Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Celtic ask Cardiff once again '

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:15 am

CELTIC TARGET SUMMER MOVE FOR MURPHY

Monday 10th February 2020

Celtic are lining up a summer deal for Cardiff City's Josh Murphy after Neil Lennon tried to loan the £11m winger on transfer deadline day, according to the Scottish Sun On Sunday.

But Celtic say they will only be interested in signing the winger on a permanent deal if Cardiff allow Murphy to join them on loan first.

Re: ' Celtic ask Cardiff once again '

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:CELTIC TARGET SUMMER MOVE FOR MURPHY

Monday 10th February 2020

Celtic are lining up a summer deal for Cardiff City's Josh Murphy after Neil Lennon tried to loan the £11m winger on transfer deadline day, according to the Scottish Sun On Sunday.

But Celtic say they will only be interested in signing the winger on a permanent deal if Cardiff allow Murphy to join them on loan first.

How can he go on loan now ??

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:48 am

Was our club trying to put Murphy in the shop window.

As CELTIC totally deny any bids.

From a Celtic season ticket holder.

Andy Nelson:

Interesting Annis .... there is an abundance of wingers at the club at the minute but failing to hold 1st team places. The stumbling block maybe the price tag or did we even offer any money?

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:57 am

Notoriously cheap when chasing our players. Took Ledley, Loovens and Matthews off us on free transfers. Lets make them pay up this time if they want any of our players.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:00 pm

I'll pay for his flight :wave:
Waste of talent.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:22 pm

BlakeCCFC wrote:Notoriously cheap when chasing our players. Took Ledley, Loovens and Matthews off us on free transfers. Lets make them pay up this time if they want any of our players.

Loovens was sold for c£2.7m some of which had to go to his previous club. Ledley and Matthews were on frees though.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:21 pm

Sell him ASAP. I will drive him there.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:02 pm

Tell them to come back in the summer with a serious bid. I’d be surprised if they can afford to pay him as much as we do as even at Celtic and Rangers there is not as much money as most Championship teams, although I suppose they could give him a longer contract.

Clearly a talented player at his best but frustratingly inconsistent

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:01 pm

There is no way that Celtic are still asking about taking him on loan as the window is shut and if true would be a case for the FA, which they would try to sort out

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:08 am

Hate celtic. END of :bluebird: With a passion

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:15 am

Dont even know if City are in dialogue with them, EVIL SCUM OF A CLUB. Hopefully we are not. :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:06 am

plymouthbloobirds wrote:Dont even know if City are in dialogue with them, EVIL SCUM OF A CLUB. Hopefully we are not. :bluescarf:

I hate the Scum for what they stand for :evil: