Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Brown Envelopes

Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:30 pm

Who would have thought that after all of these years that football would still be suffering from brown envelope problems? I suppose that you have to consider that there are so many father son/daughter/cousin/brother relationships, with the father being in professional football and the relative having done nothing but to be a relative. How does that relative get to be the agent of so many players? I wonder. Who is paying who to do what? Instead of disappearing in this digital age, this problem has got worse and worse, with agents - as we know only too well - involved and prepared to do/say anything for MONEY! Those managers that say 'I love the club' (when they are manager of that club) in most cases are no better than prostitutes, that love the client that they we are with. The only people that love the club are the true fans, that work hard all week in order to have the money to spend and watch the club that they love. For managers and their 'hangers on' it still seems that it isn't enough to be paid extortionate wages, there has to be the brown envelope. When will the Tax man and the football authorities get their act together - after all much of this stuff is criminal! Perhaps more evidence of the this sort of behaviour will come to the surface in the future and will be of great interest to Bluebirds fans.

Re: Brown Envelopes

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:11 pm

That's a very interesting second post Russianblue.

I wonder who you could be referring to?

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:20 am

Multi alert.Still we could be West Spam-loadsa bent deals and their relegation fodder :lol:

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:39 pm

Probably the most boring post I’ve ever had the misfortune to read on here. And by some considerable distance.

Ban yourself for the sake of mankind.