Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Terry Phillips

Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:58 am

I've known Terry for many years whilst following the City so I'm disgusted with him for running the story about Peter Whittingham if it isn't true.

Many are blaming others on Social media but the fact of the matter was that they were all going from Terry's story in the first place.

If no official confirmation is made then Terry needs to make a public apology to Peters family

Re: Terry Phillips

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:25 am

Penarth1 wrote:I've known Terry for many years whilst following the City so I'm disgusted with him for running the story about Peter Whittingham if it isn't true.

Many are blaming others on Social media but the fact of the matter was that they were all going from Terry's story in the first place.

If no official confirmation is made then Terry needs to make a public apology to Peters family

it was snowballing before he put that out. a few on here "with sources"

i agree though, Terry is a journo and shouldnt have done what he did without official conformation.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:32 am

Needs to face serious consequences for this. Although I hear it’s very serious.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:01 pm

Pretty sure journos write obituary type pieces when they know someone is ill so if the worst happens they can get them published quickly.

I’d imagine he’d written this under orders and it’s fallen into the wrong hands or been subject of a massive misunderstanding.

I find it hard to believe that a respected journo such as Terry would just publish it off his own back on a random news site.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:15 pm

CCFC_94 wrote:Pretty sure journos write obituary type pieces when they know someone is ill so if the worst happens they can get them published quickly.

I’d imagine he’d written this under orders and it’s fallen into the wrong hands or been subject of a massive misunderstanding.

I find it hard to believe that a respected journo such as Terry would just publish it off his own back on a random news site.

But I thought that nowadays Terry doesn't work for WalesOnLine anymore and that Dai-Sport is his website so if thats the case then he would have just published it off his own back

Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:25 pm

Penarth1 wrote:
CCFC_94 wrote:Pretty sure journos write obituary type pieces when they know someone is ill so if the worst happens they can get them published quickly.

But I thought that nowadays Terry doesn't work for WalesOnLine anymore and that Dai-Sport is his website so if thats the case then he would have just published it off his own back

Thats what I thought too.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:50 pm

I questioned this news when I first heard about it. I'm not looking to blame anyone as I doubt if anyone deliberately put out false news. I'm just glad it appears not to be true and hope that he is able to make a full recovery. You would hope that a young fit person would have as good a chance as anyone in fighting this terrible injury.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I questioned this news when I first heard about it. I'm not looking to blame anyone as I doubt if anyone deliberately put out false news. I'm just glad it appears not to be true and hope that he is able to make a full recovery. You would hope that a young fit person would have as good a chance as anyone in fighting this terrible injury.

you questioned..i questioned. and many others questioned.. you just don't say shit like this unless your sure... its happened { to a lesser extent as they are not so well known } to a couple of people I know over the last few years who were not and are not dead..

Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Saying he was dead make me sick when it was not true.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:30 pm

Ibby wrote:Saying he was dead make me sick when it was not true.

Unfortunately social media is full of false news and the newspapers are not much better. Good news is bad for the media. They are only interested in doom and gloom and a sensational headline. Not new. This has been going on for years. The media has been full of crap about Brexit, General Election and plenty of other things. All very sad but we will see this sort of stuff again plenty of times in the future. As an example you won't see any good news about Coronavirus, the media only deal with bad news and the BBC are one of the best at spreading false stories.

Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:34 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213598 :thumbright: