Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MENDEZ-LAING / CONNOLLY / VASSELL NOT GOOD "

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:06 am

" MENDEZ-LAING / CONNOLLY / VESSELL NOT GOOD "

NEIL HARRIS:

Mendez-Laing?

"He’s gym-based, treatment room, that boring stage of exercise, long way off strength wise… Mendy’s not going to be on the grass for at least four weeks, maybe longer,looking at next season to actually play."

Connolly

'Conners is training every day, real issues with the ankles and body in general…. Good six weeks training on and off… won’t make it for tonight… likely to play first team in pre-season summer."

Vassell

"Isaac will not be rushed. He’s a sprinter. We need to build him slowly, hoping to get him in the group in two weeks to build him up, this season?? "
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " MENDEZ-LAING / CONNOLLY / VESSELL NOT GOOD "

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:18 am

Wouldn't be surprise if All of them leave City this Summer.

Re: " MENDEZ-LAING / CONNOLLY / VESSELL NOT GOOD "

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:21 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Wouldn't be surprise if All of them leave City this Summer.

Agree

Re: " MENDEZ-LAING / CONNOLLY / VASSELL NOT GOOD "

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:55 am

I think Vassel is playing the collect wages game.... think it’s a mental health issue with him, he’s afraid to play/train Incase he gets injured again

Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:17 pm

snoopystorm wrote:I think Vassel is playing the collect wages game.... think it’s a mental health issue with him, he’s afraid to play/train Incase he gets injured again

what a naughty thing to say with absolutely nothing to back it up

Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:22 pm

snoopystorm wrote:I think Vassel is playing the collect wages game.... think it’s a mental health issue with him, he’s afraid to play/train Incase he gets injured again

a mental health issue..?
is this just Vassell or is it your diagnosis for all the injured players .

Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:34 pm

Bit nasty there snoop!!!

Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:35 pm

Please do not judge about mental health

Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:41 pm

In snoopy defence maybe he meant a mental issue as in a mental barrier due to the previous injuries. Obviously assuming mental illness inappropriate

Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:42 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

what a stupid naughty thing to say with absolutely nothing to back it up

100% agree.

Beyond stupid.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:05 pm

As somebody who suffers with mental health issues this isn’t a stupid comment.... obviously he is suffering with some kind of mental issue... saw him Friday night against reading and seemed perfectly fine, a spring in his step and seemed ok as he ran up the stairs 2 at a time.....

Any mental issue is classed as Mental Health so yes I stick by my original comment, anybody wants to call me stupid can inbox me and discuss this like adults not the keyboard warriors you want to be :thumbup:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:07 pm

dogfound wrote:

a mental health issue..?

Connlly’s issues are well documented with his last chance ops in the summer, he can’t play at the moment and that would have a detrimental effect on his mental health..... anybody who can’t do what they love quickly gets down... constantly feeling down leads to depression..... you were saying??

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:13 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
dogfound wrote:

a mental health issue..?

Connlly’s issues are well documented with his last chance ops in the summer, he can’t play at the moment and that would have a detrimental effect on his mental health..... anybody who can’t do what they love quickly gets down... constantly feeling down leads to depression..... you were saying??

yes i was saying you cant just go around determining that everyone has mental health issues..because they negotiated steps a bit better than you think an injured player should....
guess what ,most people have lots of things go wrong in their lives and deal fine with it....most its not the small minority …
.. and you've throw Connolly in too now... waw.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:18 pm

snoopystorm wrote:As somebody who suffers with mental health issues this isn’t a stupid comment.... obviously he is suffering with some kind of mental issue... saw him Friday night against reading and seemed perfectly fine, a spring in his step and seemed ok as he ran up the stairs 2 at a time.....

Any mental issue is classed as Mental Health so yes I stick by my original comment, anybody wants to call me f*cking stupid can inbox me and discuss this like adults not the keyboard warriors you want to be :thumbup:

cant believe youve doubled down on this nonsense ffs :laughing5:

"he looked fine climbing the stairs = must have mental health issues"

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:22 pm

dogfound wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
dogfound wrote:

a mental health issue..?

yes i was saying you cant just go around determining that everyone has mental health issues..because they negotiated steps a bit better than you think an injured player should....
guess what ,most people have lots of things go wrong in their lives and deal fine with it....most its not the small minority …

Ffs... the last few posts I’ve commented/started you’ve attacked me with your replies (my parking ticket for example)... what’s your issue?? Thought this was a forum where we could express our views??

Having personal experience of an injury that stopped me playing football got to me, I dealt with the injury which has left me disabled but the mental side of it lasted for years as was never treated and was never spoken about in the 90’s.... so yes I have a slight personal insight into that area...

As for bringing Connolly into the discussion, the topic is about Vassel, Connolly and MDL isn’t it??? So warranted that I mentioned his name, Connolly has been used as an example to point out that the kind of things he’s dealing with COULD cause a person to feel down and lead to depression.....

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:23 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:As somebody who suffers with mental health issues this isn’t a stupid comment.... obviously he is suffering with some kind of mental issue... saw him Friday night against reading and seemed perfectly fine, a spring in his step and seemed ok as he ran up the stairs 2 at a time.....

Any mental issue is classed as Mental Health so yes I stick by my original comment, anybody wants to call me f*cking stupid can inbox me and discuss this like adults not the keyboard warriors you want to be :thumbup:

Looked fine climbing stairs - not a physical issue

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:24 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

because all physical issues stop you climbing stairs....

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:27 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Looked fine climbing stairs - not a physical issue[/quote

Leg muscle injuries do

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:31 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
dogfound wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
dogfound wrote:

a mental health issue..?

Ffs... the last few posts I’ve commented/started you’ve attacked me with your replies (my parking ticket for example)... what’s your issue?? Thought this was a forum where we could express our views??

Having personal experience of an injury that stopped me playing football got to me, I dealt with the injury which has left me disabled but the mental side of it lasted for years as was never treated and was never spoken about in the 90’s.... so yes I have a slight personal insight into that area...

As for bringing Connolly into the discussion, the topic is about Vassel, Connolly and MDL isn’t it??? So warranted that I mentioned his name, Connolly has been used as an example to point out that the kind of things he’s dealing with COULD cause a person to feel down and lead to depression.....

no mate.. there are also posts you've made more recently that I have agreed with.. I agree or not depending on the post .
but getting back to your original post. you both accused a player of playing the pick up the wages game , and having mental health issues...
your correct about mental health being very much ignored ,pretty much for ever. but that does mean everyone that gets depressed over something has a mental health issue.. life has ups and downs and some ride the ups and downs better than others..

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:32 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Looked fine climbing stairs - not a physical issue[/quote

Leg muscle injuries do

full time physio are you mate? what a mess

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:34 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Leg muscle injuries do

full time physio are you mate? what a mess[/quote]

No mate but do have a muscle wastage of my left thigh caused from a trapped nerve playing GK.... again personal experience of leg injuries and stair climbing......

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:47 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Leg muscle injuries do

No mate but do have a muscle wastage of my left thigh caused from a trapped nerve playing GK.... again personal experience of leg injuries and stair climbing......[/quote]

you have personal experience on A leg injury! jesus. not all injuries are the same. something skewed in your way of thinking

Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:55 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

what a stupid f*cking thing to say with absolutely nothing to back it up

Totally agree.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:58 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:As somebody who suffers with mental health issues this isn’t a stupid comment.... obviously he is suffering with some kind of mental issue... saw him Friday night against reading and seemed perfectly fine, a spring in his step and seemed ok as he ran up the stairs 2 at a time.....

Leg muscle injuries do

No mate but do have a muscle wastage of my left thigh caused from a trapped nerve playing GK.... again personal experience of leg injuries and stair climbing......

I have had two football related knee ops and have 3 anchors holding my knee cap in place. I can skip up stairs like they are nothing and do various other physical activities but I am nowhere near fit enough to play a game of football. You are talking complete shit mate and your backing it up is just embarrassing tbh.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:07 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:In snoopy defence maybe he meant a mental issue as in a mental barrier due to the previous injuries. Obviously assuming mental illness inappropriate

Of course, he did, you can tell he didn't mean offence!!!

Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:10 pm

Bluebina wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:In snoopy defence maybe he meant a mental issue as in a mental barrier due to the previous injuries. Obviously assuming mental illness inappropriate

Of course, he did, you can tell he didn't mean offence!!!

:laughing6: Maybe not just continued reading :laughing6:

Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:48 pm

Keep Mendez-Laing and get rid of the others.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:13 pm

Connelly has played 6 games in the last three years.How did we give Jazz and him another year. Vassell is going the same way, surely these are the players that have to go in the summer!

Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:03 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:Connelly has played 6 games in the last three years.How did we give Jazz and him another year. Vassell is going the same way, surely these are the players that have to go in the summer!

The Committee decides all that and they did it, but in my opinion have NO real knowledge of football.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:57 pm

Shame about Vassell from what i seen i think he could be a good player if he stayed fit, seems to have a knack making the run at the right time. Of course if you cant run you aint much good ;)