Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cardiff / Bob Bank “

Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:03 am

Cardiff / Bob Bank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Cardiff / Bob Bank “

Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:18 am

Against the Jack's that mate, remember it like it was yesterday, I was one of the first one down... And first ones back lol

Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:13 am

RV Casual wrote:Against the Jack's that mate, remember it like it was yesterday, I was one of the first one down... And first ones back lol

:lol: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:43 pm

Was it 97 that? I was in the canton and they opened the gate in between there and lower bob bank so they all piled over too. Was trying to get into bob bank and I missed Scot getting sent off. Lost 1-0 I think it was Keith Walker. Loved them games lol

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:07 pm

Loved the bob bank,used to love to tooing and frooing between that and the grange end.
Sat on the bog wall to see City play Real Madrid as i was too small to see over giants.
The Bob bank back wall was my entrance to the games for years,usually with a couple of rozzers chasing me.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Ninianman wrote:Loved the bob bank,used to love to tooing and frooing between that and the grange end.
Sat on the bog wall to see City play Real Madrid as i was too small to see over giants.
The Bob bank back wall was my entrance to the games for years,usually with a couple of rozzers chasing me.

Hard to think back to that now with all seater stadiums.
Changing halves of the bank depending on the way city were playing. Great times

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:48 pm

Trebanog bluebird wrote:Was it 97 that? I was in the canton and they opened the gate in between there and lower bob bank so they all piled over too. Was trying to get into bob bank and I missed Scot getting sent off. Lost 1-0 I think it was Keith Walker. Loved them games lol

I think the game you are thinking about is different to this one mate.

I remember the game when the gate got unlocked in the Canton and fans ran accross the terrace but I think it was a different game to this one, very close together though maybe a year later?

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:52 pm

always had my season ticket in the Bob bank and loved it. not that I'd swap it for my seat now tho.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:35 am

Might be the 87 game.. where Jeff Richards(bless im) got a cuff..

When we went to Cologne in 89(Mungersdorfer), Jeff, with a big grin on his mug shouted across the moat 'there's 200 skinheads waiting for you outside lads, good luck'..and made the cut throat sign.. ha ha

Cheers Jeff...

Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:11 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Trebanog bluebird wrote:Was it 97 that? I was in the canton and they opened the gate in between there and lower bob bank so they all piled over too. Was trying to get into bob bank and I missed Scot getting sent off. Lost 1-0 I think it was Keith Walker. Loved them games lol

I remember the game when the gate got unlocked in the Canton and fans ran accross the terrace but I think it was a different game to this one, very close together though maybe a year later?

Ah right, I remember taping it and re watching that game. Terry yorath was in the studio and said not many people know how fierce this rivalry is. Then Alan Brazil commentating saying this is as bad as rangers/Celtic Man City/Man Utd. He said there’s only a few thousand this is nuts haha

Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:01 am

RV Casual wrote:

I was one of about two or three that pushed the gates in the canton open and luckily loads followed..
I would love to see the game or footage again someone must have it somewhere :ayatollah: