Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When Cardiff lose,does it spoil your weekend?

Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:17 pm

I know it used to ruin my whole weekend and I couldn’t stop thinking about it,now I’ve become a “we dust ourselves down and go again” person.

Re: When Cardiff lose,does it spoil your weekend?

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:27 pm

Football is supposed to be a fun, social activity mate. I say this with no disrespect to anyone but if Cardiff losing spoils the rest of anyone's weekend then in my opinion they have far to much time on their hands.

I love my Club as much as the next fan but they don't rule my life. Sure I'm gutted when we lose but that's it. Far to many other things going on to let it dominate my thoughts.

Having said that, The game is only a 'part' of why I go so maybe in not as heavily invested as some but I still think its sad if us losing would ruin your weekend.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:29 pm

Pisses me off for maybe a few hours. But then I'm normally over it. Depends on the manner of the loss, has been known to spoil a lot longer!

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:04 pm

I used to get really down if City lost but since I was diagnosed with prostate cancer last November I realise City losing is not that big a deal. I'm having treatment and am doing well and feeling really good,but I have missed quite a few games since November that I would love to have gone to but due to the recent bad weather I have put my health first

Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:29 am

When I was younger yes it ruined the weekend. However now I am older there are more important things in life than losing a game.

Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:55 am

I don't come on here for a while after a loss as the idiots do my head in. :lol:

Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:00 am

Thewifestheboss wrote:When I was younger yes it ruined the weekend. However now I am older there are more important things in life than losing a game.

Thats exactly how I am about it.

When I was younger my weekend was ruined and would not read the papers on a Monday if we had lost.

Now I am down for a couple of hrs, but My family life is way way more important to me :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:05 am

If we've lost it tends to bother me for a few hours but it doesn't spoil my weekend. I would say a lot depends on the opposition and the manner of the loss mind.

Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:06 am

(not an tan rant) but its funny because "pre-rebrand" any lose would destroy my entire week until we won again, a draw would ruin my weekend. i was young and it meant everything to me to experience that rush of a goal, and to win..... post-rebrand, i just don't care no more, win doesnt feel as good, and a loss just doesnt even bother me, i'll just go home chuck another game on and i wont even think about the cardiff game until the next one.