Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ball boys

Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:11 pm

Not blaming them for any results this season but is there any point in having any at ours?

Time and time again this season I notice their sat behind the advertising board there seems no logic in that whatsoever as the players or stewards seem to get the ball more than they do? Even better for the third game this season their not even in their areas when the second half starts, always appear in the 49th/50th minute.. in front of the grandstand a steward was running to get the ball.

Random post but just seems like it's pointless having them they do nothing for 90 minutes, surely I can't be the only one who noticed this?

Re: Ball boys

Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:19 pm

I agree. The ball boys seem totally disinterested in the game. Lots of clubs take the time to educate their ball boys on how to assist the team. Things like prompt return of the ball for the home team and a much slower return for the visiting team. Also I noticed yesterday that instead of giving the towel to Vaulks they threw it and it landed on the floor hence getting the towel wet and nullifying keeping the ball dry. Come on City. Can someone show the ball boys how to do their job properly.

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Port Talbot Blue wrote:I agree. The ball boys seem totally disinterested in the game. Lots of clubs take the time to educate their ball boys on how to assist the team. Things like prompt return of the ball for the home team and a much slower return for the visiting team. Also I noticed yesterday that instead of giving the towel to Vaulks they threw it and it landed on the floor hence getting the towel wet and nullifying keeping the ball dry. Come on City. Can someone show the ball boys how to do their job properly.

I don't want to come across petty in anyway posting it but it's irritating especially when there is no point in them being sat behind them advertising board when the ball is only gonna land in front of it 9 times out of 10.

Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:37 pm

Have thought for some time that the balloons are a waste of time being behind the hoardings. Probably a health and safety requirement. Pointless having them behind the hoardings. The fans can get the ball back quicker.

Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:21 pm

Yesterday Vaulks was shouting at one for the towel and it never came,ended Up using his jersey.Its a nice experience for these youngsters but they still got a job to do.

Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:07 pm

Thewifestheboss wrote:Have thought for some time that the balloons are a waste of time being behind the hoardings. Probably a health and safety requirement. Pointless having them behind the hoardings. The fans can get the ball back quicker.

Wouldn't say it's health and safety considering every club up and down the country have them sat on buckets in front of the advertising boards, I just think it slows everything down like getting the ball to the player taking the throwing quicker and goal kicks for the opposition, it's comical watching someone 4ft reaching over the board to get the ball or climbing over.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:06 pm

surely we're not actually having a pop at kids on this board now? :roll:

Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:39 pm

They are frustratingly poor, and have been for at least the last 10 years.

And it is NOT a criticism of these kids but how they are managed.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:53 pm

I forget who but it was in recent years that a manager made the youth players be the ball boys as they should know when to speed the ball up or slow it down.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:19 pm

splottthedog wrote:surely we're not actually having a pop at kids on this board now? :roll:

As you can see in the posts I am not the only one who is alone on this.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:51 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
splottthedog wrote:surely we're not actually having a pop at kids on this board now? :roll:

As you can see in the posts I am not the only one who is alone on this.

its something a lot of clubs take more seriously than ours..Swansea even brought an adult ballboy in to help get them to the league cup final. :o