Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Fans will not be going to the Leeds game (Not confirmed

Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:19 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
LeonSDC wrote:You can wait for an official announcement later on if you like, but this is for anyone who is about to make plans for Sunday.

Don't bother making those plans.

Great inside knowledge that. Any idea who we are signing in the summer? Ha ha

I owe you an apology leon!!! You were bang on buddy

Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:24 pm

LeonSDC wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
LeonSDC wrote:You can wait for an official announcement later on if you like, but this is for anyone who is about to make plans for Sunday.

He has had a nightmare here.

Good job some of these youngsters were not around when there were half a dozen things you could catch that would potentially kill you. As a youngster I remember visiting my cousin in hospital. We couldn't really talk as he was in an isolation unit so just saw each other through a window. Can't even recall which of the illnesses he had picked up as there were a few to choose from back then. I have a feeling it may have been scarlett fever. All I know is he was in isolation for around 12 weeks or so while he was recovering. Smallpox was the big worry for me as a youngster. That was something I really didn't want but seemed to be quite a threat at the time. Suppose we are lucky that a lot of these have been eradicated, but as this sort of virus has not done the rounds for quite a while it looks like it's causing more panic than I can ever remember seeing before.

The problem is, with a lot of viruses and diseases before is in quite a lot of cases, we got very lucky.

With smallpox it took obviously a long long time, but the world was very lucky to have a vaccination.

Even though that isn’t a cure, it prevents people from catching it.
They call these vaccinations miracle cures for a reason.

From how far wide this coronavirus has spread, we could really do with a “miracle cure” sometime soon. Though experts are saying if there’s one in the next few years it will be seen as “quick”

Hopefully there will be a jab for this before too long similar to the flu jab I get every year. Only found out a week back that there is a pneumonia jab available to those over a certain age, also for those who have certain underlying medical problems. I expect they will get on top of this virus in a year or so just as they did with Smallpox.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:37 pm

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:
Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:

I owe you an apology leon!!! You were bang on buddy

Don’t need to apologise haha. I understand how mad it makes me look if I got it wrong haha

Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:50 pm

Good Call Leon - Even if we don't get any football ;)

Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:28 am

So, which was it then?

You sage like first post or the retreating second? :?

Seems you have had a mare here and makes your comments on another thread rather obvious and retrospective

Being ITK (or sitting on the fence, as in your case) needs to be backed up and, ahem, not for the first time you failed dismally!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:44 am

Sven wrote:

So, which was it then?

Seems you have had a mare here and makes your comments on another thread rather obvious and retrospective

Being ITK (or sitting on the fence, as in your case) needs to be backed up and, ahem, not for the first time you failed dismally!

I'm confused with what you're saying. I read the screenshot of what I said, and I don't understand your point?

Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:20 am

Sven wrote:

So, which was it then?

I've never said I was ITK. For the sake of you chilling out, let's just say I made an educated guess. Will that do?

Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:39 am

LeonSDC wrote:
Sven wrote:

So, which was it then?

I've never said I was ITK. For the sake of you chilling out, let's just say I made an educated guess. Will that do?

Nope! ;) :lol: :lol:

Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:25 am

Sven wrote:
LeonSDC wrote:
Sven wrote:

So, which was it then?

Nope! ;) :lol: :lol:

I hope you realize I don't know what you were trying to tell me 2 replies ago. I'm not all that sure it made sense. The screenshot and then your comment about the screenshot made it look like you were unhappy that I got the information right, but didn't wait until it was official to say so..?

I think there's a misunderstanding, can you run me through what your point was again.