Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gaffer shows his metal?

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:12 am

Quite alot of speculation over the Bennett sub so was it the Gaffer saying my way or the highway?

After all,It'll only take another couple of draws before the instant orgasm brigade want Harris out again so why shouldn't the boss stamp his authority on the squad.I think the new LB will get a run-out for the u23's again this week and if he comes through that may well be involved this weekend.

Re: Gaffer shows his metal?

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:40 pm

Harris has got a lot right lately however I thought his post match reaction about the Bennett questioning poor, very poor.

If there is an issue then I dont think that would have helped the situation.

I think his reaction has brought up more questions than answers which will add more pressure to the situation, fans and media will make their own stories up etc. Saying its not tactical and not an injury but it was just done because I can is pretty pathetic really. Infact a lot of what he says in interviews seems to be nonsense.

He doesnt seem to know how to handle the press really other than a quick text book response.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:29 pm

[quote="2blue2handle"]Harris has got a lot right lately however I thought his post match reaction about the Bennett questioning poor, very poor.

I think his reaction has brought up more questions than answers which will add more pressure to the situation, fans and media will make their own stories up etc. Saying its not tactical and not an injury but it was just done because I can is pretty pathetic really. Infact a lot of what he says in interviews seems to be nonsense.

He doesnt seem to know how to handle the press really other than a quick text book response.[/quote

There are too many managers around who are press savvy and good at soundbites. Who cares if NH is not one of them. All that matters is whether he's able to get the team to perform and pick up pints. He's proven so far that he is capable of doing that so the press thing should not be an issue.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:31 pm

That should read "pick up POINTS" lol.

mmm maybe I was right first time.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:58 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Harris has got a lot right lately however I thought his post match reaction about the Bennett questioning poor, very poor.

He doesnt seem to know how to handle the press really other than a quick text book response.[/quote

There are too many managers around who are press savvy and good at soundbites. Who cares if NH is not one of them. All that matters is whether he's able to get the team to perform and pick up pints. He's proven so far that he is capable of doing that so the press thing should not be an issue.

I partly agree i've not commented on results on here which have improved.

The OP asked was discussing the Bennett situation and how it was handled and just gave my take on it.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:23 pm

He took him off because he had a shocking half. Nothing wrong with that.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:01 pm

True and NH said he's not afraid to make necessary changes

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:50 pm

Good on Harris, Bennet said he wants competition so now he has to step up as he had a poor one Saturday.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:01 pm

Manager managing in my opinion, no one player should be bigger than the club, team or manager

Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:16 pm

It’s the press who are poor.. Harris is just operating at their level. They must be happy with it, because they publish it. Harris knows it’s rubbish, so do we. Maybe he doesn’t like them.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:12 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:Manager managing in my opinion, no one player should be bigger than the club, team or manager

Absolutely spot on! What do people want from him? It's a results game and imho he is doing fine to date, but some will slate him no matter what!! We haven't lost in a while,so they can't really slag him off for that,so this will do :roll: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:53 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
BAMBA CREW wrote:Manager managing in my opinion, no one player should be bigger than the club, team or manager

Absolutely spot on! What do people want from him? It's a results game and imho he is doing fine to date, but some will slate him no matter what!! We haven't lost in a while,so they can't really slag him off for that,so this will do :roll: :old: :bluebird:

He called a dog a bitch five years ago, horrific man.........

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Can’t understand why he didn’t put Sanderson on instead of bacuna, but I wonder if he’s noticed we seem to concede a few goals down bennetts side.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Can’t understand why he didn’t put Sanderson on instead of bacuna, but I wonder if he’s noticed we seem to concede a few goals down bennetts side.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:33 pm

what makes you think Bennett thinks that, odd comment.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Didn't say Bennett thought anything, Harris is the manager and at the end of the day, what he says should go

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:59 pm

BAMBA CREW wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Didn't say Bennett thought anything, Harris is the manager and at the end of the day, what he says should go

so.where did bigger than the club come from, I'm lost.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:48 am

2blue2handle wrote:
BAMBA CREW wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

so.where did bigger than the club come from, I'm lost.

Just the concept that managers shouldn't be allowed to take a player off without needing to justify it to everyone. Wrong choice of words

Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:35 pm

Mettle

Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:57 pm

speechbubble wrote:Mettle
Da iawn.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:10 pm

nubbsy wrote:He took him off because he had a shocking half. Nothing wrong with that.

Mate, I think Bennett is on borrowed time under Harris, as he doesn't conform to the style and end product required by the manager. There will be a reason he brought certain new blood in and Bennett (who gives the ball away far too often upfield) may well be feeling the pressure

Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:45 pm

Sven wrote:
nubbsy wrote:He took him off because he had a shocking half. Nothing wrong with that.

Mate, I think Bennett is on borrowed time under Harris, as he doesn't conform to the style and end product required by the manager. There will be a reason he brought certain new blood in and Bennett (who gives the ball away far too often upfield) may well be feeling the pressure

I agree, I dont think Bennett has the pace and energy he is looking for with his fullbacks.