Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:52 pm

Thanks for the update Paul.

Re: OFF OPIC - Clydebank FC appeal for help

Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:08 pm

semmy wrote:Thanks for the update Paul.

Cheers mate. What happened to the quizzes? :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:29 am

Things got back to normal mate. Sport back on TV on a Friday etc........
Largs away today then,bleak and boring town according to the 'Still Game' scripts ., C'mon The Bankies.

Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:13 pm

Glad to hear any positives about Clydebank. Always had a soft spot for the bankies. I was born in East Kilbride, but my mums aunt had a top floor flat that overlooked Kilbowie Park in Clydebank that we used to visit in the 80's. On a Saturday you could watch half the game (the other side was blocked off by a stand if I remember correctly?) My dad was a Partick Thistle fan but one of the only things of his I still have is a birthday card from everyone at Clydebank FC?!? No idea why he had this, don't think there was quite the same rivalry as the Old Firm maybe? :D

Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:52 am

davo1974 wrote:Glad to hear any positives about Clydebank. Always had a soft spot for the bankies. I was born in East Kilbride, but my mums aunt had a top floor flat that overlooked Kilbowie Park in Clydebank that we used to visit in the 80's. On a Saturday you could watch half the game (the other side was blocked off by a stand if I remember correctly?) My dad was a Partick Thistle fan but one of the only things of his I still have is a birthday card from everyone at Clydebank FC?!? No idea why he had this, don't think there was quite the same rivalry as the Old Firm maybe? :D

Great story! Not quite the same rivalry but fair to say games were competitive and often tasty on and off the park for a while! My aunt stayed just along from the flats you talk of, she worked in the social club and then as the kit woman before retiring.

Two games in and two wins soma good start to the season. We’ven been live streaming our home matches, they can be seen on the Clydebank FC YouTube Channel.

Highlights from Saturday https://twitter.com/clydebankfc/status/ ... 41888?s=21
Apologies for the commentary!

Re: OFF TOPIC - Clydebank FC appeal for help

Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:12 pm

After watching Friday, the only way had to be up!

Thankfully it was just that as The Bankies made it three wins from three to top the table. 25 games to go and some tough tests to come but you have to be in it to win it!

Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:27 am

Another 4-0 win last weekend, four wins from four to start the league season and keep us as the early pacesetters.

This weekend we have a cup tie away from home to Beith who we then travel to paly again the following week in a league match. This should be a tougher test than what we have faced in the opening four games.

Delighted to let you know that 6% of our membership are City fans :ayatollah: your support is much appreciated folks.

Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:54 am

Morning everyone, hope you are all well.

A wee update for those interested.

Football at our level has been suspended since January and there is a real danger the league will be null and voided.

Work continues on getting our SFA Licence which will allow our name to return to the Scottish Cup after a 20 year absence.

The BBC caught up with us lately and hae released the first paet of a mini feature, you can see it here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56376777

As always, any donations are always welcome. Our South Wales membership continues to grow and itms very much appreciated :ayatollah: https://donateaticket.com/donate/clydebank/

Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:43 pm

Give us a wee vote on Twitter if you can... https://twitter.com/twoladsonepod/statu ... 26754?s=21

Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:44 pm

While part two of our feature on BBC including yours truly can be found here https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09b75xb

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:36 am

Hi everyone, I've been fairly quiet lately but here is another wee update for those of you that are interested in this - I know there's not many so the rest will just have to suck it up :D

We released the following statement yesterday which confirms we have regained membership of the Scottish FA after a 20 year absence.

"We are delighted to announce to our Trust members and supporters that the Scottish FA are set to approve Clydebank FC as a member club, having met their licence requirements.

This is a momentous occasion in the club’s history, and is exactly what the fan ownership model of the UCS Trust was set up to work towards at our rebirth in 2002.

The membership will be effective from the Scottish FA AGM, scheduled for 20 July 2021.

This has only been made possible thanks to the unwavering support we have received from everyone involved with the club from day one. Whether you became a trust member or donated to the licence fund, or whether you have helped run the club or been involved in the groundwork – this has only been achieved through years of teamwork.

Our thanks go to Brian Mann, Club Licensing Manager at the Scottish FA, for all the support and guidance from his team during the process.

Proud to be a Bankie."

https://www.clydebankfc.com/bankies-set ... a-members/

This in effect means we can continue to climb the Scottish pyramid system - without a licence we had hit our ceiling. It also allows us entry into the Scottish Cup and will bring in financial benefits as well.

This is a major achievement for us, done mainly on just the money of the supporters. It's another step up the ladder to where we once sat in the Scottish game. It's taken just short of 20 years for us to get this far.

Thanks to all on here who continue to support us in our venture, you've no idea how much it's appreciated. :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:05 am

PtB wrote:Hi everyone, I've been fairly quiet lately but here is another wee update for those of you that are interested in this - I know there's not many so the rest will just have to suck it up :D

We released the following statement yesterday which confirms we have regained membership of the Scottish FA after a 20 year absence.

"We are delighted to announce to our Trust members and supporters that the Scottish FA are set to approve Clydebank FC as a member club, having met their licence requirements.

This is a momentous occasion in the club’s history, and is exactly what the fan ownership model of the UCS Trust was set up to work towards at our rebirth in 2002.

The membership will be effective from the Scottish FA AGM, scheduled for 20 July 2021.

This has only been made possible thanks to the unwavering support we have received from everyone involved with the club from day one. Whether you became a trust member or donated to the licence fund, or whether you have helped run the club or been involved in the groundwork – this has only been achieved through years of teamwork.

Our thanks go to Brian Mann, Club Licensing Manager at the Scottish FA, for all the support and guidance from his team during the process.

Proud to be a Bankie."

https://www.clydebankfc.com/bankies-set ... a-members/

This in effect means we can continue to climb the Scottish pyramid system - without a licence we had hit our ceiling. It also allows us entry into the Scottish Cup and will bring in financial benefits as well.

This is a major achievement for us, done mainly on just the money of the supporters. It's another step up the ladder to where we once sat in the Scottish game. It's taken just short of 20 years for us to get this far.

Thanks to all on here who continue to support us in our venture, you've no idea how much it's appreciated. :bluescarf:

Brilliant Well done Paul :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:31 pm

Super news Paul...'mon the Bankies!

Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:11 am

semmy wrote:Super news Paul...'mon the Bankies!

Hopefully get down soon, Evans is buying the beers I hear!

Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:50 am

PtB wrote:Morning everyone, hope you are all well.

Football at our level has been suspended since January and there is a real danger the league will be null and voided.

Work continues on getting our SFA Licence which will allow our name to return to the Scottish Cup after a 20 year absence.

The BBC caught up with us lately and hae released the first paet of a mini feature, you can see it here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56376777

As always, any donations are always welcome. Our South Wales membership continues to grow and itms very much appreciated :ayatollah: https://donateaticket.com/donate/clydebank/

Watched the BBC video starring our very own PTB and found it so inspiring. Your ground looks so neat and tidy considering what you had to start with. Loved the bit where you are all digging up the small terrace!

I was so impressed that I decided to join your trust. I am now proud to say I am a member of United Clyebank FC supporters trust.

Good luck to everyone involved :thumbright:

Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:53 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Watched the BBC video starring our very own PTB and found it so inspiring. Your ground looks so neat and tidy considering what you had to start with. Loved the bit where you are all digging up the small terrace!

I was so impressed that I decided to join your trust. I am now proud to say I am a member of United Clyebank FC supporters trust.

Cheers Tony, appreciate the kind words. It's certainly been an interesting ride over the years!

You should have an email from us now :ayatollah:

Really appreciate the support, means the world to us!

Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:07 am

PtB wrote:

Cheers Tony, appreciate the kind words. It's certainly been an interesting ride over the years!

Yes I have received the email Paul and I should get my membership cards etc soon.

With all this crap about a European Super League and it's £6billion slush fund I really do think football has lost the plot.

Maybe all fans, clubs and administrators should take a look at the miracle of Clydebank FC and it's amazing supporters to bring it back down to earth and teach everyone what football really is at it's heart.

Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:42 pm

PtB wrote:

Yes I have received the email Paul and I should get my membership cards etc soon.

With all this crap about a European Super League and it's £6billion slush fund I really do think football has lost the plot.

Maybe all fans, clubs and administrators should take a look at the miracle of Clydebank FC and it's amazing supporters to bring it back down to earth and teach everyone what football really is at it's heart.

So many have lost touch with reality and the reliance of individuals big money to challenge. I doubt we’ll see a shift in this mentality any time soon sadly. Thankfully, we weren’t approached to take part, the money would have got the terracing finished :D

I’ll get your membership in the post asap mate :thumbup:

Tue May 11, 2021 2:15 pm

what do clydebank think of rangers and celtic joining the highland/lowland league?....should they be behind you in the queue?

Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:27 pm

blue note wrote:what do clydebank think of rangers and celtic joining the highland/lowland league?....should they be behind you in the queue?

Just clocked this, apologies. They should be well behind us in my opinion. In at the bottom was the way to go if it had to happen. Now we have chat of them being in the SPFL in 12 months time. Everyone else has to earn their place.