Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Automatic Promotion?

Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:01 pm

Why not? Only 9 points off top. Aim for the stars....

Re: Automatic Promotion?

Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:49 pm

Looks as though 80 points could take you up still mean we would need to win 11/12 of our 15 games highly unlikely. But not impossible

Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:49 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Why not? Only 9 points off top. Aim for the stars....

What are you smoking and have you got any to spare? ;)

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:06 pm

Humour, pathos and irony wasted on many users of this form so feck my own worries n opinions...now on in it's positivity from me

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:18 pm

Pencoed wrote:Looks as though 80 points could take you up still mean we would need to win 11/12 of our 15 games highly unlikely. But not impossible

Nothing is impossible, but considering we have won 11 from 31 games, highly unlikely we can win 11 of our next 15 games. Worth a bet for anyone who thinks we have a chance. Can get over 200/1 on us finishing in top two.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:22 pm

Mad that there’s talk of automatic on this forum when we haven’t even broken past the playoff barrier yet and highly unlikely to if not for two wins in the next two games.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:23 pm

Right I'm off to Ladbrokes. Positive hat on. Don't wish me luck as it's got nowt to do with it ;)

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Simple answer is not a chance! :roll:

Sadly, we don't have a strike force consistent enough to propel us to promotion and are relying too much on individual goals from around the team. But the team are resilient; hence the high number of draws

I think Albert Adomah will make a positive difference, if he plays as he did on the weekend, so the Play-Offs should be our ambition this season and we'd have to be happy with that, surely? :D

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:34 pm

No. If we miss auto promo then play offs sadly a poor substitute

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:47 pm

Sven wrote:Simple answer is not a chance! :roll:

Sadly, we don't have a strike force consistent enough to propel us to promotion and are relying too much on individual goals from around the team. But the team are resilient; hence the high number of draws

I think Albert Adomah will make a positive difference, if he plays as he did on the weekend, so the Play-Offs should be our ambition this season and we'd have to be happy with that, surely? :D

I would be delighted and astonished if we reach the play offs Sven. Sadly, I still believe a top ten finish will be as good as it gets for us, but as long as we are in striking distance, it keeps the season interesting, at least for the time being. :bluescarf:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:50 pm

Playoffs would be a highly successful season regardless of the subsequent outcome.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:10 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Playoffs would be a highly successful season regardless of the subsequent outcome.

Cough!cough! I agree! :occasion5: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:25 pm

If we make the play offs then Harris would have hit his target. I don't see us pushing top 2.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:50 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Sven wrote:Simple answer is not a chance! :roll:

I would be delighted and astonished if we reach the play offs Sven. Sadly, I still believe a top ten finish will be as good as it gets for us, but as long as we are in striking distance, it keeps the season interesting, at least for the time being. :bluescarf:

Before saturdays win against Luton I said we will soon NOT be talking about a play off spot. Well I still feel that way. A one nil win against the bottom club is not enough to change my mind. Win our next 3 games against these low place teams then I will say we are in with a chance. As far an an automatic place well that right out of the book of "Living in Cloud Cookcoo land" by Vince Alm.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:19 am

Foghorn, I'm with you as long as it's not mathematically impossible, why not? Shame NH hadn't taken the reins a few games earlier. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: who knows?