NEIL HARRIS" "We're not going to get carried away." "Eve

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:58 am

NEIL HARRIS"

"We're not going to get carried away."

"Every year there does seem to be a team that does have a little bit of a surge but we're on a good run of form. I've talked really honestly about turning a lot of draws into wins. We did that at Luton. We found a way, with a reliable goalscorer in Tommo and we've won again."

"We're maneuvering ourselves into a nice position, but you have to keep doing it at this level."

"We have a points total we want to get to give us a chance of getting to the play-offs. But it's just about winning games. What I know about the group in there is the winning mentality in a lot of those lads. They've won promotion before and they want to do it again.

"But at the moment that's a long way off for us."

The selection headache that awaits Harris

The form of Will Vaulks has been a big topic for discussion in recent weeks.

Having been on the fringes of the first team set-up since his arrival in the summer, the midfielder was even tipped to leave the Cardiff City Stadium in January.

Now, the former Rotherham man is in the best form of his Cardiff City career. Perhaps even his career full stop.

Vaulks worked well alongside the tenacious Marlon Pack on Wednesday night, pulling the strings in the middle of the park and netting an excellent goal.

Having initially struggled to break into the side, it's now hugely difficult to see how can be left out, such is his newfound importance.

It's the role that was once occupied so brilliantly by Joe Ralls, who remains on the road back to full fitness, and will no doubt be waiting in the wings soon.

And, Harris admits he may well have a selection headache on his hands when it comes to options in the middle of the park.

"We're really strong in there. Really, really strong. Rallsy will hopefully be back in the training group at the weekend and you get to the stage where there's a competition for places and those who've got the shirts, it's down to them to lose them through form, injury suspension and for someone else to grab it.

"At the moment Will and Marlon are looking a really good pair. Rallsy's a super player and Leo [Bacuna] has been very good for me."
Attachments
0_Huddersfield-Town-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg
0_Huddersfield-Town-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg (24.83 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat