' Celtic still keen on Josh Murphy '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:38 pm

Celtic still keen on Murphy

Saturday 8th February 2020

Celtic are reportedly still keen on signing Cardiff City winger Josh Murphy.

According to Football Insider & the Scottish Daily, the Scottish champions are set to reignite their efforts to land the 24-year old, having previously been denied with a bid on deadline day to sign Murphy on loan.

That move was believed to be with a view to a loan, but reports claim Neil Lennon’s side may now be keen on a permanent deal in the summer.

Murphy has found regular football hard to come by with the Bluebirds this season, and has made 10 starts in the Championship.
Attachments
2_Cardiff-City-v-Reading.jpg
2_Cardiff-City-v-Reading.jpg (27.5 KiB) Viewed 4556 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Celtic still keen on Josh Murphy '

Postby bluebird04 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:43 pm

i think this is better for us, if a club like celtic want murphy, because it means we can up the asking prince a little more.
bluebird04

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:44 pm

Celtic are reportedly still keen on signing Cardiff City winger Josh Murphy.

According to Football Insider, the Scottish champions are set to reignite their efforts to land the 24-year old, having previously been denied with a bid on deadline day.

That move was believed to be with a view to a loan, but reports claim Neil Lennon's side may now be keen on a permanent deal in the summer.

Murphy has found regular football hard to come by with the Bluebirds this season, and has made 10 starts in the Championship.

However, a sparkling performance against Reading in the FA Cup fourth round replay on Tuesday night was a timely reminder of his capabilities.

And boss Neil Harris has insisted that the winger, who was bought for £11m from Norwich City 18 months ago, still has a role to play in the Welsh capital.

He told the BBC: "We have to find a way of getting more out of him because he has got superb potential.

"Then he's got a big part to play under me. You've got to put confidence and belief in players and you've got to ask for patience.

"It's not been an easy period for the club and, when you're asking for patience in individual players, you're asking a lot because they [the fans] just want to see their team have a right go.

"Murph is a slightly different player to a Joe Ralls or a Will Vaulks or even Callum Paterson, who play with their hearts on their sleeves and would run through a brick wall.

"Josh is different, he's a technical player, and we have to appreciate his different attributes in the team."
Attachments
2_Cardiff-City-v-Reading-2.jpg
2_Cardiff-City-v-Reading-2.jpg (56.73 KiB) Viewed 4479 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby montyblue » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:51 pm

Be silly to let him go now because we cannot use the money to buy now ,transfer window yes,
but not now even if he' s on the bench for the rest of the season as back up for injuries etc.
montyblue

Postby NIBluebird » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:01 pm

What makes you think we'll use £12m on transfers

FFP remember
NIBluebird

Postby arri potta » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:01 pm

montyblue wrote:Be silly to let him go now because we cannot use the money to buy now ,transfer window yes,
but not now even if he' s on the bench for the rest of the season as back up for injuries etc.

whatever money comes in will not go to CCFC!

We are back to bare bone lower league costs for the future, a manager who'll do as he's told from above and a rough patch until someone can get the club off Tan.

I don't care of they are drug cartels from Columbia, someone must want a play thing that can reap rewards by just being in the premiership alone!
arri potta

Postby montyblue » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:10 pm

NIBLUEBIRD

what makes you think we would get "12 million" be lucky to get half that for murphy
montyblue

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:12 pm

With Murphy's record so far be lucky to get £3mill, but if he now goes on a run like the Reading game, Murphy would then be worth £10mill plus :thumbright: :bluebird:

But surely then we would want to keep him :D :thumbright: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby arri potta » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:13 pm

montyblue wrote:NIBLUEBIRD

what makes you think we would get "12 million" be lucky to get half that for murphy

or knowing our lot 3 million now and 5 million when he has 300 appearances and 50 goals - remember our lot are as thick as shit when it comes to football brains!
arri potta

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:36 pm

The New Sinclair !!! ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:59 am

NIBluebird wrote:What makes you think we'll use £12m on transfers

FFP remember

we should have no issue with FFP in next couple of years as Sky money means last year we probably made a profit and this year as our net spend to date is zero we will certainly make one. But Tan wont want to spend it because he wants to use most of it to get back part of what is owed to him before he sells.
JJ1927

Postby ccfc1962 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:32 pm

arri potta wrote:
montyblue wrote:Be silly to let him go now because we cannot use the money to buy now ,transfer window yes,

We are back to bare bone lower league costs for the future, a manager who'll do as he's told from above and a rough patch until someone can get the club off Tan.

I don't care of they are drug cartels from Columbia, someone must want a play thing that can reap rewards by just being in the premiership alone!

Just out of interest, if an asset of CCFC is sold by CCFC who do you think the money will be paid to by the purchasing club?
ccfc1962

Postby ccfc1962 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:45 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:What makes you think we'll use £12m on transfers

FFP remember

we should have no issue with FFP in next couple of years as Sky money means last year we probably made a profit and this year as our net spend to date is zero we will certainly make one. But Tan wont want to spend it because he wants to use most of it to get back part of what is owed to him before he sells.

I haven’t seen the May 2019 accounts yet, but agree that they almost certainly show a profit. However the level of profit is not going to be as high as the reduction in total income we will suffer ( up to £60m) from being relegated.

The Profitabilty and Sustainability Rules ( formerly known as FFP)allow the club to make a loss of £61m over three years 1x£35m for our season in the Premier League plus 2x£13m for the two seasons falling either side of that. We should be OK at the moment based on those figures but unless there is very tight control on spending this and next season (when broadcast rights money falls still further) there could be a difficult financial period ahead.

A number of clubs in the Championship are likely to be ruled as non compliant at the end of this season with resultant major fines and likely points deductions and clubs like Aston Villa are in deep sh*t already and would face massive repercussions if they get relegated at the end of this season. Do we, as fans, want our club to face the same problem by not being prudent with the finances?
ccfc1962

Postby skidemin » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:39 am

arri potta wrote:

agree all will go on the debt.
skidemin

Return to General Chat