Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Points needed for 6th place

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:56 pm

75 points is the average amount of points required to finish 6th in the Championship.
On this basis we would need probably another 9 wins from now.

Re: Points needed for 6th place

Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:07 pm

The playoffs will depend on the next three games .
We play stoke where a win could take us into 6th then Forest and brentford who would be directly above us. In reality we probably need to win all three then it will be on. Anything less than 2 wins and we can say goodbye

Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:32 pm

Anything can happen in this League - Take 1 game at a time and let's see where we are ....Winning Helps !! ;)

Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:17 pm

39 points left. Auto promo please

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:35 am

Can’t see us beating stoke away to be fair.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:55 am

The league is particularly inconsistent this year and teams in the top six are losing to all sorts of sides. You only have to look at the weekend just gone. The average of 73 may not be required and 6th place may even scrape in with less than 70. That said I still don't think City are quite good enough this season. The key to it is games against the top six and winning them. Forest, Brentford and Leeds are at home which I feel more confident at getting wins. Fulham, Preston and Bristol away I am not so sure of.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:52 pm

You need to pick up an average of 10 points from each group of 6 games. If we can set something better like 67 points or better with 4 games left we will have a great chance.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:49 pm

The Championship is even more difficult to call this year than usual because even the top 2 are dropping points that you just don't expect.

I think we might fall short this season but 5+ points out of our next 3 games and things will get very interesting.