Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wigan manager Paul Cook admitted Cardiff had

Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:54 am

Wigan manager Paul Cook admitted Cardiff had reason to feel "aggrieved because of the last decision".

And while Harris said Brooks is a good referee, he felt his side were wronged by his decision to disallow what would have been a late winning goal for what was deemed to be a foul on Wigan's former Cardiff goalkeeper David Marshall.

"I've had the opportunity to see it back from a couple of different angles. I've seen an experienced keeper miss a punch and then scramble to try and make a second contact," said Harris.

"We surround him but he's on his way down trying to get back up, moving into my players.

"The referee's got a decision in the heat of the moment. He's got a decision to make in the first half, a penalty decision, which was correct.

"But he's made a decision in the second half where we've had a shout for a penalty when [Cedric] Kipre moves his arm to the ball. Does it hit his arm? It's hard to tell but he's not given it to us.

"And then at the end he's not given us a third decision. We're frustrated four [including the Evans foul] big decisions didn't go our way.

"It was a sucker punch at the end which has deflated a really good week for us - seven points but it should have been nine."

Re: Wigan manager Paul Cook admitted Cardiff had

Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:41 am

Wigan Athletic manager Paul Cook: "I thought it was a fair result, but Cardiff may have felt aggrieved because of the last decision.

"The game huffed and puffed without ever getting going, but it's been a long week for both sides.

"I'm delighted for Keiffer. To come down to Cardiff and score two goals and play really well in the game, he can be really pleased.

"We just keep going and believing in what we do. If we win games, we will stay in this division. It's that simple."

Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:Wigan Athletic manager Paul Cook: "I thought it was a fair result, but Cardiff may have felt aggrieved because of the last decision.

"The game huffed and puffed without ever getting going, but it's been a long week for both sides.

"I'm delighted for Keiffer. To come down to Cardiff and score two goals and play really well in the game, he can be really pleased.

"We just keep going and believing in what we do. If we win games, we will stay in this division. It's that simple."

Marshall reaction after the goal was not to complain to the ref but to kick the ball away in anger. The actions of some one who feels they have been beaten by a last second goal not that of someone who thinks he has been fouled.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:38 pm

The referee and both linesmen were really pathetic. How do they get games. :banghead: