Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AVOID PUBS,CLUBS,RESTAURANTS AND THEATRES

Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:24 pm

Government advice today to avoid attending pubs, clubs, restaurants and theatres.
Anyone noticed if any have closed their doors as a result of this announcement yet.
Surely they can't remain open as attendances dwindle because of the coronavirus scare!

Re: AVOID PUBS,CLUBS,RESTAURANTS AND THEATRES

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:03 pm

Boris could have sold me a couple of days ago, just back from London the worst area and been to theatre and restaurants :lol:

Oh well, done now. Stay safe everyone.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:33 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:Government advice today to avoid attending pubs, clubs, restaurants and theatres.
Anyone noticed if any have closed their doors as a result of this announcement yet.
Surely they can't remain open as attendances dwindle because of the coronavirus scare!

Had this email from one of my local restaurants...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:27 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:Government advice today to avoid attending pubs, clubs, restaurants and theatres.

I think this what may others will do, think its what they did in Italy.

dont think it helps the situation mind

Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:03 am

this is very worrying as my kid brother works in a pub/resteraunt and if people stop going or they close down, he loses his pay

Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Very thoughtful Boris, leave it in the hands of the owners. That way, if they are not forced they can't claim insurance. f*cking rat.

Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:15 pm

nubbsy wrote:Very thoughtful Boris, leave it in the hands of the owners. That way, if they are not forced they can't claim insurance. f*cking rat.

You are wrong about the insurance issue ,I've got business insurance for my chip shop and if the government shut us down on a lock down then I cant claim for business interruption through my policy but if one of my staff falls ill.and eho shut us down I can ,boris's advice helps me not hinders me ,it depends on the individual policy coverage

Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:16 pm

Time a few rules and laws were put in and not advice - Not many listen ( there is that word again ) in this Country :roll:

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

we just don't know...lockdown certainly hasn't improved anything there..

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:46 am

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

I don’t think it was meant to improve things.

The whole thrust now is based on an acceptance most people will get this, they are just trying to spread that out over a longer period of time to mitigate the impact.

At the moment the spread isn’t accelerating to a level that might hit the “worse case scenario”. It will do so if we don’t follow the guidance and restrictions.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:50 am

piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

The whole thrust now is based on an acceptance most people will get this, they are just trying to spread that out over a longer period of time to mitigate the impact.

At the moment the spread isn’t accelerating to a level that might hit the “worse case scenario”. It will do so if we don’t follow the guidance and restrictions.

yes I am aware we are all likely to get it, and that its a case of trying to manage it as best possible ..{ slow it so that the NHS can clear the decks, and get prepared better }~
but the lockdowns were not meant to improve things ?
I don't think they were imposed to accelerate it and make things worse which is what has happened..

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:12 am

dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

yes I am aware we are all likely to get it, and that its a case of trying to manage it as best possible ..{ slow it so that the NHS can clear the decks, and get prepared better }~
I don't think they were imposed to accelerate it and make things worse which is what has happened..

How can we know that ?

That advice not to go out to pubs, etc., was less than 7 days ago which is less than the incubation time ! Therefore the effect of those measures is yet to be seen.

Cases have increased, but only in line with predictions.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:35 am

piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

How can we know that ?

That advice not to go out to pubs, etc., was less than 7 days ago which is less than the incubation time ! Therefore the effect of those measures is yet to be seen.

so the Italians predicted their figures would accelerate to these levels ?
no they did not...
and I haven't mentioned advice on pubs/clubs
look im not predicting anything, you've taken issue with facts and figures..

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:38 am

dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

How can we know that ?

[color=#FF0000]so the Italians predicted their figures would accelerate to these levels ?
no they did not...
[/color]
and I haven't mentioned advice on pubs/clubs
look im not predicting anything, you've taken issue with facts and figures..

Correct, but we can predict with greater accuracy because we can use the data from Italy, Spain, France, etc., who are ahead of us in the life on this (I think they said Italy are about 3 weeks ahead ?) to have a better idea of how this progresses and what measures work best. That's how modelling works.

In Italy and, to a lesser extent, Spain it's widely accepted that a couple of key hospitals made some significant errors in how they dealt with the initial outbreak, therefore just because those countries have dealt with it in one way doesn't necessarily make it inevitable that we should do the same.

Now personally I wouldn't have Boris in charge of my cat, however I do trust our experts so let's just hope that we can avoid the worse case scenario based on what they have learnt from other's mistakes so far.