Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vaughan Gething

Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:28 pm

He is the health secretary for Wales. How the hell can he allow sporting events to carry on. Wales play Scotland on Saturday they will bring thousands of fans with them. Doesn't he think that this is irresponsible. As for playing games behind closed doors, don't bother as sport is nothing without fans. Life and health is more important than sport.

Re: Vaughan Gething

Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:51 pm

Thewifestheboss wrote:He is the health secretary for Wales. How the hell can he allow sporting events to carry on. Wales play Scotland on Saturday they will bring thousands of fans with them. Doesn't he think that this is irresponsible. As for playing games behind closed doors, don't bother as sport is nothing without fans. Life and health is more important than sport.

All opinions mate but I’m going to leave it to the government to decide.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:59 pm

Thewifestheboss wrote:He is the health secretary for Wales. How the hell can he allow sporting events to carry on. Wales play Scotland on Saturday they will bring thousands of fans with them. Doesn't he think that this is irresponsible. As for playing games behind closed doors, don't bother as sport is nothing without fans. Life and health is more important than sport.

I don't trust any of that lot down the bay, but I am certain he will be acting on advice provided by the medical experts. It's not as if this is the first deadly virus we have ever had doing the rounds. I've survived man flu loads of times so not too bothered about this. ;)

Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:00 pm

It is going to spread anyway we can't bring the country to halt because of a virus. The only people at risk are the very elderly and people with serious underlying health problems who are often the same people.They should possibly self isolate for a while but life should go on as normal for the rest of us.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:12 pm

Crayfish wrote:

It is going to spread anyway we can't bring the country to halt because of a virus. The only people at risk are the very elderly and people with serious underlying health problems who are often the same people.They should possibly self isolate for a while but life should go on as normal for the rest of us.

Seems to me as if it's the younger generation who worry the most. I am certainly in the high risk category, but there are plenty of us who grew up when smallpox, TB etc., were still prevalent while the younger generation have been fortunate enough to be born after many of these were virtually eradicated. While this is obviously serious, I reckon the odds are still stacked more in favour of us having to battle cancer sometime in our lives rather than this virus. I am not losing any sleep over coronavirus although it will eventually affect me when they close the local pubs.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:16 pm

The man is an idiot, he has said he is not going to follow the advice from the chief medical officer regarding closing down matches or playing behind closed doors. If more people die because of this idiot he should be charged with manslaughter.
He is not fit to hold the position he does, just because it is a rugby match, is he afraid he will be villified for cancelling the match, I do dispair sometimes :banghead:

Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:26 pm

Igovernor wrote:The man is an idiot, he has said he is not going to follow the advice from the chief medical officer regarding closing down matches or playing behind closed doors. If more people die because of this idiot he should be charged with manslaughter.
He is not fit to hold the position he does, just because it is a rugby match, is he afraid he will be villified for cancelling the match, I do dispair sometimes :banghead:

He surely has to when that time occurs, doesn’t he?

Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:28 pm

Game no cancelled no thanks to the idiot Vaughan Gething and the money grabbing WRU. Politicians are supposed to be in office to make the correct decision. Vaughan resign you waste of space.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:18 pm

The Welsh Government is working together with the British Government and following the advice of the chief medical officer and chief scientific advisor, so if you don't agree with it you should aim your criticism at them and not Vaughan Gething and the Welsh Government.
Personally I thought the game should be off and thankfully it has been called off now.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:11 pm

Is this man real. He would not have the game cancelled yet today he stated that up to 25,000 people in Wakes could die from coronavirus. Gutless and unable to take action. What an excuse for a politician. Wru unable to cancel earlier than last minute. Typical of a bunch of arse holes.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:34 pm

Events dear boy.Events,

Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:32 pm

Thewifestheboss wrote:Is this man real. He would not have the game cancelled yet today he stated that up to 25,000 people in Wakes could die from coronavirus. Gutless and unable to take action. What an excuse for a politician. Wru unable to cancel earlier than last minute. Typical of a bunch of arse holes.

This Country :roll:

Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:04 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Thewifestheboss wrote:Is this man real. He would not have the game cancelled yet today he stated that up to 25,000 people in Wakes could die from coronavirus. Gutless and unable to take action. What an excuse for a politician. Wru unable to cancel earlier than last minute. Typical of a bunch of arse holes.

This Country :roll:

I love my country but our AMs constantly are a source of embarrassment and make me cringe. My mate has met him a few times and said he’s basically thick!!!

Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:41 am

Bloody embarrassing , he and the scruff standing next to him are always going on about how they not Westminster know what's best for Wales so why not be proactive and cancel everything not reactive and then say " we are following Westminster " ?

Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:46 am

JulesK wrote:Bloody embarrassing , he and the scruff standing next to him are always going on about how they not Westminster know what's best for Wales so why not be proactive and cancel everything not reactive and then say " we are following Westminster " ?

That’s what gets to me mate. Obsessed with not doing what England does!!

Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:58 pm

Absolutely no confidence in this man,rabbit in the headlights!!

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:15 pm

Crayfish wrote:

I hope for your sake that you have no relatives that old.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:12 pm

I saw the headline and thought someone had a lisp and that Vaughan was actually 'guessing' at what was going to happen...

Seems it was a simple typo on the spelling of his surname! ;)

My apologies for the confusion! :lol:

Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:27 pm

Him and his bunch of clowns recently put the price of alcohol up,what a knob !

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:21 pm

Ninianman wrote:Him and his bunch of clowns recently put the price of alcohol up,what a knob !

And he said - He likes a Drink :o