School Closures Extra 2 weeks

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby RichardJones » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:24 pm

The Government should announce Friday that schools will close on Friday 27th March. Easter Holidays will be extended by 2 weeks.

Monday 30th March till Friday 24th April Children will be off for 4 weeks. So a week either side of the scheduled holiday.
RichardJones

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: School Closures Extra 2 weeks

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:58 pm

RichardJones wrote:The Government should announce Friday that schools will close on Friday 27th March. Easter Holidays will be extended by 2 weeks.

Monday 30th March till Friday 24th April Children will be off for 4 weeks. So a week either side of the scheduled holiday.

Is that a suggestion mate? If so, under the present circumstances I’d have to agree.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby RichardJones » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:13 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
RichardJones wrote:The Government should announce Friday that schools will close on Friday 27th March. Easter Holidays will be extended by 2 weeks.

Is that a suggestion mate? If so, under the present circumstances I’d have to agree.

No Sir this is what I have been informed by some schools and the government have been planning over the last few weeks.
RichardJones

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:26 pm

RichardJones wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

No Sir this is what I have been informed by some schools and the government have been planning over the last few weeks.

I’m in the profession and just been told the same actually mate.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby RichardJones » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:39 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
RichardJones wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’m in the profession and just been told the same actually mate.

Thank you for your reply. Will give parents a week to arrange the necessary extra 2 weeks childcare they will require.
RichardJones

Postby RichardJones » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:46 pm

The other scenario is to close schools from friday. give you the 2 weeks before the easter holidays. so from monday 23rd to friday 17th april.

but whatever one the government decide Easter holidays will be 4 weeks this year.
RichardJones

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:51 pm

RichardJones wrote:The other scenario is to close schools from friday. give you the 2 weeks before the easter holidays. so from monday 23rd to friday 17th april.

but whatever one the government decide Easter holidays will be 4 weeks this year.

Difficult one to call Richard.
Whatever is decided it’s going to cause different sorts of problems for different groups of people I think.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:28 pm

The way things are going I can't see schools reopening until the new school year in September, if the coronavirus has calmed down by then.
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:28 pm

I thought that Wales and England schools make there own mind up with half terms etc...
So are Wales waiting for Boris to make the call ??
TopCat CCFC

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:33 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:I thought that Wales and England schools make there own mind up with half terms etc...

If the WAG are anything to go by they’ll wait for Boris to make a decision then they’ll decide on something different.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:38 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:I thought that Wales and England schools make there own mind up with half terms etc...

If the WAG are anything to go by they’ll wait for Boris to make a decision then they’ll decide on something different.

;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby RichardJones » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:17 am

Yes Topcat they normally do but they are waiting for boris, government to announce this. With either close this Friday for 4weeks or next friday for 4 weeks.
RichardJones

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:37 pm

RichardJones wrote:

Yes Topcat they normally do but they are waiting for boris, government to announce this. With either close this Friday for 4weeks or next friday for 4 weeks.

And you were Spot On - Just announced .
TopCat CCFC

Postby RichardJones » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
RichardJones wrote:

And you were Spot On - Just announced .

Thanks Topcat. just waiting for Westminster england government to announce it as Wales & Scotland governments have already said. Also childcare providers will stay open. If both parents are working.

Also trying to work out which schools will just stay open to take the vulnerable children regarding safe guarding the kids that are being protected by the police. etc
RichardJones

Postby Bluebina » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:52 pm

RichardJones wrote:

All Welsh Schools to close this Friday
Bluebina

Postby Chippy82 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Well family friend who's a teaching assistant has been told that it could be extended to start of sept atm
Chippy82

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:26 pm

Chippy82 wrote:Well family friend who's a teaching assistant has been told that it could be extended to start of sept atm

Yes. I’m in profession too and these 2 weeks are very much ‘in the first instance’.
bluebirdoct1962

Return to General Chat