Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cardiff City boss Neil Harris seethes “

Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:47 pm

Cardiff City boss Neil Harris seethes as referee gets 'four big decisions' wrong against Wigan Athletic

The Bluebirds had a number of important decisions go against them against the Latics, with Neil Harris believes cost them two points

Saturday 15th February 2020

NEIL HARRIS:

"I don’t think the stadium was too chuffed," Harris said of Morrison's chalked-out winner.

"I’ve had the opportunity to see it back from a couple of different angles. I’ve seen an experienced keeper miss a punch and then scramble to try and make a second contact.

"We surround him but he’s on his way down trying to get back up, moving into my players.

"The referee’s got a decision in the heat of the moment. He’s got a decision to make in the first half, a penalty decision, which was correct. But he's made a decision in the second half where we’ve had a shout for a penalty when Kipre moves his arm to the ball. Does it hit his arm? It’s hard to tell but he’s not given it to us.

"And then at the end he’s not given us a third decision. We’re frustrated three big decisions didn’t go our way. It was a game we fully deserved to win, we had the much better chances.

"It was a sucker punch at the end which has deflated a really good week for us – seven points but it should have been nine.”

On the Evans challenge, he said: "It’s a delicate one because you never want to see a player sent off. If it was VAR, it’s a red card all day long.

"We’re talking about 10 seconds into the game and it’s a very dangerous tackle. Does Evans just get his timing wrong? Probably. Do you expect a referee to send a player off after 15 seconds? No you don’t. Is it a red card challenge? Yes it is.

"When it’s on TV tonight and highlighted, I think people will see it’s a really dangerous tackle. So you can make that four big decisions [against Cardiff]."

Midfielder Marlon Pack conceded that Brooks' job is a difficult one, but agreed with the assessment that there were 'major decisions' the official got wrong.

"It's a tough decision for a referee, especially in those conditions today," Pack said after the match.

"Probably there was a few that he got wrong, a few major ones.

"Early on, the tackle on Will is dangerous. When we talk about timings, at the end, 90th minute, is he going to give a free-kick? Probably yes. Is he going to send somebody off in the first couple of seconds? Probably not.

"If that had happened later on in the match it's probably a red card. But it's a tough job for a referee.

"As much as I will be moaning at him on the field I won't ever have a go after the game because we know how tough it is."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Cardiff City boss Neil Harris seethes “

Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:51 am

Red card. Time in game irrelevant.

Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:39 pm

I am sick and tired of these refereeing decisions going against the smaller clubs, like us. If I got so many decisions like these wrong, in my job, I would be sleeping on the streets. The question has to be asked and has been asked elsewhere, is it just incompetence or is it something worse?

Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:14 pm

Russianblue wrote:I am sick and tired of these refereeing decisions going against the smaller clubs, like us. If I got so many decisions like these wrong, in my job, I would be sleeping on the streets. The question has to be asked and has been asked elsewhere, is it just incompetence or is it something worse?

You on about Swansea? They really are a smaller club. :thumbup:

Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:19 pm

...and by a massive margin

Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Russianblue wrote:I am sick and tired of these refereeing decisions going against the smaller clubs, like us. If I got so many decisions like these wrong, in my job, I would be sleeping on the streets. The question has to be asked and has been asked elsewhere, is it just incompetence or is it something worse?

Cardiff a smaller club than Wigan! You must be joking! We should have still been able to beat Wigan at home whoever referred the game! Those two lost points could cost our chances of getting into the top six!