Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Only 9 points off automatics

Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:49 pm

After such an awful first half of the season I find it remarkable we are only 9 points of an automatic place. One of the poorest championships i can remember. Hopefully hit some form now and push for play offs :bluescarf:

Re: Only 9 points off automatics

Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:57 pm

I know, it's bizzare. Most people will tell you/me that it's out of the question. But this is football, if we can build some momentum, and turn draws into wins, then there's every reason to be hopeful. Ofcourse, let's look at playoffs first, but if we find ourselves in the playoffs positions soon, then its in our best interest to look at the top 2 places then, I'd rather look up than down, and I think that's the mentality the players should/will have too. So no, nothing's impossible, Neil and the team have just got to get a run of 3/4 wins in a row to make up for all the draws we've had.

Let's not forget, even though we are disappointing with the amount of draws, we are still on a very good run of form with only 2 losses in our last 15 games. Let's not underestimate ourselves.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:51 pm

Long way to Go ...But still in with a chance ....Like Others ;)

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:14 am

It’s amazing what a scrappy 1-0 win against bottom of the league can do to people

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:45 am

BarryWelsh88 wrote:It’s amazing what a scrappy 1-0 win against bottom of the league can do to people

Have u ever put a positive post on

Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:20 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:It’s amazing what a scrappy 1-0 win against bottom of the league can do to people

Most teams get promoted on the back of hard fought scrappy wins against the bottom teams. Not easy beating a side who are fighting for survival. As is often said on here, there are no easy games in this league and I think we all know that if you see a comment made by BarryWelsh, it is going to be a negative one.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:26 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:

Most teams get promoted on the back of hard fought scrappy wins against the bottom teams. Not easy beating a side who are fighting for survival. As is often said on here, there are no easy games in this league and I think we all know that if you see a comment made by BarryWelsh, it is going to be a negative one.

Yeah Luton beat derby last week. If we can win at Hudds people will start to wonder

Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:09 am

Start to wonder about automatic?? Seriously our fans are like the wind

Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:54 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Start to wonder about automatic?? Seriously our fans are like the wind

The forums Victor Medrew is at it again. City win, "I don't believe it". Humbug.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:56 pm

With that logic, we should have finished on 0 points last season then.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:03 pm

adamt958 wrote:

With that logic, we should have finished on 0 points last season then.

Top response mate. :thumbup:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:06 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:Start to wonder about automatic?? Seriously our fans are like the wind

The forums Victor Medrew is at it again. City win, "I don't believe it". Humbug.

Doesnt want to believe it more the point! :o

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:21 pm

A win against Luton and suddenly we are thinking automatic :lol:

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:52 pm

About the playoffs ffs, automatic :lol: as if

Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:44 pm

Well it's better talking about being 9 points off automatic place than be thinking of relegation that some people would love on here just to say told you so! :roll: