Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City player will prove a point '

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:52 pm

Livingston's Ciaron Brown states his Cardiff City ambitions

March 15, 2020

By Ben Bank

Ciaron Brown says he’s using his spell at Livingston to try and prove a point to parent club Cardiff City.

The defender has been in good form for the Lions since his return to the Tony Macaroni Arena, making nine appearances so far. Livi sit in fifth place, although the league is now indefinitely suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

n uncertain wait. (Photo by Ian Horrocks/Sunderland AFC via Getty Images)

Brown was on loan at Livingston from Cardiff for a period last season too. He’s stated the difference he’s seen in the club as he looks forward to his Cardiff City future.

“I think last time round it was the club’s first season after promotion and we didn’t really know what to expect so our aim was just to stay up where this time, the aim is probably still to stay up but we’ve gone past our expectations and probably now looking to push for top six,” he told the club’s website.

“We’ve set our own expectations and standards higher this time round now that we know what the league is all about.

Brown is targeting Cardiff City minutes.

“Short-term, realistically, we want to get top 6 and push on but when I go back down the road, I want them to see I’ve been playing games, got better and have a bit of experience now and hopefully come pre-season, I’ll be able to find a place in that team and play every week.”

' Making progress '

The defender, who was recently called up to the Northern Ireland squad, has slotted in nicely to Gary Holt’s back three. His long throw-ins have also caused opposition teams nightmares, creating goals against the likes of Motherwell and Celtic.

It’s been a beneficial spell and Brown clearly has his eye on the senior Cardiff City setup next. With what he’s shown in West Lothian, it’s certainly a possibility.

His continued development will have to wait now though as clubs like Livingston face an anxious wait over the conclusion of the 2019/20 campaign.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.