Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Today’s Stats ‘

Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:43 pm

Cardiff City 2 Wigan 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Today’s Stats ‘

Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:53 pm

35% possession is not exactly inspiring for the HOME side

Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:56 pm

35% possession is not exactly inspiring for the HOME side

Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Have a look at the efforts on goal though. City have often won with that sort of possession level. It’s what they do with it that counts and apart from the referee Ward again missed a decent chance.

No stat for wrong refereeing errors; that would be 75/25 in Wigan’s favour including all the several penalty area decisions.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:00 pm

To be fair our possession stats are much improved under Harris but today not so good, Wigan started much better than us, we hardly touched the ball for 10 minutes apart from scoring. 35 -65 surprises me though.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:24 pm

Possession is pointless. If you play as a counter attacking side. It means zero. People get too caught up on it

Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:35 pm

I don't know...my ex missus had all my possessions

Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:09 am

bluebird7291 wrote:Possession is pointless. If you play as a counter attacking side. It means zero. People get too caught up on it

Totally agree. Sometimes its the side that is struggling to do anything that has the highest possession rate. Cant find a way of getting past the half way line so just knock it around at the back. A couple of years ago Swansea had 80 % possession in the first half against Newcastle and one shot and the first time any Swansea player touched the ball in the Newcastle box was after 30 minutes.