Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fans will not be going to the Leeds game (Not confirmed yet)

Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:19 am

You can wait for an official announcement later on if you like, but this is for anyone who is about to make plans for Sunday.

Don't bother making those plans.

Re: Fans will not be going to the Leeds game (Not confirmed

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:59 am

LeonSDC wrote:You can wait for an official announcement later on if you like, but this is for anyone who is about to make plans for Sunday.

It confirmed but don’t bother making plans?
Don’t try to be in the know mate and let’s wait for official announcement today

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:50 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
LeonSDC wrote:You can wait for an official announcement later on if you like, but this is for anyone who is about to make plans for Sunday.

I haven’t said or implied I’m in the know. I am stating the obvious at this point. I do a bit more than just watch BBC and ITV news in the evening like a lot of people do. This is a lot worse than so many people realise. This has and is going to change the world as we know it.

I’m simply warning people not to make football arrangements on Sunday because fans almost certainly won’t be able to go. Ontop of that, why would you even want to go? Look past football a second, do you not see what’s going on in the world around you? We are basically in a war. That’s how this is going to be like. Everyone will be told to stay in doors etc. It’s very very scary and it’s not even a thing that anyone can say is over hyped now. We are way beyond that point. UK Government is about to go from Containment phase, to Delay phase. If you do some research you’d see.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:16 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

is not official but the Times have reported there will be an announcement this morning..
I did put it on the leeds home thread....

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:53 am

dogfound wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

is not official but the Times have reported there will be an announcement this morning..
I did put it on the leeds home thread....

Yes bbc are also saying there is a meeting about it this morning, so at some time today there will be an announcement, depends how long the meeting goes on for :thumbup:

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:36 am

Well it's being reported on mirror website and others announcement poss as soon as today prem fixtures to be played behind closed doors and possibly other leagues too

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:13 am

LeonSDC wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I haven’t said or implied I’m in the know. I am stating the obvious at this point. I do a bit more than just watch BBC and ITV news in the evening like a lot of people do. This is a lot worse than so many people realise. This has and is going to change the world as we know it.

I’m simply warning people not to make football arrangements on Sunday because fans almost certainly won’t be able to go. Ontop of that, why would you even want to go? Look past football a second, do you not see what’s going on in the world around you? We are basically in a war. That’s how this is going to be like. Everyone will be told to stay in doors etc. It’s very very scary and it’s not even a thing that anyone can say is over hyped now. We are way beyond that point. UK Government is about to go from Containment phase, to Delay phase. If you do some research you’d see.

Fair enough mate, I misunderstood. I do understand and I wasn't implying that football should be taken more seriously, just think we wait now til it's all official. May well be cancelled Sunday.
Apologies if I came across flippant :thumbup:

Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:00 pm

[/quote]
Look past football a second, do you not see what’s going on in the world around you? We are basically in a war. That’s how this is going to be like. Everyone will be told to stay in doors etc. It’s very very scary and it’s not even a thing that anyone can say is over hyped now. We are way beyond that point. UK Government is about to go from Containment phase, to Delay phase. If you do some research you’d see.[/quote]

Crikey, change the world as we know it, basically in a war..

You must be a youngster, at least I hope you are as that is one of the most over dramatic posts I have ever seen on this board

I suppose its the modern world.

97% of people who get it WILL be and have been absolutely fine, it's 2020 not 1919 and whilst it's obviously not good and causing some concern let's more people die daily of far more illnesses than this one.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:33 pm

Agreed, some seem to think doomsday is upon us!!!

Yes, it's serious but the way some media ( and public ) are stockpiling, shunning people, etc is weird.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:26 pm

LeonSDC wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

jesus wept.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:35 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Look past football a second, do you not see what’s going on in the world around you? We are basically in a war. That’s how this is going to be like. Everyone will be told to stay in doors etc. It’s very very scary and it’s not even a thing that anyone can say is over hyped now. We are way beyond that point. UK Government is about to go from Containment phase, to Delay phase. If you do some research you’d see.[/quote]

You must be a youngster, at least I hope you are as that is one of the most over dramatic posts I have ever seen on this board

97% of people who get it WILL be and have been absolutely fine, it's 2020 not 1919 and whilst it's obviously not good and causing some concern let's more people die daily of far more illnesses than this one.[/quote]

I think the powers that be are being very cautious because they are not really sure where this is going..
problem is the effect its having on some people going into hysterics.
at the moment about 4% of cases have ended in death but god knows how many un reported cases there are.. and how many of these deaths were people in a real bad way were terminal and who were going to die the minute they caught any sort of virus..

Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:37 pm

If they allow the rugby to go ahead tomorrow I can’t see the justification for stopping fans going Sunday.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:57 pm

bluecityblue wrote:If they allow the rugby to go ahead tomorrow I can’t see the justification for stopping fans going Sunday.

After this weekend I reckon games will be postponed here. Schools will be shutting around Easter with an extra week or two thrown in.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:02 pm

goats wrote:
bluecityblue wrote:If they allow the rugby to go ahead tomorrow I can’t see the justification for stopping fans going Sunday.

After this weekend I reckon games will be postponed here. Schools will be shutting around Easter with an extra week or two thrown in.

Boris speech on now
No schools closing as yet, sporting events not being cancelled as yet. Seems to be focussing more on elderley and those with existing health issues.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:05 pm

Leeds or more likely Charlton could be our last home game for a while

Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:06 pm

bluecityblue wrote:Leeds or more likely Charlton could be our last home game for a while

You could be right there mate.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:09 pm

LeonSDC wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

This has and is going to change the world as we know it

What nonsense. You think the world has never seen spread of a new virus before and not got past it ?

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:26 pm

Where is Roathie when you need an expert...

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:38 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Where is Roathie when you need an expert...

Post of the week :lol:
Laughed out loud at that.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:47 pm

Great inside knowledge that. Any idea who we are signing in the summer? Ha ha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:53 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

He has had a nightmare here.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:56 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Look past football a second, do you not see what’s going on in the world around you? We are basically in a war. That’s how this is going to be like. Everyone will be told to stay in doors etc. It’s very very scary and it’s not even a thing that anyone can say is over hyped now. We are way beyond that point. UK Government is about to go from Containment phase, to Delay phase. If you do some research you’d see.

97% of people who get it WILL be and have been absolutely fine, it's 2020 not 1919 and whilst it's obviously not good and causing some concern let's more people die daily of far more illnesses than this one.[/quote]

I think the powers that be are being very cautious because they are not really sure where this is going..
problem is the effect its having on some people going into hysterics.
at the moment about 4% of cases have ended in death but god knows how many un reported cases there are.. and how many of these deaths were people in a real bad way were terminal and who were going to die the minute they caught any sort of virus..[/quote]

Absolutely mate, I think the government have got it spot on so far, Inc today.

It's the general public, mainly the youngsters and some media that are in hysterics, most older folk I speak to ain't batting an eyelid, they have seen it all before, this is obviously a nasty virus thar could get worse but people saying things like we are at war and the world will never be the same again is mental ain't it.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:17 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Where is Roathie when you need an expert...

advising leon by the looks of it.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:32 pm

How embarrassing!

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:55 pm

This went well

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:55 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

Good job some of these youngsters were not around when there were half a dozen things you could catch that would potentially kill you. As a youngster I remember visiting my cousin in hospital. We couldn't really talk as he was in an isolation unit so just saw each other through a window. Can't even recall which of the illnesses he had picked up as there were a few to choose from back then. I have a feeling it may have been scarlett fever. All I know is he was in isolation for around 12 weeks or so while he was recovering. Smallpox was the big worry for me as a youngster. That was something I really didn't want but seemed to be quite a threat at the time. Suppose we are lucky that a lot of these have been eradicated, but as this sort of virus has not done the rounds for quite a while it looks like it's causing more panic than I can ever remember seeing before.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:33 am

Match Totally off Leon was right

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:56 am

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:

How embarrassing!

Why is it he was bang correct lol

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:57 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

Do u feel stupid now lol

Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:04 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

Good job some of these youngsters were not around when there were half a dozen things you could catch that would potentially kill you. As a youngster I remember visiting my cousin in hospital. We couldn't really talk as he was in an isolation unit so just saw each other through a window. Can't even recall which of the illnesses he had picked up as there were a few to choose from back then. I have a feeling it may have been scarlett fever. All I know is he was in isolation for around 12 weeks or so while he was recovering. Smallpox was the big worry for me as a youngster. That was something I really didn't want but seemed to be quite a threat at the time. Suppose we are lucky that a lot of these have been eradicated, but as this sort of virus has not done the rounds for quite a while it looks like it's causing more panic than I can ever remember seeing before.

The problem is, with a lot of viruses and diseases before is in quite a lot of cases, we got very lucky.

With smallpox it took obviously a long long time, but the world was very lucky to have a vaccination.

Even though that isn’t a cure, it prevents people from catching it.
They call these vaccinations miracle cures for a reason.

From how far wide this coronavirus has spread, we could really do with a “miracle cure” sometime soon. Though experts are saying if there’s one in the next few years it will be seen as “quick”