Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Albert Adomah "

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:56 pm

I always rated Adomah in the past but not seen him play for a while now.

What I do think though is I don’t see 32 as being past it, not these days anyway. With the training and sports science being as advanced as it is, I think even for a winger 32 is a good age.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:07 pm

Adomah is the same age as Tomlin give or take and likely been in much better shape over that time. Those calling Adomah past it are unjustified.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:09 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Adomah is the same age as Tomlin give or take and likely been in much better shape over that time. Those calling Adomah past it are unjustified.

Totally agree ,hes a great experienced player and will do good for us

Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:31 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Oh and a ‘wa*ker’. Didn’t see you commenting on name calling there Sven it seems only those with a differing opinion to yours are ‘name callers’ :thumbup:

And this is the thing...you clearly don't 'know' who we contact over a lot of issues that occur on here; you make broad assumptions safe only in the knowledge that you yourself have been contacted because you went public with your ridiculing comment to another member on this very thread

Okay for you but no one else? :? Seems like to me...

No one is more selective than you (with the one obvious exception, of course ;) ) and it's about time you either stopped dishing it out or better still accepted what comes back to you (often with interest) in good grace rather than going whingeing that you've been wronged

I'm no Saint on certain matters and I do stir the pot when it comes to those clearly out to use the Forum for their own personal gratification rather than any genuine wish to engage properly; but (and you're not the first) you clearly aren't able to separate me the poster from me the Mod

As with another (mildly) notorious poster, you have been admonished by more than one Mod/Admin over the last week or so for your comments/behaviour, so maybe time to take the hint. It's not just me, fella, we do discuss such things and I'm just the more vocal one!

Take it on the chin and move on or ship out... :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:35 pm

But to have notification that my reporting of the comment had been deleted when I have been warned officially for far less is clearly not fair.

Plus you will not find many examples of me name-calling and certainly no examples of vile or aggressive (swearing) language towards other posters.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:39 pm

As for the warnings I’ve received one was for singling you out apparently the second was for ‘fake news to suit my obtuse agenda’. This wasn’t even justified or proven as I have NEVER posted fake news.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:53 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:But to have notification that my reporting of the comment had been deleted when I have been warned officially for far less is clearly not fair.

Plus you will not find many examples of me name-calling and certainly no examples of vile or aggressive (swearing) language towards other posters.

Your 'Report' was dealt with and I repeat, you factually don't know who is contacted and/or why by the Mods/Admins

Worry about your own conduct and not others, fella. And don't ever think I respond to you in the way I do simply because you are mostly (almost but not quite exclusively) negative. I could live with that, if you had even a modicum of appreciation that others can (and do) have a different view without engaging in the ridiculing 'everyone else is wrong' and 'weird Harris lovers' tactics that you do

I don't actually know too many 'Harris lovers' (weird or not) but I do know plenty prepared to give him a chance; and whilst the football might not be the prettiest, he seems to have a team that will play for him and give 100% for 90 minutes (as the 'comeback' results have shown)

Neil Warnock got us promoted as a near miracle; for Harris (given the club's position when he arrived) to even get us to the Play-offs would top that in so many ways and (IMHO) anything beyond that would allow him to walk on the proverbial water!

That's called 'getting behind your team' and not exactly what you're about, is it?

Just move on and if you can't take it, please don't dish it out; your call... :thumbup:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:07 pm

I’ve been we used the term ‘weird Harris lovers’ or anything close to it?

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:08 pm

That is a fake quote that I have NEVER said wow!

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:13 pm

its like a roath thread

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:15 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:That is a fake quote that I have NEVER said wow!

WOW! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It wasn't a quote (that starts and ends in "..."), so don't give it the old 'hard done' by act...! :roll:
(That's not a quote either, fella)

It was a generalisation of the kind of retort you give to those who disagree or dare to question your negativity, so if you are that desperate to respond please at least get it right...

Talk about clutching...! :oops:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:28 pm

‘Weird Harris lovers’

Why would you use the word ‘weird’ if never used by myself? I’ve never said or insinuated it is ‘weird’ to support the manager.

It’s just a very strange paraphrase to use that is not in keeping with the tone or sentiment of my postings.

Just very confusing to be honest. Strange word to use hmmm

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:30 pm

Anyway let’s not escape the fact that this thread was derailed but trivialisation of child abuse. I’d rather get back to talking about the football :thumbup:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:35 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Anyway let’s not escape the fact that this thread was derailed but trivialisation of child abuse. I’d rather get back to talking about the football :thumbup:

That sounds good to me! :thumbup:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:55 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:As for the warnings I’ve received one was for singling you out apparently the second was for ‘fake news to suit my obtuse agenda’. This wasn’t even justified or proven as I have NEVER posted fake news.

The warning I gave you was following procedure.

I don't enjoy warning people and it rarely happens but certain things will occasionally lead to that action.

I will also only ever ban someone as a last resort.

Didn't see the post in question as I haven't been able to be very active on here over the weekend for personal reasons.

I am sure one of the other admins/moderators dealt with it in the correct way.

Should be no hard feelings, just doing our job :thumbright:

I personally will never be prejudice against anyone on here as I feel that would be an abuse of my position.