals.

Still a waste of money and another example of the complete ineptitude of our transfer committee.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:41 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:So everyone is slating Vassell and writing him off because he is injured?

Does anyone actually fancy waiting to see what he can do when he does get fit, before judging him?

It's unfortunate he has another long injury, but nobody can predict the future. The fact he's injured doesn't mean he's a bad player and he certainly doesn't warrant the negativity in this thread. Most of us have barely seen him play yet!

Vassell may bounce back and prove to be a good signing, I think he needs to have a run of games before any of us can fairly judge him. We will just have to wait and see. It's way too soon to write him off just yet.
To many it's in your argument. We signed him injured and he has stayed injured.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:28 pm

If any player saw this site no wonder players wont come to us lol or managers actually ….give the boy a chance he is 26 if he plays to his potential he could be worth a lot more than what we paid and when it was announced it no where near 3 million.

He is injured not his fault or anyone else at the club, Peter Thorne was always injured too and was a class player for us but im sure some experts on here wouldn't rate Thorne either

Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:36 pm

valleyrambill wrote:If any player saw this site no wonder players wont come to us lol or managers actually ….give the boy a chance he is 26 if he plays to his potential he could be worth a lot more than what we paid and when it was announced it no where near 3 million.

He is injured not his fault or anyone else at the club, Peter Thorne was always injured too and was a class player for us but im sure some experts on here wouldn't rate Thorne either

Thorne was not always injured.

Vassell was a Warnock “I want him so I’m having him” signing.

Yes the transfer committee is incompetent but Warnock has them on a piece of string

Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:13 pm

Warnock needs to look at himself on more than just this signing. His transfer record was absolute dire. Wasted millions, left us bang in trouble and left ASAP as soon as he realised he’d done so.

Whilst he worked wonders and did exceptional to get us up, his transfers dealings were shocking.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:05 am

snoopystorm wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:So everyone is slating Vassell and writing him off because he is injured?

Does anyone actually fancy waiting to see what he can do when he does get fit, before judging him?

It's unfortunate he has another long injury, but nobody can predict the future. The fact he's injured doesn't mean he's a bad player and he certainly doesn't warrant the negativity in this thread. Most of us have barely seen him play yet!

Vassell may bounce back and prove to be a good signing, I think he needs to have a run of games before any of us can fairly judge him. We will just have to wait and see. It's way too soon to write him off just yet.

Haven’t slated him, just stated he looked fine walking with a bounce in his step into the club at Fridays night match against reading

You've just accused him of being a player happy to pick up a pay cheque, so you've certainly slated his character there. It's encouraging if he is walking freely though, hopefully he can start some light training again soon.

Our physios and coaches will decide when he's ready to train and play again. When Vassell next plays, I will be giving him my full support, not casting him aside like everyone else has disappointingly done in this thread.

Just pointing out that there are many players in our club more than happy to be picking up a pay cheque for not much input.... easy enough to fob off a physio/dr by saying ooohh yeah still a bit tight.... not saying he is but as I said he had a spring in his step and didn’t look to be struggling in any form walking into the club... he’s already training apparently so only time will tell, I’m not impressed tbh Ralls came back for 1 match and wasn’t quite ready and ultimately paid the price

well yes, he would be walking ok if he is in training.. I watched a welsh lge game yesterday and stood with 2 injured players who could walk talk and have a pint after the game.. both were peed off they were not playing...all injuries are not visible.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:11 am

Danny Says wrote:
valleyrambill wrote:If any player saw this site no wonder players wont come to us lol or managers actually ….give the boy a chance he is 26 if he plays to his potential he could be worth a lot more than what we paid and when it was announced it no where near 3 million.

Thorne was not always injured.

Vassell was a Warnock “I want him so I’m having him” signing.

Yes the transfer committee is incompetent but Warnock has them on a piece of string

Vassell was a Warnock signing...stop there because that really is all that matters for you...

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:11 am

Mr Potato wrote:Warnock needs to look at himself on more than just this signing. His transfer record was absolute dire. Wasted millions, left us bang in trouble and left ASAP as soon as he realised he’d done so.

Whilst he worked wonders and did exceptional to get us up, his transfers dealings were shocking.

And the Committee who sanctioned them all, looked over the players,fees,wages etc