Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

U23s, Morison, you know him well…

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:36 am

U23s, Morison, you know him well…

NEIL HARRIS:

"Really pleased. The due diligence to go into that appointment was huge. The outstanding level of candidates, I’m really impressed with the calibre. It’s a wonderful opportunity, that U23s role at the moment. To have Steve and Tom coming in is brilliant. Tom brings continuity, but also an understanding of the academy."

"Steve Morison brings a wealth of experience from the Football League, Premier League and international set-up with Wales. He is a young, hungry coach which shows we want a young, hungry squad. We need that continuity through the squad. He was my club captain at Millwall and is a leader. He has always wanted to coach and he knows what I want and he knows my thought process. I’ll only play the young players when they are ready."

Harris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: U23s, Morison, you know him well…

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:48 am

Category one?

NEIL HARRIS:

"Don’t know exact timescales."

"Takes a lot of planning and a lot of investment. That becomes a board decision. Would I support that? Yeah of course. It gives you the avenue to recruit players from a greater distance and the programme becomes bigger. It’s a huge investment ultimately what’s best for our club to get players in the academy in the first team? But you have to balance off the investment, have you got the right structure within the club? "

"The right amount of coaches? The right facilities to train to have bigger groups and more staff? It’s not just a simple decision, we’ll chuck money at that and that’s what we are doing. It does take time. We are in the process with the board and the academy to make decisions like that. But getting the coaching set-up correct, as we have, is a huge step forward for us."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.