Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Wales Euro 2020 ' For info / questions etc

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:15 am

barry boy wrote:
bluecityblue wrote:Has anyone had any joy booking the overnight train from Tbilisi to Baku? I’ve sent a reservation request to Geotrend.com but no reply yet.

I think you can only book 10 days before ?

see https://www.seat61.com/Caucasus.htm#Tbilisi_to_Baku

Train 38 leaves Baku every day at 20:40 arriving Tbilisi at 08:55.
Buy a ticket online...
You can buy a ticket from Baku to Tbilisi - You can book a maximum of 10 days in advance.

or You can buy at the station, but passport will be required. If there are no sleepers left, buy a seats ticket and you may be able to upgrade on the train.

My mate has had a reply from Geotrend, the tickets go on sale 40 days in advance, but they charge double the price. There’s 4 of us going so hoping to get a 4 bed cabin $60 each, or $34 if bought direct from train company. My worry was they’d sell out but I can’t see that happening now, as long as we book as soon as they go on sale.

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:16 am

epping blue wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:
Aberbeeg Blues wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Bluedodo wrote:
Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Could be in doubt with the Corona virus outbreak now entrenched in Italy. Six nations in doubt plus talks of Japan considering cancelling the Olympics.
Ospreys and Ulster not travelling to Italy this weekend

Not a chance.

I think that cancellation of the Euro's is almost inevitable. Its going to get worse before it gets better and they cant wait in the hope that things improve. I hope I'm wrong but if it continues to spread across Europe, the tournament will be called within the next couple of weeks.

Bluedodo I think your being very naive if you think there is no chance whatsoever of it being called off. The Oympics are the second biggest sporting event on the planet ( after football World Cup) if that is cancelled there is not a hope in hell the Euros will go ahead.
Not many Governments in the World would want thousands and thousands of foreigners travelling ( with a high risk of investing their own people) to their Countries.
The North of Italy is currently resembling a Ghost Country as we speak ( and this has been in only last 4 days)

From the IOC:

""As far as we all know you're going to be in Tokyo," Pound said. "All indications are at this stage that it will be business as usual. So keep focused on your sport and be sure that the IOC is not going to send you into a pandemic situation."

People are scaremongering about something that is months off. Does the above sound like the Olympics are going to be cancelled at this point?

No intention to scare monger but they don't have months to decide on this. They cant leave this until half way through May to pull the plug. They'll probably need to make the decision on what happens in the next couple of weeks and if China appears to have controlled it by shutting everything down then that's what we can expect here. That could be 2 weeks or 2 months, nobody knows, which is where the difficulty lies.

Pissed off that a lot of money and planning could go down the drain but realistic that chances to watch Wales in tournament football don't come along that often. If I'm scared, its at 58 I realise I may not get the chance again.

do not see it as being a scare monger. it is something that could happen. I have put some of my making arrangements on hold to see what develops. and hope it all settles down

Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:08 pm

Turkey has closed one of its borders with Azerbaijan

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:42 pm

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Turkey has closed one of its borders with Azerbaijan

They only have a crossing into that enclave, separated from the majority of Azerbaijan by Armenia. The only other land crossing into that part is from Iran which is probably what its about. Everybody in the region is shit scared of a influx of Iranians apart from Azerbaijan who seem happy to leave their borders with Iran open. If we had a game in Baku next week or even next month I wouldn't be going. Lets hope for a miraculous improvement.

Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:14 pm

BBC news at 10 tonight confirmed amongst other sporting events that the Euros are now in serious doubt

Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:40 pm

The Euros won't get postponed they will be Cancelled as the world cup qualifiers will be in full throw next year, so there won't be a window to play the tournament. Unless they decide just to use one host nation and that will probably be England as the stadiums are ready.