Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ 60,000 a day crammed together “

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:27 am

Cheltenham week should have been cancelled as well.

They had an attendance yesterday of 60,000 odd. Which was down on the attendance of the previous two days. Due to Coronovirus uncertainty.

Attached is a photo of a percentage of those who attended, rammed together. This was/is absolutely fine though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ 60,000 a day crammed together “

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:47 am

If you have gone to Cheltenham - then basically you are admitting you want to get Covid-19 and by your actions you will then infect others (including your family members)
Same goes for the beer swilling muppets watching the egg - whether at the game or in a pub.

Deep down - I think perhaps the boffins are ok with this - as they want herd protection - so controlled infections are ok. Cheltenham and the Rugger allow for this. They know / want the virus to sweep through the UK - hopefully all the old people will just stay indoors and not go out - other than a walk round the garden etc.

A scientist on the radio just said - ideally we want all the old people to move to north scotland - away from everyone else - whilst the rest of us go to Kent and get the virus - then wait 2 weeks before returning home, I understand the logic of this.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:54 pm

The Chief Scientific Officer was just on the box saying you’ve as much chance of getting the virus in a large crowd as in a pub..

Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:40 pm

Interesting what they are going to do with The Grand National - Next big one 1st week of April .

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:20 pm

I was there yesterday. I’m okay so far, although my wallet is a little emptier ......

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:34 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:If you have gone to Cheltenham - then basically you are admitting you want to get Covid-19 and by your actions you will then infect others (including your family members)
Same goes for the beer swilling muppets watching the egg - whether at the game or in a pub.

Deep down - I think perhaps the boffins are ok with this - as they want herd protection - so controlled infections are ok. Cheltenham and the Rugger allow for this. They know / want the virus to sweep through the UK - hopefully all the old people will just stay indoors and not go out - other than a walk round the garden etc.

A scientist on the radio just said - ideally we want all the old people to move to north scotland - away from everyone else - whilst the rest of us go to Kent and get the virus - then wait 2 weeks before returning home, I understand the logic of this.

They won't all be returning home from Kent though will they

Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:14 am

The daftest decision this week was to allow 3000+ Athletico Madrid fans to go to Liverpool.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Its the sport of kings,,.
of course they carried on with the meeting.
Such arrogance

Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:34 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Interesting what they are going to do with The Grand National - Next big one 1st week of April .

Bookies seem to think the race will be cancelled/delayed, Tony?

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:12 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:If you have gone to Cheltenham - then basically you are admitting you want to get Covid-19 and by your actions you will then infect others (including your family members)

Are they right (not to cancel) and the rest of the sporting fraternity wrong (to do so)? :?

The Governmental advice is currently that there is no need to be cancelling these events and even the WRU admitted they crumbled to the actions of other organisations rather than the advice provided by the health people

To be clear, I don't know what the 'best' course of action is, as there are so many sides to it but I do think that many may have jumped the gun in the modern day practice of 'being seen to do something'

Whatever happens next, the repercussions either way are going to be huge :(